Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Big Picture: Putting the Sequester in Context

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/03/08/1190155/-The-Big-Picture-Putting-the-Sequester-in-Context

"Welcome to the end of Week One in Sequester World, accurately described as a "self-inflicted wound" at a time when the economy is still weak. But it is more than that, more than just a deliberately stupid attempt to deal with the deficit in the worst possible way.

It's a the latest move in a long running campaign to impose an agenda on the country that a majority of Americans do not want and have rejected at the polls. It's only possible because even Democrats have accepted many of the tacit assumptions underlying it, and the press has largely swallowed it down whole, including the need for unnecessary pain that will be felt by millions for years to come.

If the sequester was intended to be so painful for both political parties that they'd hammer out some kind of agreement to avoid it, what went wrong? And why are there people actually cheering it on?

WARNING: This is a long post heavy with links. I've spent days putting it together and polishing the arguments I'm trying to make; don't expect to breeze through it in a couple of minutes. That being said, I hope you will find your time well rewarded if you care to dive in...."

----------

KarlRove

KarlRove

Daily Kos?

Why not just post something from Pravda?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:Daily Kos?

Is it any worse than your prime news source--The Blaze? Glen Beck's digest of manifest truthiness...

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Daily Kos?

Is it any worse than your prime news source--The Blaze? Glen Beck's digest of manifest truthiness...

Name something from THE BLAZE that has been a lie...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum