Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama football.........how young is too young

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/msn/alabama_offered_a_scholarship_to_an_eighth_grader/12989899

The sad thing is LSU already has tried to recruit this child.

2seaoat wrote:http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/msn/alabama_offered_a_scholarship_to_an_eighth_grader/12989899

Yep. It's sad that they would give a young dude a reason to excel, keep his nose clean, and graduate on time.

And if it was auburn being proactive and recognizing his potential, you'd be high fiveing nurses and getting an extra tapioca for your lunch tray.

Sal

Sal

Meh.

This has been going on in college basketball for some time.

Cal is putting the finishing touches on Kentucky's class of 2025 as we speak.

lol

2seaoat

And if it was auburn being proactive and recognizing his potential, you'd be high fiveing nurses and getting an extra tapioca for your lunch tray.

Auburn does not have lollipops to offer the kid......Coach Saban cornered that market and baseball cards for the spokes on the kid's bike........excellent recruiting.......the tapioca does sound very good, and I am asking the wife to pick some up today.

2seaoat wrote:And if it was auburn being proactive and recognizing his potential, you'd be high fiveing nurses and getting an extra tapioca for your lunch tray.

Auburn does not have lollipops to offer the kid......Coach Saban cornered that market and baseball cards for the spokes on the kid's bike........excellent recruiting.......the tapioca does sound very good, and I am asking the wife to pick some up today.

Get the plain tapioca...w/out raisins....they're just grapes that lacked ambition.

2seaoat

Get the plain tapioca...w/out raisins....they're just grapes that lacked ambition.

She had already left for the store and gave her cell a call asking for tapioca.....a second call asking for tapioca without raisins..........she might turn the internet off.......

2seaoat wrote:Get the plain tapioca...w/out raisins....they're just grapes that lacked ambition.

She had already left for the store and gave her cell a call asking for tapioca.....a second call asking for tapioca without raisins..........she might turn the internet off.......

LOL. I like raisins, but not in tapioca.

That line about grapes and ambition is from the film Benny and June.

Hang in there my friend....I'm looking forward to dissing you this fall while we waltz to another title...Smile

2seaoat

dissing you this fall while we waltz to another title...Smile

A three peat.......I think I will need to find a tow truck to pull the tv out of my throat.........

2seaoat wrote: dissing you this fall while we waltz to another title...Smile

A three peat.......I think I will need to find a tow truck to pull the tv out of my throat.........

Who knows...? It's definitely possible.

Tow truck...? Too bad your cat Bob isn't around to help. LOL

2seaoat wrote:http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/msn/alabama_offered_a_scholarship_to_an_eighth_grader/12989899

It is not a real schollie Seaoat nor a binding promise as NCAA schools cannot even contact kids until the end of their sophomore years in regards to this. It's HYPE and happens all the time.

2seaoat

It's HYPE and happens all the time.

Did you see the size of some of those 8th graders who were defensive backs........I could see the kid thinking....please trip......please reverse your field.......oh hell........I made the highlight film.............

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:Meh.

lol

Sal, it is my hope Calipari has some great recruits for NEXT year . . . . . we're taking a beating this year especially after losing Noel with an ACL for the year.

GO BLUE NATION!

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:

Sal, it is my hope Calipari has some great recruits for NEXT year . . . . . we're taking a beating this year especially after losing Noel with an ACL for the year.

GO BLUE NATION!

I believe we have five of the top ten prospects in the nation locked up for next year, and we're still in the hunt for the #1 prospect, so I think we're gonna be alright.

At least this year's team showed some tenacity and maturity in the second half of the Mizzou game.

If we can win the rest of the games we should win, we'll get into the tournament.

If we do that and beat Florida the last game of the season, hell, we might even get a halfway decent seeding.

I wish I hadn't played football as a kid now... at 50 I'm really beginning to feel the effects.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:I wish I hadn't played football as a kid now... at 50 I'm really beginning to feel the effects.

I know what you mean pkr . . . . . I played varsity BB and baseball . . . . . broke one ankle, sprained numerous ankles . . . . . fractured ribs . . . . head cut open from collisions . . . . . but I'd be lying if I didn't say I loved every minute of it!

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I wish I hadn't played football as a kid now... at 50 I'm really beginning to feel the effects.

I know what you mean pkr . . . . . I played varsity BB and baseball . . . . . broke one ankle, sprained numerous ankles . . . . . fractured ribs . . . . head cut open from collisions . . . . . but I'd be lying if I didn't say I loved every minute of it!

Ya... me too... lol. Atleast I was smart enough not to play in college... damn those guys are big.

2seaoat

I found the video refreshing because it reminded me of my 7th grade football team where we also had a man among boys. I played defensive end and our monster was a running back. I remember a run inside tackle which I adjusted and attempted to fill the hole when I tripped and flew head first into the gap as this man child collided with my now horizontal bullet which crashed into him and made this huge pop............the football coaches all had a collective orgasm.........who made that hit.......who made that hit.......five minutes after the hit I was still seeing stars and did not know which way was right or left......long before concussions were a concern.......nope I loved the game, but on that day I learned what it was like to get hit by a freight train. At class reunions he still talks about that hit hurting him.......as if I had a thing to do with it.......and the ironic part is he stayed 5'7 and I grew a half foot taller and almost 60lbs on him, but on that day he almost killed me, and as he tells it I almost killed him.......hell I know exactly how those defensive backs feel........

I got knocked out once catching a bad pass... came down and the guy was facemask to facemask with me... totally plowed me. I have no recollection of playing the second half or riding the bus home or going to bed... lol. We had a couple of 300 pounders on our high school team... but they weren't fast in those days. I don't think one ever hit me.

Sal

Sal

I played linebacker in high school.

I had avoided any serious injury throughout my playing days until a game of my junior year.

I made full-speed helmet to helmet contact with a receiver about 25 pounds bigger than me.

I just remember being unable to focus my eyes and a low constant humming in my ears.

No doctor, no hospital, no nothing ... they just called it "having your bell rung".

It was certainly a concussion.

I had headaches for over a week afterwards.

I'm glad that I was smart enough to quit shortly thereafter.

2seaoat

In 1970 we did not have one player who weighed more than 200 lbs. I was 195 my senior year. The idea of 8th graders weighing 225 and running like that kid.......completely alien to my time in sports. I dunked a basketball for the first time my junior year in high school, yet my son who is two inches shorter than me was dunking his eighth grade summer. We may be more obese as a society, but some of the kids are remarkable in what they can do at an age which was unheard of when I was a kid.

lol

They suck this year.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

lol

They suck this year.

By Kentucky's standards, yes, ... yes they do.

Compared to 95% of other school's basketball programs, they're having a good season.

That's just how we roll.

Sal wrote:

Compared to 95% of other school's basketball programs, they're having a good season.

That's just how we roll.

Who is "WE"? Is there a mouse in your pocket or something?

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:

That's just how we roll.

Who is "WE"? Is there a mouse in your pocket or something?

Big Blue Nation, nimrod.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum