Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tired of the Zimmerman case? Here's a new one - the Michael Dunn case

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nadalfan

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/New-evidence-released-in-Michael-Dunn-case/8EAFuUAkn0SDWAoffkDr6A.cspx

a little more info- http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-04-09/story/michael-dunn-remains-adamant-police-interview-after-killing-jordan-davis

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't think this is like the Zimmerman case at all, even though the accused is claiming self defense. The accused shot into the other car 9 times or so, from his own car, and then left the scene. He's going to be looking at a lot of years in prison when this is over, I think.

nadalfan

Nekochan wrote:I don't think this is like the Zimmerman case at all, even though the accused is claiming self defense.  The accused shot into the other car 9 times or so, from his own car, and then left the scene.  He's going to be looking at a lot of years in prison when this is over, I think.  

He claims they had a gun and he was in fear for his life. I am just reading about it, so I don't know all the details, but I did read that he didn't like "thug" music. We'll see what happens

2seaoat

Dunn felt threatened and that is why he fired.

I agree that this is not like the Zimmerman case at all.........

Michael Dunn is now in jail awaiting trial.

Nekochan

Nekochan

nadalfan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I don't think this is like the Zimmerman case at all, even though the accused is claiming self defense.  The accused shot into the other car 9 times or so, from his own car, and then left the scene.  He's going to be looking at a lot of years in prison when this is over, I think.  

He claims they had a gun and he was in fear for his life. I am just reading about it, so I don't know all the details, but I did read that he didn't like "thug" music.  We'll see what happens

It'll be interesting. But I think he's in a much worse place than Zimmerman was, concerning a defense. That he left the scene and drove back south doesn't help him a bit.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

He claims they had a gun and he was in fear for his life. I am just reading about it, so I don't know all the details, but I did read that he didn't like "thug" music.  We'll see what happens

It'll be interesting.  But I think he's in a much worse place than Zimmerman was, concerning a defense.   That he left the scene and drove back south  doesn't help him a bit.

Yeah but he feared for his life.  Can you prove he did not?  Acquit this man, give him his gun back, and send him back out into the general population!

Sal

Sal

nadalfan wrote:

but I did read that he didn't like "thug" music.  We'll see what happens

Thug music??

That's some scary stuff.

If you don't like it, you must acquit.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Dunn felt threatened and that is why he fired.

Of course he is. He shot multiple times into a car and killed someone. He wasn't beaten, his nose wasn't broken. He fled the scene. They have him on a first degree murder charge, something that Zimmerman was never charged with. Zimmerman was handcuffed and taken to the police station and questioned the night he killed Trayvon. The police determined at that time that there wasn't enough evidence to arrest him on.

No, not the same at all.

2seaoat

Thug music??

If it looks like a duck............

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

It'll be interesting.  But I think he's in a much worse place than Zimmerman was, concerning a defense.   That he left the scene and drove back south  doesn't help him a bit.

Yeah but he feared for his life.  Can you prove he did not?  Acquit this man, give him his gun back, and send him back out into the general population!

Was it reasonable for him to fear for his life?  I don't know, a jury will decide.  Just like with Zimmerman.  Just fleeing the scene after he had fired multiple times into a car full of people should get him time in prison....even if he hadn't killed anyone.

nadalfan

2seaoat wrote:Dunn felt threatened and that is why he fired.

Yes, fortunately he is in jail, but this case has the "I feared for my life" self defense and the racial aspect that the Zimmerman case has

nadalfan

Sal wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

but I did read that he didn't like "thug" music.  We'll see what happens

Thug music??

That's some scary stuff.

If you don't like it, you must acquit.
Not only that, but a picture of the victim, Jordan Davis, shows him in a hoodie

Sal

Sal

nadalfan wrote:

Not only that, but a picture of the victim, Jordan Davis, shows him in a hoodie

HOLY SHIT!

It gives me goosebumps just thinkin' about it.

This guy is gonna walk!

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-07-16/story/lawyer-man-accused-killling-jordan-davis-predicts-corey-will-seek

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum