Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morgan....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1   Morgan.... Empty Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 11:08 am

grounds Sheriff's Office helicopter because it's not cost effective...the same air unit that Morgan campaigned against his first run calling them expensive toys and not cost effective...So he was actually against the helicopter unit before he was for it and used it...and now against it?...

2   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 11:30 am

The new drones coming out will make the choppers useless..

3   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 11:31 am

Lurch wrote:The new drones coming out will make the choppers useless..

That would be funny....if not so scary!....

4   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 11:54 am

Well he does appear to have an identity crisis....

Morgan.... Dictator-podcast-review

5   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 12:06 pm

nochain wrote:Well he does appear to have an identity crisis....

Morgan.... Dictator-podcast-review

LOL!...Only took him over four years to determine the helicopter/air unit was not cost effective after condemning the former sheriff for using helicopter...Where's the Count Chocula Medal?....

6   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 12:18 pm

[quote="newswatcher"]
nochain wrote:Well he does appear to have an identity crisis....

LOL!...Only took him over four years to determine the helicopter/air unit was not cost effective after condemning the former sheriff for using helicopter...Where's the Count Chocula Medal?....

He forgot to pay his annual dues remember?

7   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 12:40 pm

2seaoat

The man is doing a good job. Helicopter for a sheriff's department with a population of Escambia County.......a bit excessive. A shared venture with Santa Rosa.....maybe getting close to the population which could support the same......but the truth is that helicopters are expensive and useful.......priorities.

8   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 2:10 pm

Morgan said that much (or some) of the cost of the helos came from grants - he didnt say whether federal or state. He did say the employees who flew and maintained them would still have other duties, so they wouldnt lose their jobs.

My question is what other job could a helicoptor pilot do at the sheriff dept?

9   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/6/2013, 2:17 pm

Jake92

His #1 job is a cop!!! He just happens to be licensed to fly choppers.

10   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/7/2013, 11:41 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Sheriff Morgan. If wearing medals on his lapel helps him get through another stressful day, so be it. He's a hell of a lot better than his predecessor.

11   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/11/2013, 3:39 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Sheriff Morgan. If wearing medals on his lapel helps him get through another stressful day, so be it. He's a hell of a lot better than his predecessor.

Hardly.

12   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/12/2013, 9:11 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Hardly.

Show up to work someday with medals that you earned in the military...and one that you purchased/and neglected to continue payment on... and see what coworkers say...

13   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/12/2013, 9:15 am

colaguy wrote:Morgan said that much (or some) of the cost of the helos came from grants - he didnt say whether federal or state. He did say the employees who flew and maintained them would still have other duties, so they wouldnt lose their jobs.

Both crewmen are first and foremost sworn LEOs. One just happens to have a license to fly helicopters while the other is the spotter.

14   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/12/2013, 11:12 am

cool1

cool1

Yep the drones are on the way , Laughing small as a bug -and no way to control them, If students can bring them down I know I could if it comes in my back yard ---This reminds me of a movie I watched -the older coulple that found little UFOs in the apartment building and some were scared of them so funny maybe we could make friends in my case they may like worms lol so funny we could have all the little drones on our side . Laughing

15   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/13/2013, 4:27 am

cool1 wrote:

Yep the drones are on the way , Laughing small as a bug -and no way to control them, If students can bring them down I know I could if it comes in my back yard ---This reminds me of a movie I watched -the older coulple that found little UFOs in the apartment building and some were scared of them so funny maybe we could make friends in my case they may like worms lol so funny we could have all the little drones on our side . Laughing

Drones aren't going to fly at an altitude that you can shoot them down from...unless you happen to have a SAM system in your backyard.

Preds and Reapers fly anywhere from 10k-40k feet. They can read a name off of a golfball from there as well. You won't hear or see them either.

16   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/14/2013, 12:17 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
colaguy wrote:Morgan said that much (or some) of the cost of the helos came from grants - he didnt say whether federal or state. He did say the employees who flew and maintained them would still have other duties, so they wouldnt lose their jobs.

Both crewmen are first and foremost sworn LEOs. One just happens to have a license to fly helicopters while the other is the spotter.

I wonder how experienced the licensed LEO was and how often he flew to maintain his proficiency? One thing about being a pilot, you must fly on a regular and ongoing basis to stay proficient. The number of hours you have in the air and in the type/model aircraft you fly is also important.

I had a former coworker who was licensed to fly and qualified in Cessnas, and one day he asked me to go flying with him. I asked him, "Henry, how many flight-hours do you have?" He told me: "145." I told him to come back and ask me again when his flight-time surpassed about the 1,500 hour mark. No way was I going to be dumb enough to fly with a 145 hour pilot.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

17   Morgan.... Empty Re: Morgan.... 3/14/2013, 3:31 am

Yep, the aerospace dimension is not like any other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum