Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLS Employment Situation: 178,000 jobs added to the economy in November. Unemployment rate falls to 4.6%. Donald Trump is inheriting an economy that is at full employment.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

BLS Employment Situation: 178,000 jobs added to the economy in November.  Unemployment rate falls to 4.6%.  Donald Trump is inheriting an economy that is at full employment. Showimage

94,000,000+ out of work force (1 of 3.75)

50,000,000+ on public assistance (1 of 6 almost)

4.6% is fuzzy math at best.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Tellthetruth wrote:94,000,000+ out of work force (1 of 3.75)

Quotes from breitbart.com or some other, more-obscure wingnut source, I am sure....

I thought it was funny that Lame Dork poster Markle started a thread yesterday citing the same data as Boards and attributing the findings to the election of Donald Trump. How laughable is that?

No doubt in about 2 months, PeeDog and the Lame Dork will be hailing the same data each month as a triumph of Republican exceptionalism.

What somone from the Progressive side needs to do is keep citing the numbers that PeeDog endlessly quotes to show them how 'bad' things really are. Those numbers are not going to change overnight.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Looks like it's time for this one again....

OK, PaceDog.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

BLS Employment Situation: 178,000 jobs added to the economy in November.  Unemployment rate falls to 4.6%.  Donald Trump is inheriting an economy that is at full employment. 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in PaceDog-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, PaceDog likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure PaceDog has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, PaceDog.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Please proceed, governor....

Markle

Markle

Boardsoffl just loves leaving out the grimy details...what is it they say, the DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS?

New Record: Americans Not in Labor Force Breaks 95 Million for First Time
446,000 more individuals stayed out of the labor force this month than last

BY: Ali Meyer  —  December 2, 2016 9:54 am
The number of Americans not participating in the labor force hit a new record in November, exceeding 95 million for the first time, according to the latest numbers released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

[...]

The labor force participation rate, which is the percentage of the population that has a job or actively looked for one in the past month, declined from 62.8 percent in October to 62.7 percent in November.

The unemployment rate for all Americans declined from 4.9 percent in October to 4.6 percent in November. This measure does not account for those individuals who have dropped out of the labor force and simply measures the percent of those who did not have a job but actively sought one over the month.

While the unemployment rate declined this month, the number of Americans joining the labor force declined by 226,000 individuals.

The “real” unemployment rate, otherwise known as the U-6 measure, was 9.3 percent in November, which declined from 9.5 percent in the previous month.

Democrats such as Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) and Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen have said this measure accounts for discouraged workers and those working part time instead of full time for economic reasons and is more representative of the labor market.

There were 5,669,000 Americans working part-time in November who would rather have a full-time job but cited economic reasons for not having such employment.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/new-record-americans-not-labor-force-breaks-95-million-first-time/

Last edited by Markle on 12/2/2016, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Boardsoffl just loves leaving out the grimy details...what is it they say, the DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS?

[size=24]New Record: Americans Not in Labor Force Breaks 95 Million for First Time
[/size

The number of Americans not participating in the labor force hit a new record in November, exceeding 95 million for the first time, according to the latest numbers released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

[...]

The labor force participation rate, which is the percentage of the population that has a job or actively looked for one in the past month, declined from 62.8 percent in October to 62.7 percent in November.

The unemployment rate for all Americans declined from 4.9 percent in October to 4.6 percent in November. This measure does not account for those individuals who have dropped out of the labor force and simply measures the percent of those who did not have a job but actively sought one over the month.

While the unemployment rate declined this month, the number of Americans joining the labor force declined by 226,000 individuals.

The “real” unemployment rate, otherwise known as the U-6 measure, was 9.3 percent in November, which declined from 9.5 percent in the previous month.

Democrats such as Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) and Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen have said this measure accounts for discouraged workers and those working part time instead of full time for economic reasons and is more representative of the labor market.

There were 5,669,000 Americans working part-time in November who would rather have a full-time job but cited economic reasons for not having such employment.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/new-record-americans-not-labor-force-breaks-95-million-first-time/

OK, Markle.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

BLS Employment Situation: 178,000 jobs added to the economy in November.  Unemployment rate falls to 4.6%.  Donald Trump is inheriting an economy that is at full employment. 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in Markle-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, Markle likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure Markle has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, Markle.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

polecat

polecat

Markle wrote:Boardsoffl just loves leaving out the grimy details...what is it they say, the DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS?

New Record: Americans Not in Labor Force Breaks 95 Million for First Time

[...]

The next jobs report will mark a historic milestone:
the last time republicans/regressive mention ''labor participation rate'' until the next Democrat president.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

polecat wrote:The next jobs report will mark a historic milestone: the last time republicans/regressive mention ''labor participation rate'' until the next Democrat president.

Your logic is probably correct. LOL!!!!

No, we need to keep this discussion alive. Just turn it around and use it as a billy-club on Lame Dork poster Markle and PeeDog.

What if that number DOES NOT improve under President Trump? It will be fun to hear their excuses........

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

So, with that said, the floor is yours, Markle.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Thank you Gov.

PLEASE show us all where I have EVER said anything like: "the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point TRUMPS everything from jobless claims to GDP, to retail sales" etc.

I understand I offend your sensibilities by disclosing the facts about the economy you, and others here, intentionally ignore in order to push your false agenda.

Yes, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama most definitely guided a long, long running trend of far fewer workers and far more people living on the government dole.

I fully realize you and 2seaoat are fully aware of the massive failure of President Obama and just either can't swallow the facts, or simply want to stir the pot.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:OK, Markle.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.....

...What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce...

And, my generation (Boomers) has not yet reached the peak of its retirements, so the LPR is going to get worse under President Trump. We will need to point out to PeeDog and Lame Dork poster Markle how poorly Trump is fairing in the numbers department compared to Obama on this issue! Don't let this matter slip away....

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
polecat wrote:The next jobs report will mark a historic milestone: the last time republicans/regressive mention ''labor participation rate'' until the next Democrat president.

Your logic is probably correct. LOL!!!!

No, we need to keep this discussion alive. Just turn it around and use it as a billy-club on Lame Dork poster Markle and PeeDog.

What if that number DOES NOT improve under President Trump? It will be fun to hear their excuses........

Please keep in mind that you (Progressives) blamed former President Bush for EIGHT YEARS for any and all bad news. Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama has yet to take any responsibility, whatsoever, for the failure of his administration.

I've sometimes wondered if dad Obama ever had a conversation with his two daughters about takeing responsibilities for their mistakes.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
boards of FL wrote:OK, Markle.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.....

...What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce...

And, my generation (Boomers) has not yet reached the peak of its retirements, so the LPR is going to get worse under President Trump. We will need to point out to PeeDog and Lame Dork poster Markle how poorly Trump is fairing in the numbers department compared to Obama on this issue! Don't let this matter slip away....

How is it that neither you nor the other Progressives here are able to accept the FACT that MILLIONS of legal and illegal aliens entering the country monthly along with millions of young people turning 16 and ENTERING the labor force. How is it that you find that impossible to comprehend.

IF what you demand to believe were true, how is it that the population of the United States continues to INCREASE? How?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:How is it that neither you nor the other Progressives here are able to accept the FACT that MILLIONS of legal and illegal aliens entering the country monthly along with millions of young people turning 16 and ENTERING the labor force.  How is it that you find that impossible to comprehend.

IF what you demand to believe were true, how is it that the population of the United States continues to INCREASE?  How?

BLS Employment Situation: 178,000 jobs added to the economy in November.  Unemployment rate falls to 4.6%.  Donald Trump is inheriting an economy that is at full employment. 20d3802dc9eacc277ba406758b4e004e

Markle

Markle

THANK YOU AGAIN for going out of your way to prove I AM RIGHT!

Care to give it another try?

How is it that neither you nor the other Progressives here are able to accept the FACT that MILLIONS of legal and illegal aliens entering the country monthly along with millions of young people turning 16 and ENTERING the labor force. How is it that you find that impossible to comprehend.

IF what you demand to believe were true, how is it that the population of the United States continues to INCREASE? How?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:THANK YOU AGAIN for going out of your way to prove I AM RIGHT!

Care to give it another try?

How is it that neither you nor the other Progressives here are able to accept the FACT that MILLIONS of legal and illegal aliens entering the country monthly along with millions of young people turning 16 and ENTERING the labor force.  How is it that you find that impossible to comprehend.

IF what you demand to believe were true, how is it that the population of the United States continues to INCREASE?  How?

BLS Employment Situation: 178,000 jobs added to the economy in November.  Unemployment rate falls to 4.6%.  Donald Trump is inheriting an economy that is at full employment. 20d3802dc9eacc277ba406758b4e004e

It must be that senile dementia again.......

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Quotes from breitbart.com or some other, more-obscure wingnut source, I am sure....

I thought it was funny that Lame Dork poster Markle started a thread yesterday citing the same data as Boards and attributing the findings to the election of Donald Trump. How laughable is that?

No doubt in about 2 months, PeeDog and the Lame Dork will be hailing the same data each month as a triumph of Republican exceptionalism.

What somone from the Progressive side needs to do is keep citing the numbers that PeeDog endlessly quotes to show them how 'bad' things really are. Those numbers are not going to change overnight.

Here loser LT, another source saying the very same thing:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/many-them-doing-95-million-175823008.html

The November jobs report looked pretty good on the surface except for one number that popped off the page: 95 million.

That's the number of Americans now counted as not in the labor force, a historic high that has confounded economists and policymakers. The total — 95.06 million to be more exact — has been rising consistently but surged by a gaudy 446,000 last month.

Indeed, the U.S. saw an explosion in benefits during the Great Recession that has receded only mildly during the recovery.

For example, the level of those enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — food stamps — has remained elevated even with an economic expansion that is nearly 7 ½ years old. SNAP recipients totaled 33.5 million in 2009, the year the recession ended. In 2016, the number is at 45.3 million. The government shelled out $74 billion in benefits last year, about double the level of 2008

HERE IS THE REAL STORY
Taken together, the numbers show that there's more to meets the eye than a headline unemployment rate of 4.6 percent, the lowest since August 2007. Because that number ignores those not in the labor force, as well as workers at part-time jobs for economic reasons, it doesn't tell the whole story. A broader jobless measure is at 9.3 percent

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Tellthetruth wrote:HERE IS THE REAL STORY
Taken together, the numbers show that there's more to meets the eye than a headline unemployment rate  of 4.6 percent, the lowest since August 2007. Because that number ignores those not in the labor force, as well as workers at part-time jobs for economic reasons, it doesn't tell the whole story. A broader jobless measure  is at 9.3 percent

We'll give Trump 2 years to turn it all around. That is much more time than you wingnuts gave President Obama to fix the disaster handed him by George W. Bush. Trump is inheriting a much better economy than Obama did, so there will be no excuses accepted. The numbers you cite should improve, and the deficit should not grow in the first budget or two Trump proffers. We'll know by the next midterms.

Oh, and the labor participation rate should improve under Trump (we'll blame Republicans if it does not).

You wingnuts will be hearing from us if Trump falters in his plans. We will not allow you to take the easy way out (i.e., blame Democrats). We will be relentless, and you will receive the same fury you dished out in return. You have both houses of Congress, the Presidency, and will have a right-leaning Supreme Court. THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES!

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:HERE IS THE REAL STORY
Taken together, the numbers show that there's more to meets the eye than a headline unemployment rate  of 4.6 percent, the lowest since August 2007. Because that number ignores those not in the labor force, as well as workers at part-time jobs for economic reasons, it doesn't tell the whole story. A broader jobless measure  is at 9.3 percent

[color=#333399]We'll give Trump 2 years to turn it all around.

There is nothing to turn around. We're at full employment. We, literally, cannot do any better than this with respect to the labor market. The only direction we can possibly go in at this point is down.

And I'll point out that the last time a democrat handed the executive office off to a republican we were at full employment as well. The last two democratic presidents left us at full employment. This is why it is completely bizarre that we want to reverse course and go in the opposite direction with respect to policy.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:This is why it is completely bizarre that we want to reverse course and go in the opposite direction with respect to policy.  

You have the background and know the facts. Do not let PeeDog and Lame Dork poster Markle have any slack on these issues! Trump makes everything even better, or else they are full of doo-doo!

2seaoat

Poor Mr. Markle could not even get into a graduate economics program because he would have to be scored on a test to determine his aptitude, but it is a beautiful thing to watch a person consistently making a fool out of his lack of knowledge. President Obama will NEVER in history be critically attacked by Historians for how the economy performed under his eight year regime. It is too funny reading his explanations.....I wish he was in one of my graduate classes forty years ago, because there was always one knucklehead who would just spew nonsense and not have the sense to understand that people were laughing at him, and not with him. When Mr. Markle talks economics, folks laugh.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I wish he was in one of my graduate classes forty years ago, because there was always one knucklehead who would just spew nonsense and not have the sense to understand that people were laughing at him, and not with him.   When Mr. Markle talks economics, folks laugh.

He reminds me of Clyde Crashcup of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon series.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum