Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zimmerman case cracking for prosecutors

+2
Slicef18
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat wrote: I've always despised racial prejudice...at least since I became aware of how rampant yet covert it is.

Most of our family weddings and friends weddings have family members who have spouses of different races. It is amazing how far we have come, but for me it was this spiritual thing that happened to me in Birmingham Alabama after the little girls got killed in church and I listened to my relatives in my Grandmother's large kitchen......I just listened, and from that moment on I understood that hate is usually fear, and how could somebody hate little girls my age at that time, and how could anybody blow up little girls.......It was an important time in my life........Vector would not have understood.......I would have been listening to him give his two cents worth.....hate and prejudice in the end is simply fear......fear is for children and cowards.....not for folks who can sleep without a night light, and laugh about the boogie man.

I think fear is a small part of hate. People simply don't like people who are different or unfamiliar. I was reading last night about Joseph Goebbles and how much he hated the jews. He and his wife killed their six children when the Russians came rather than let them live in a society where they might be influenced by other propaganda or races.

Human nature... It's time for us all to recognize and reconcile that. The good news is that there is an end to it.

We will sooner or later be done with it. The human inclination is to diversification... we are the ultimate insect.

We see... We overcome...we adapt.

Nekochan wrote:Yes, Slice. That is exactly what happened. When Trayvon was first killed, the entire country thought that he was a sweet looking, innocent boy.

Not only that but the prosecution got the indictment w/o showing any of the injuries to the grand jury on Zimmerman.Seaoat lives in la la land if he thinks prosecutors are honest. There are tons of cases where prosecutors failed to disclose evidence to the defense.

PkrBum wrote:Human nature... It's time for us all to recognize and reconcile that. The good news is that there is an end to it.

We will sooner or later be done with it. The human inclination is to diversification... we are the ultimate insect.

We see... We overcome...we adapt.

Maybe. But this insect is real and headed our way.

Be afraid. Oh, yeah....I'm talking fear.

The Sunshine State, already home to man-eating sinkholes, invading Burmese pythons, swarming sharks, tropical storms and other disasters, can expect to see an explosion of shaggy-haired gallinippers (Psorophora ciliata), a type of giant mosquito, according to entomologist Phil Kaufman of the University of Florida.

The wife and I are packing as I post this.

Run away and save yourselves.

This sucks.

Hard.

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/09/17249991-gallinippers-monster-mosquitoes-poised-to-strike-florida?lite

Like straight out of a QT movie.

2seaoat

Seaoat lives in la la land if he thinks prosecutors are honest.

I simply complimented the prosecutors for doing the right thing, and yes most prosecutors really do try to do the right thing. I see my daughter doing the right thing, and she finds the bad prosecutor, or bad cop is the exception, not the rule........and yes......those folks are out there.

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat lives in la la land if he thinks prosecutors are honest.

I simply complimented the prosecutors for doing the right thing, and yes most prosecutors really do try to do the right thing. I see my daughter doing the right thing, and she finds the bad prosecutor, or bad cop is the exception, not the rule........and yes......those folks are out there.

Has she discussed the percentage of plea agreements vs. actual trials...? I'm curious about our overcrowded dockets, etc.

I'm not naive....I know it happens quite a lot. I'm more interested in the disposition of cases and what would meet a minimum threshold for prosecution.

There are new for profit graybar hotels being opened. Are they taking overflow from existing prisons to try to ease overcrowding, or are they being filled by new inmates.

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat lives in la la land if he thinks prosecutors are honest.

You think the prosecution charge was correct?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum