Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Record 89,304,000 Americans 'Not in Labor Force' -- 296,000 Fewer Employed Since January

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Record 89,304,000 Americans 'Not in Labor Force' -- 296,000 Fewer Employed Since January
March 8, 2013

Record 89,304,000 Americans 'Not in Labor Force' -- 296,000 Fewer Employed Since January Unemployment-line

(CNSNews.com) - The number of Americans designated as "not in the labor force" in February was 89,304,000, a record high, up from 89,008,000 in January, according to the Department of Labor. This means that the number of Americans not in the labor force increased 296,000 between January and February.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) labels people who are unemployed and no longer looking for work as “not in the labor force,” including people who have retired on schedule, taken early retirement, or simply given up looking for work.

The increase marks the second month in a row, after rising in January from 88.8 million in December. Those not in the labor force had declined in December from 88.9 million in November.

The nation's unemployment rate decreased to 7.7 percent in February, down from 7.9 percent in January. Overall unemployment “has shown little movement, on net, since September 2012,” the Labor Department said.

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 236,000 in February, according to the report.

Read more:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/record-89304000-americans-not-labor-force-296000-fewer-employed-january

Yes, but, but but.....unemployment is coming dowwwwwwwwwwwwn....

LOLOLOL

2seaoat

including people who have retired on schedule, taken early retirement, or simply given up looking for work.

Its called the babyboom. I know this difficult for you to understand......but as our bulge in population reaches retirement age......this is a diffiuclt concept.....they leave the workforce. So you grab a statistic which reflects babyboomers retiring in record numbers and attempt to bootstrap that up to show that the economy and job creation is actually not recovering.

Do you really believe the stuff they give you to post? Now the question I have for you is what happens to a job when a person retires? Do the jobs disappear, or does somebody replace that person and become employed. Now if you had actually been clever enough to understand what actually is going on........and did not try to pull a flim flam man, a better question to ask is the economy really adding jobs, or are we just filling folks who are retiring? That would require integrity.......so here we are......wasting time.

Hey SO....how's your oatmeal this morning...?

FTR, it gives me just a little bit of hope every time I log on in the morning and see a post from you. Still hanging in there, doing the deal...makes me smile.

You are spot on about markie and his inability to to connect cause and effect to reality, and opts instead for the party talking points. Sadly, it matters not a whit to him.

Take care my friend.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Hope this helps:

Record 89,304,000 Americans 'Not in Labor Force' -- 296,000 Fewer Employed Since January Captur12

Record 89,304,000 Americans 'Not in Labor Force' -- 296,000 Fewer Employed Since January Captur13

Markle

Markle

Regardless of why the workforce is getting smaller and smaller the fact remains, there are fewer and fewer workers to support those now on Social Security, Medicare, welfare, food stamps, section eight housing, free cell phones, reduced price cable...life is good!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:Regardless of why the workforce is getting smaller and smaller the fact remains, there are fewer and fewer workers to support those now on Social Security, Medicare, welfare, food stamps, section eight housing, free cell phones, reduced price cable...life is good!

You left a few things off your list...the MIC, foreign aid, oil and gas subsidies and royalties, corporate tax breaks and amnesty, R&D subsidies and patent protections for pharmaceuticals, lifetime benefits for Congress...

But I'm not surprised at your myopia.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum