Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boards for you

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boards for you Empty Boards for you 3/1/2013, 3:36 pm

Is your Falcons going more youthful or are they trying to get rid of some hefty salaries to meet the salary cap or both?

They have released Michael Turner, John Abraham and Dunta Robinson.

2Boards for you Empty Re: Boards for you 3/1/2013, 3:40 pm

2seaoat

You are joking? Michael turner is a huge asset in any program.

3Boards for you Empty Re: Boards for you 3/1/2013, 4:04 pm

2seaoat wrote:You are joking? Michael turner is a huge asset in any program.

Nope, just read it on the news wire.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9002220/michael-turner-john-abraham-dunta-robinson-released-atlanta-falcons

Guess they are putting all their marbles on Jacquizz Rodgers. Turner will not stay unemployed very long. Despite his age he is still a good running back and there are a lot of teams out there that will be glad to acquire his services.

4Boards for you Empty Re: Boards for you 3/1/2013, 5:12 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

He's old and past his prime as far as running back go. The team is going to start to look more like Green Bay or New England next year, so they have no need for a bowling ball style RB anymore.

5Boards for you Empty Re: Boards for you 3/1/2013, 6:10 pm

boards of FL wrote:

He's old and past his prime as far as running back go. The team is going to start to look more like Green Bay or New England next year, so they have no need for a bowling ball style RB anymore.

I will say though that they have 2 pretty good running backs in Jacquizz Rodgers and Antone Smith.

6Boards for you Empty Re: Boards for you 3/1/2013, 6:38 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I will say though that they have 2 pretty good running backs in Jacquizz Rodgers and Antone Smith.

Snelling is actually their starter now that Turner is out.

7Boards for you Empty Re: Boards for you 3/1/2013, 6:51 pm

boards of FL wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

In the Atlanta games that I watched this past season Rodgers was far more impressive than Snelling, IMHO.

8Boards for you Empty Re: Boards for you 3/1/2013, 6:57 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

In the Atlanta games that I watched this past season Rodgers was far more impressive than Snelling, IMHO.

Agreed, but he's tiny. 5'6" - 196 lbs. Too much wear and tear in the nfl for a guy that size to be a full time, every-down back and also return kickoffs and punts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum