Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama ships jobs overseas using stimulous money...Bad Barry.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-administration-outsourced-jobs-stimulus-funding

“As long as I’m president, I will keep fighting to make sure jobs are located here in the United States of America,” said Obama.

However, Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus spending law--the $787 billion American Recovery and Reivnestment Act--gave millions of federal dollars to foreign companies or funded domestic companies that built factories in foreign countries or bought foreign products.

For example, there is the North Carolina LED manufacturer Cree Inc. Cree was awarded $39 million through a stimulus-funded tax credit program in January 2010. However, half of the company’s employees are in China and the company opened a manufacturing plant in Huizhou City, China in November 2009, according to an article in the industry publication LEDs Magazine.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-administration-outsourced-jobs-stimulus-funding

“As long as I’m president, I will keep fighting to make sure jobs are located here in the United States of America,” said Obama.

However, Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus spending law--the $787 billion American Recovery and Reivnestment Act--gave millions of federal dollars to foreign companies or funded domestic companies that built factories in foreign countries or bought foreign products.

For example, there is the North Carolina LED manufacturer Cree Inc. Cree was awarded $39 million through a stimulus-funded tax credit program in January 2010. However, half of the company’s employees are in China and the company opened a manufacturing plant in Huizhou City, China in November 2009, according to an article in the industry publication LEDs Magazine.

yep....

I really dont see how any logical person can not see this administration for anything other than what it is, A FAILURE of the highest magnitude.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Watch this video of Andrea Mitchell trying to spin this same subject. She "struggles". LOL

Romney surrogate John Sununu laughs in Andrea Mitchell’s face

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/10/video-romney-surrogate-john-sununu-laughs-in-andrea-mitchells-face/

VectorMan

VectorMan

Pelosi made up to $5 million by … offshoring?

I could have added this Matt Lewis find to my earlier post, but this deserves its own thread for a couple of reasons. One, it’s much more on point than comparisons to Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Valerie Jarrett. Two, it’s yet another reminder of the bad decision made by House Democrats after their 2010 midterm debacle:

On the heels of The Weekly Standard’s report yesterday that DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz — a vocal critic of Mitt Romney‘s investing practices, had herself dabbled in the foreign markets — we can add Nancy Pelosi to the list of prominent Democrats to profit from overseas investments.

According to Pelosi’s 2011 financial disclosure statement, the Democratic House Minority Leader received between $1 million and $5 million in partnership income from ”Matthews International Capital Management LLC,” a group that emphasizes that it has a “A Singular Focus on Investing in Asia.” A quick trip to the company website reveals a featured post extolling the virtues of outsourcing. …

Pelosi is also a small investor in the embattled “Moduslink Global,” one of the “outsourcing pioneers” that Mitt Romney has been criticized for associating with while at Bain Capital.

And thus does the “outsourcing” meme implode. This doesn’t involve an indirect investment by a retirement account, nor an ambiguous line of credit. Pelosi’s investment in offshoring is direct, substantial, purposeful — and profitable. It also shows that the leader of Congressional Democrats followed Romney’s own investment pattern, which makes it very, very difficult for Obama to demonize Romney’s investments.

As Matt notes, there is nothing wrong with investing overseas. People should put their money where they find a good return and an ethical application of business principles. For the House Minority Leader, that ethical application includes supporting jobs overseas — and that’s a defendable, rational choice for private business transactions, just as it was and is for Mitt Romney. Now, when it comes to public funds derived from a program that was sold as a means of “saving and creating” jobs here in America, well, that’s a different kettle of fish altogether. Like I said earlier, that’s a debate that the GOP will welcome.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/11/pelosi-made-up-to-5-million-by-offshoring/

VectorMan wrote:Watch this video of Andrea Mitchell trying to spin this same subject. She "struggles". LOL

Romney surrogate John Sununu laughs in Andrea Mitchell’s face

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/10/video-romney-surrogate-john-sununu-laughs-in-andrea-mitchells-face/
\

LOLOLOLOLOLOL That was great!

I expect thats about where the rest of the libs with any braincells left at all are

This can not be spun, facts are solid.

They will just ignore post with such clean cut facts on them.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

VectorMan wrote:Pelosi made up to $5 million by … offshoring?

I could have added this Matt Lewis find to my earlier post, but this deserves its own thread for a couple of reasons. One, it’s much more on point than comparisons to Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Valerie Jarrett. Two, it’s yet another reminder of the bad decision made by House Democrats after their 2010 midterm debacle:

On the heels of The Weekly Standard’s report yesterday that DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz — a vocal critic of Mitt Romney‘s investing practices, had herself dabbled in the foreign markets — we can add Nancy Pelosi to the list of prominent Democrats to profit from overseas investments.

According to Pelosi’s 2011 financial disclosure statement, the Democratic House Minority Leader received between $1 million and $5 million in partnership income from ”Matthews International Capital Management LLC,” a group that emphasizes that it has a “A Singular Focus on Investing in Asia.” A quick trip to the company website reveals a featured post extolling the virtues of outsourcing. …

Pelosi is also a small investor in the embattled “Moduslink Global,” one of the “outsourcing pioneers” that Mitt Romney has been criticized for associating with while at Bain Capital.

And thus does the “outsourcing” meme implode. This doesn’t involve an indirect investment by a retirement account, nor an ambiguous line of credit. Pelosi’s investment in offshoring is direct, substantial, purposeful — and profitable. It also shows that the leader of Congressional Democrats followed Romney’s own investment pattern, which makes it very, very difficult for Obama to demonize Romney’s investments.

As Matt notes, there is nothing wrong with investing overseas. People should put their money where they find a good return and an ethical application of business principles. For the House Minority Leader, that ethical application includes supporting jobs overseas — and that’s a defendable, rational choice for private business transactions, just as it was and is for Mitt Romney. Now, when it comes to public funds derived from a program that was sold as a means of “saving and creating” jobs here in America, well, that’s a different kettle of fish altogether. Like I said earlier, that’s a debate that the GOP will welcome.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/11/pelosi-made-up-to-5-million-by-offshoring/

Don't forget.....

Pelosi's husband also has 17 million invested with Del Monte....
In January, 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to $7.25, Pelosi
had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del Monte would not have to pay the higher wage. Del Monte has a 75% Somoan work force.

The huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an earmark to
the final bill adding $33 million dollars for an "economic development credit in American Samoa "

[quote="Joanimaroni"]
VectorMan wrote:Pelosi made up to $5 million by … offshoring?

Don't forget.....

Pelosi's husband also has 17 million invested with Del Monte....
In January, 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to $7.25, Pelosi
had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del Monte would not have to pay the higher wage. Del Monte has a 75% Somoan work force.

The huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an earmark to
the final bill adding $33 million dollars for an "economic development credit in American Samoa "

[/quote
omg I had almost forgot about that. that crap should be illegal.

dang that pisses me off.....

I think martha stewart should pull nancy polosis hair out.

I would pay to see that

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Which hair? The carpet or the drapes?

Chrissy8 wrote:dang that pisses me off.....

I would pay to see that

ghandi wrote:Which hair? The carpet or the drapes?

Chrissy8 wrote:dang that pisses me off.....

I would pay to see that

drapes, thats another carpet I really dont want to think about lol

damn you Razz

Im going to start a thread called, would you eat this. and post pics of women on it LOL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Obama ships jobs overseas using stimulous money...Bad Barry. Cannibal_Cake

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum