Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm curious to know what you obama lovers and obama haters think about the flap with Bob Woodward?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Any of you wanna weigh in on it?

Also, do any of you know where I can get some Clearasil on sale?

Sal

Sal

Woodward is a wanker extraordinaire.

He's been costing on Bernstein's scoop his entire career.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

He's been coasting on Bernstein's scoop his entire career.

There's no doubt about it. Woodward had nothing to do with the Watergate story, it was ALL the work of Bernstein. Woodward has always been a lapdog for right-wingers and republicans.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Now that we've had the obama-lovers take on this, what about you
obama-haters? Has the cat got your tongues or what?

I see no problem that another sedition act won't fix.

Edit: I'm referring to the wh coercion of the press... you might need a belt sander for the acne dude.

2seaoat

Woodward is a wanker extraordinaire.

He's been costing on Bernstein's scoop his entire career.

I disagree. Woodard broke the Watergate investigation wide open with his relationship with deep throat. He is a very smart man from a well established family of smart folks who is meticulous in his reporting. I have argued from day one that the S is not the Presidents fault, but it is most certainly part of the strategy of the Chicago way to seek retribution for political opponents, and advantage to allies. Obama will have the media focusing on his share of the responsibility, but in the end it is a question of revenues and closing loopholes which is the real reason for the S.......but Woodard is no Wanker.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Any of you wanna weigh in on it?

Also, do any of you know where I can get some Clearasil on sale?

Please get rid of that avatar, Bob.

Sal

Sal

The problem with Bob Woodward is not the egregious power-slurping, nor the thousand-page doorstops that power-slurping produces with the monotonous regularity of cows walking up through the slaughter-pens. The problem with Bob Woodward is that, for all his formidable reputation, he's something of a meathead. He can't write his name. His analysis is inevitably the most lugubrious recitation of the latest right-leaning Beltway conventional wisdom. If he's ever had an original or interesting thought, it died of loneliness. And now, it appears, he's become a paranoid meathead.

Moreover, Woodward, whose facility with English rivals a manatee's gifts with power tools, argued that, because he never specifically used the word "threat" to describe Sterling's caution that Woodward would "regret" saying that the Sequestration was the president's idea, that he hasn't been all over the public prints and the public airwaves saying he'd been threatened with retaliation by the White House. (Which brings up the obvious question — what can they possibly do to Bob Fking Woodward?) OK, now even I'm starting to think Nixon was framed.

His whole problem is that the e-mails do speak for themselves, and they disagree with the interpretation that Woodward has placed on them, and, because he's a meathead, and because he's not a deft enough thinker to extricate himself from this wholly unnecessary comedy, he keeps explaining how Sperling threatened him in a way that was not a threat. An intervention is sorely needed here, or a stun gun.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Bob_Woodward_Keeps_Digging#sthash.b5hMP1V7.dpuf

Laughing

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I think Woodward sells out to the highest bidder...always has. His books are yawners. I just wish he would go away.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:The problem with Bob Woodward is not the egregious power-slurping, nor the thousand-page doorstops that power-slurping produces with the monotonous regularity of cows walking up through the slaughter-pens. The problem with Bob Woodward is that, for all his formidable reputation, he's something of a meathead. He can't write his name. His analysis is inevitably the most lugubrious recitation of the latest right-leaning Beltway conventional wisdom. If he's ever had an original or interesting thought, it died of loneliness. And now, it appears, he's become a paranoid meathead.

Moreover, Woodward, whose facility with English rivals a manatee's gifts with power tools, argued that, because he never specifically used the word "threat" to describe Sterling's caution that Woodward would "regret" saying that the Sequestration was the president's idea, that he hasn't been all over the public prints and the public airwaves saying he'd been threatened with retaliation by the White House. (Which brings up the obvious question — what can they possibly do to Bob Fking Woodward?) OK, now even I'm starting to think Nixon was framed.

His whole problem is that the e-mails do speak for themselves, and they disagree with the interpretation that Woodward has placed on them, and, because he's a meathead, and because he's not a deft enough thinker to extricate himself from this wholly unnecessary comedy, he keeps explaining how Sperling threatened him in a way that was not a threat. An intervention is sorely needed here, or a stun gun.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Bob_Woodward_Keeps_Digging#sthash.b5hMP1V7.dpuf

Laughing

I think Nixon was framed as well. How do you get a scoop on a thing like Watergate? Be an insider.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You two have not disappointed me. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think it would be a lot better if we just didn't have any press. It's just not fair to obama. Obama knows what's best for us and anybody who isn't smart enough to understand that is just a miserable ingrate who needs to keep his ignorant mouth shut.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:You two have not disappointed me. lol

Do you think he was threatened, Bob?

BTW, I thought he was a wanker extraordinaire when Dubya was in office, so you can stuff the whole Obama angle.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A "wanker extraordinaire". lol

Don't worry, Sal, he means as much to me and my life as obama and bush and hannity and ed schultz do. He's just another character in the dog and pony show which shows up on my tv screen whenever I push the power button. It's all fairly entertaining but I prefer watching Antiques Roadshow. lol

VectorMan

VectorMan

Almost refreshing to see Obama's lies exposed by another liberal. Even if he is a sell-out, Woodward has been perceived to be one of the good little liberals for years.

Apparently he has crossed some sort of line and the other liberal reporters/repeaters are pissed.

Former Newsweek Editor: Robert Gibbs Sent Me 'Abusive Email' In '08 For Article I Wrote About Obama - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/02/28/former-newsweek-editor-robert-gibbs-sent-me-abusive-email-article-i-w#sthash.wiqk5q96.dpuf

Axelrod Disses Sperling To Downplay Woodward Dust-up - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2013/03/01/axelord-disses-sperling-downplay-woodward-dust#sthash.169Imi59.dpuf

NBC's Lauer Dismisses Woodward: 'I'm A Little Surprised You've Gone Public With This' - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2013/03/01/nbcs-lauer-dismisses-woodward-im-little-surprised-youve-gone-public#sthash.tPqfPbEl.dpuf

In Bob Woodward Dust-Up, New York Times Takes Side of White House, Not Fellow Journalist - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/clay-waters/2013/03/01/bob-woodward-dust-new-york-times-takes-side-white-house-not-fellow-jour#sthash.LoAoYYe2.dpuf

NBC's Gregory: Obama Doesn't Like Washington Press Corps, Feeling is 'Mutual' - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2013/03/01/nbcs-gregory-obama-doesnt-washington-press-corps-feeling-mutual#sthash.pFO3VNrT.dpuf

MSNBC's Morning Joe Takes The Side Of The White House Against Woodward - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-vespa/2013/03/01/msnbcs-morning-joe-take-side-white-house-against-woodward#sthash.Sx494Jpe.dpuf

Longtime Dem Lanny Davis Also Reports White House Threat - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/02/28/longtime-dem-lanny-davis-also-reports-white-house-threat#sthash.csrUAopm.dpuf

Daily Kos Explodes, Says Bob Woodward Went 'Full Breitbart' On Sequestration Reporting - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-vespa/2013/02/28/daily-kos-explodes-says-bob-woodward-went-full-breitbart-sequestration-r#sthash.ggH1bbXu.dpuf

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was listening to Mark Levin's radio show in the car yesterday. And he was cautioning his audience "don't be mislead with this current thing to be believe Woodward as a reporter is one of us".

I wish I could have gotten a line into the radio show. I wanted to ask him "since when are journalists supposed to belong to either side of this wrastlin match? Haven't you and your kind always preached that the problem IS journalists being biased?"
What a goddamned hypocrite. lol

His cool club membership was revoked... let that be a lesson to all of us that might say something neg about Dear Leader.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Bob wrote:I was listening to Mark Levin's radio show in the car yesterday. And he was cautioning his audience "don't be mislead with this current thing to be believe Woodward as a reporter is one of us".

I wish I could have gotten a line into the radio show. I wanted to ask him "since when are journalists supposed to belong to either side of this wrastlin match? Haven't you and your kind always preached that the problem IS journalists being biased?"
What a goddamned hypocrite. lol

Not sure I understand your question.

I think Levin (who I like) meant Woodward isn't a conservative. Or, did I miss something?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

VectorMan wrote:

I think Levin (who I like) meant Woodward isn't a conservative. Or, did I miss something?[/b]

What he said was and what he meant was that this journalist "is not on our side" and he's saying that like it's a bad thing.

The utter hypocrisy of that, vec, is that Levin and all his ilk have always been adamant that journalists are not supposed to be on ANYBODY'S side. That's ALWAYS been their biggest bitch of all. That the media is not supposed to be partisan. And now he's bitching because according to him Woodward is not on "his" side. lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

And what I'm trying to say is that Woodward is on WOODWARD'S side.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

I'm so glad you brought that up. Because that fact is what explodes a widely held myth. The myth being that journalists more than anything want to promote whichever political partisanship they cotton to.
Journalists are absolutely no different than any other professionals. Exactly as you say, they are promoting themselves. It just kills me how most people are so naive that they believe a journalist will not want to break a story if that story makes his own politics look bad. That journalist is primarily interested in himself, not a politician or a political position. If it promotes a Woodward's career, a Woodward will blow the whistle on Bush, on Obama or on anybody else. And it's so naive to believe he won't.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I'm so glad you brought that up. Because that fact is what explodes a widely held myth. The myth being that journalists more than anything want to promote whichever political partisanship they cotton to.
Journalists are absolutely no different than any other professionals. Exactly as you say, they are promoting themselves. It just kills me how most people are so naive that they believe a journalist will not want to break a story if that story makes his own politics look bad. That journalist is primarily interested in himself, not a politician or a political position. If it promotes a Woodward's career, a Woodward will blow the whistle on Bush, on Obama or on anybody else. And it's so naive to believe he won't.

Okay. I get you now. Your meaning.

I don't consider Levin to be a "journalist" , per se. He's a commentator with an opinion. Not necessarily a story or report. Where does the line blur? Hell if I know. But, I'll take almost all the conservative "commentators" over all the liberal reporters/repeaters.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

VectorMan wrote:
I don't consider Levin to be a "journalist" , per se. He's a commentator with an opinion. Not necessarily a story or report. Where does the line blur? Hell if I know. But, I'll take almost all the conservative "commentators" over all the liberal reporters/repeaters.[/b]

I realize Levin is a commentator and not a journalist. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of Levin's commentary.

By the way, in my opinion Levin is arguably the smartest and most knowledgable of all right-wing commentators. And definitely has a better command of language and ability to communicate than the rest. Including Krauthammer. I would not want to have to debate him.
My only beef with him is how over-the-top partisan he is. And in this one instance how hypocritical he was (which is unusual for him).

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I will add that Levin comes across as way too angry and intense with hardly any sense of humor. Because of that I'm sure he's hard to take for the average individual. Mostly would appeal only to the other hotheads and haters in his audience. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum