Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama – The Campaign Guy

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 10:33 am

While Repubs can take a bunch of blame for the impending sequestration so can the Dems and Obama. If BHO would quit his phony road show and spend some time holding serious talks perhaps things could be worked out. But he is taking his usual approach – dodging responsibility on his latest campaign trail by continuously pointing the finger across the aisle instead of trying to find some compromise. As Congresswoman Rodgers said in the linked article: "The Republicans, almost 300 days ago, put forward our place to replace these cuts with smarter reforms, smarter cuts," she said before adding, "What we need is for the president to get off the campaign trail, [and to] quit talking about cutting taxes."

I agree.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57571266/gop-take-aim-at-obama-for-nonstop-campaigning-on-sequester/

2Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 10:44 am

nochain wrote:While Repubs can take a bunch of blame for the impending sequestration so can the Dems and Obama. If BHO would quit his phony road show and spend some time holding serious talks perhaps things could be worked out. But he is taking his usual approach – dodging responsibility on his latest campaign trail by continuously pointing the finger across the aisle instead of trying to find some compromise. As Congresswoman Rodgers said in the linked article: "The Republicans, almost 300 days ago, put forward our place to replace these cuts with smarter reforms, smarter cuts," she said before adding, "What we need is for the president to get off the campaign trail, [and to] quit talking about cutting taxes."

I agree.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57571266/gop-take-aim-at-obama-for-nonstop-campaigning-on-sequester/

WHEW!.....reported that the paycheck of the cowh is safe........

3Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 11:40 am

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:While Repubs can take a bunch of blame for the impending sequestration so can the Dems and Obama. If BHO would quit his phony road show and spend some time holding serious talks perhaps things could be worked out. But he is taking his usual approach – dodging responsibility on his latest campaign trail by continuously pointing the finger across the aisle instead of trying to find some compromise. As Congresswoman Rodgers said in the linked article: "The Republicans, almost 300 days ago, put forward our place to replace these cuts with smarter reforms, smarter cuts," she said before adding, "What we need is for the president to get off the campaign trail, [and to] quit talking about cutting taxes."

I agree.

With whom exactly should Obama be negotiating?

Boehner has no power whatsoever to deliver votes from the teahadists holding the Republican party hostage.

So what's to negotiate?

The sequester is going to happen, and people will see the pain inflicted.

Good for Obama for taking the issue around the impediment and directly to the people.

We deserve to see the coming attractions and who's responsible for them.

4Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 11:54 am

Sal wrote:

I agree.

With whom exactly should Obama be negotiating?

Boehner has no power whatsoever to deliver votes from the teahadists holding the Republican party hostage.

So what's to negotiate?

The sequester is going to happen, and people will see the pain inflicted.

Good for Obama for taking the issue around the impediment and directly to the people.

We deserve to see the coming attractions and who's responsible for them.

Absolutely.

Never make anything an ultimatum if you don't already know the answer, and be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.

5Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 12:15 pm

The usual suspects leap to BHOs defense - what is so wrong about R's wanting spending cuts to offset additional debt? Nothing except the lowest hanging fruit happens to be BHOs beloved entitlement programs (you know - the programs that fund his voter base). Cut the incredibly wasteful F-35 program but also do away with or reduce wasteful entitlement programs, increase efforts to eliminate medicare fraud, close tax loopholes, eliminate subsidies to farm corporations and oil companies, stop funding ethanol, quit passing out funds to doomed to fail green company efforts, the list goes on but nobody wants to make the hard decisions. Get out of Afghanistan NOW. While I suggest a bipartisan approach and stated R's are also to blame for the current mess you PARTISAN HACKS insist it's all one party causing the problem. How childish.

You hacks want to know who BHO is supposed to talk to? I always thought the job of the "President" was to negotiate with Congress but he has already stated he will not negotiate. "President Barack Obama on Monday rejected any negotiation with Republicans over the most pressing U.S. fiscal issue, refusing to trade cuts in government spending in exchange for raising the borrowing limit." http://www.cnbc.com/id/100378074/UPDATE_3Obama_refuses_to_negotiate_debt_ceiling_raise

And don't forget to hit me with another "negative vote" WTM, you seem particularly obsessed with your little games. LOL.

6Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 12:22 pm

cool1

cool1

why doesnt Obama do something if he doesnt like his own idea -dont cry wolf now if ya dont like it you shouldnt have brought it up to be voted on Laughing -----so now its going to happen and he complains the world is going to end Rolling Eyes -------------not No -----the buck stops here Laughing

7Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 12:39 pm

Sal

Sal

Boehner would strike a deal if he could, but he has no room to maneuver and no control over his caucus.

The Republicans can preen and posture all they want about how it's all Obama's idea, or about how he's campaigning instead of negotiating, or about any other bullshit they can spin.

The fact is that people aren't really paying close attention right now.

Thanks to the Republicans insisting upon putting us in these types of situations repeatedly, the people have fiscal crisis fatigue.

For the most part, people are hearing Obama saying the sequester is a bad idea, but they figure we will go right to the edge of the cliff and some sort of compromise will be produced at the last second like all of the other times.

Not going to happen this time.

Sequestration will happen ...

and there will be pain ...

and people will be seriously pissed ...

and the Republicans will get the blame.

That's how it's going to go down.

Boehner knows this ...

Obama know this ...

... the only ones who are too stupid to know this are the teahadist lunatics in the House who are intent on burning everything to the ground.

Their wake-up call will be coming in 2014, when it's time to pay the piper.

8Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 12:42 pm

Sal wrote:B

Their wake-up call will be coming in 2014, when it's time to pay the piper.

I don't even care what happens in 2014 except that I would like to see ANYONE holding office now voted out the door for sheer incompetence.

9Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 12:43 pm

cool1 wrote:why doesnt Obama do something if he doesnt like his own idea -dont cry wolf now if ya dont like it you shouldnt have brought it up to be voted on Laughing -----so now its going to happen and he complains the world is going to end Rolling Eyes -------------not No -----the buck stops here Laughing

WH Spokesman Carney has admitted these cuts were the idea of the cowh/administration to use as leverage to negotiate prior to the final date of March 1st...And yet there are some that attempt to blame others for the actions/policies of this administration...In 2011 the cowh stated he would veto any attempt to change anything from keeping these cuts take effect..His own words aren't enough to hold him responsible/accountable...Not a Boehner supporter...but in this case he's correct...this is the mess of the cowh and he alone will have to decide whether or not to negotiate to keep these cuts from happening...OR maybe this is simply another clever attempt to undermine the cowh from...George W Bush...

10Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 12:50 pm

Sal

Sal

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Boehner has not resigned the speakership.

He has no control over his caucus, and he just looks weak and pathetic.

Why not hand the leash over to Cantor and let him try to control the rabid dog he helped create?

Maybe he's some sort of masochist.

It would explain all the weeping.

11Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 12:56 pm

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:
WH Spokesman Carney has admitted these cuts were the idea of the cowh/administration to use as leverage to negotiate prior to the final date of March 1st...And yet there are some that attempt to blame others for the actions/policies of this administration...In 2011 the cowh stated he would veto any attempt to change anything from keeping these cuts take effect..His own words aren't enough to hold him responsible/accountable...Not a Boehner supporter...but in this case he's correct...this is the mess of the cowh and he alone will have to decide whether or not to negotiate to keep these cuts from happening...OR maybe this is simply another clever attempt to undermine the cowh from...George W Bush...

Nice try.

Won't work tho.

Everyone knows which side keeps taking the American economy hostage.

Sequestration was put into place to placate the crazies in hopes that they'd be more open to negotiations in the future.

But, you can't negotiate with crazy.

Spin, deflect, and posture all you want.

The blame for this will be placed squarely where it belongs.

12Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 1:06 pm

cool1

cool1

Obama owns this one ---He knows it , everybody knows it , The people arent going to blame Republicans when we know it was Obamas Idea Rolling Eyes

you can spinn it anyway you want it Obama----The people know the truth!

13Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 1:09 pm

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:Obama owns this one ---He knows it , everybody knows it , The people arent going to blame Republicans when we know it was Obamas Idea Rolling Eyes

Do you get your political predictions from PeeDog?

lmao

14Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 1:25 pm

From the editorial board of the Washington Post - they nailed it:

"In the petty arguments over this self-inflicted wound, there are merits, or demerits, on both sides. The Republicans are right when they say that the sequester was Mr. Obama’s idea, in the summer of 2011, and that he agreed to a deal that was all spending cuts, no tax hikes. He is correct that he hoped the sequester would never go into effect but would be replaced by a 10-year bargain that would raise revenue and slow the growth of entitlement costs. He is correct, too, on the larger point: Such a deal is what’s needed, and the Republicans are wrong to resist further revenue hikes.

But if that’s what’s needed, why is Mr. Obama not leading the way to a solution? From the start, and increasingly in his second term, Mr. Obama has presented entitlement reform as something he would do grudgingly, as a favor to the opposition, when he should be explaining to the American people — and to his party — why it is an urgent national need."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/sequester-offers-president-obama-a-time-to-lead/2013/02/25/8a9b0e04-7f64-11e2-b99e-6baf4ebe42df_story.html

15Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 1:36 pm

cool1

cool1

nochain wrote:From the editorial board of the Washington Post - they nailed it:

"In the petty arguments over this self-inflicted wound, there are merits, or demerits, on both sides. The Republicans are right when they say that the sequester was Mr. Obama’s idea, in the summer of 2011, and that he agreed to a deal that was all spending cuts, no tax hikes. He is correct that he hoped the sequester would never go into effect but would be replaced by a 10-year bargain that would raise revenue and slow the growth of entitlement costs. He is correct, too, on the larger point: Such a deal is what’s needed, and the Republicans are wrong to resist further revenue hikes.

But if that’s what’s needed, why is Mr. Obama not leading the way to a solution? From the start, and increasingly in his second term, Mr. Obama has presented entitlement reform as something he would do grudgingly, as a favor to the opposition, when he should be explaining to the American people — and to his party — why it is an urgent national need."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/sequester-offers-president-obama-a-time-to-lead/2013/02/25/8a9b0e04-7f64-11e2-b99e-6baf4ebe42df_story.html

EXACTLY!-----!

16Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 1:43 pm

cool1

cool1

Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:Obama owns this one ---He knows it , everybody knows it , The people arent going to blame Republicans when we know it was Obamas Idea Rolling Eyes

Do you get your political predictions from PeeDog?

lmao

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------heehee I dont predict--I know LOL--I listen to no one ,I have no leader at this time !

17Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 1:52 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Obama has had his back to the wall since the beginning of his presidency. And, yes, it WAS BUSH'S FAULT. The R's don't want to give an inch on tax benefits for the wealthy or government pork for the biggest corporations. The sequester was a stopgap measure to keep the R's from trashing the small economic recovery...and make no bones about it...that is their plan...and the only reason they're doing it is to turn public sentiment against him. It's not going to work this time. Also, it's NOT a foregone conclusion that we need to cut entitlements or SS. That is bunk. It would be nice, however, to see more prosecutions for Medicaid and Medicare fraud, such as that perpetrated by our illustrious governor...who has now decided to TAKE the federal funding for those programs...a reversal of his previous position. I'm sure he sees the handwriting on the wall.

18Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 2:14 pm

nochain wrote:The usual suspects leap to BHOs defense - what is so wrong about R's wanting spending cuts to offset additional debt? Nothing except the lowest hanging fruit happens to be BHOs beloved entitlement programs (you know - the programs that fund his voter base). Cut the incredibly wasteful F-35 program but also do away with or reduce wasteful entitlement programs, increase efforts to eliminate medicare fraud, close tax loopholes, eliminate subsidies to farm corporations and oil companies, stop funding ethanol, quit passing out funds to doomed to fail green company efforts, the list goes on but nobody wants to make the hard decisions. Get out of Afghanistan NOW. While I suggest a bipartisan approach and stated R's are also to blame for the current mess you PARTISAN HACKS insist it's all one party causing the problem. How childish.

You hacks want to know who BHO is supposed to talk to? I always thought the job of the "President" was to negotiate with Congress but he has already stated he will not negotiate. "President Barack Obama on Monday rejected any negotiation with Republicans over the most pressing U.S. fiscal issue, refusing to trade cuts in government spending in exchange for raising the borrowing limit." http://www.cnbc.com/id/100378074/UPDATE_3Obama_refuses_to_negotiate_debt_ceiling_raise

And don't forget to hit me with another "negative vote" WTM, you seem particularly obsessed with your little games. LOL.

You are the expert on childish. See if the teacher will help you find another cartoon to deflect reality.

The rating system is a joke, and I'll keep gaming it just like your buddies who have given me negatives for saying I gave someone a positive.

Your peeps are soooo funny like that, with their little games.

I gave you a positive for your negative.

19Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 2:50 pm

Sal

Sal

The funny thing is that the Republicans seem to think they can win the blame game on sequestration even though it's every wingnut's wet-dream.

The cognitive dissonance is thick with that crowd.

20Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 2:52 pm

Sal wrote:The funny thing is that the Republicans seem to think they can win the blame game on sequestration even though it's every wingnut's wet-dream.

The cognitive dissonance is thick with that crowd.

Both sides are playing the blame game, not just the R's. At the end of the day there are no "winners". I just hope the voters remember this crap shoot at the polls. FUBAR.

21Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 2:56 pm

2seaoat

I just hope the voters remember this crap shoot at the polls. FUBAR.

They will in the safe districts which have military bases who have been whacked........there are going to be a flurry of primary challengers in the next four years as the results of these brutal cutbacks.....and more to come in the nature of political retribution at the hands of Mr. Hegel.....bet on it.

22Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 5:08 pm

cool1 wrote:why doesnt Obama do something if he doesnt like his own idea -dont cry wolf now if ya dont like it you shouldnt have brought it up to be voted on Laughing -----so now its going to happen and he complains the world is going to end Rolling Eyes -------------not No -----the buck stops here Laughing

Obama – The Campaign Guy Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAn9Vjl8TR1uSj_PmRvvZcDR2prijf4fnHGsvJqqD3eDRL0Rob

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG4OMNR5vD4

Cool

23Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 5:12 pm

nochain wrote:From the editorial board of the Washington Post - they nailed it:

Obama – The Campaign Guy Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-awa9dFURSNiVXnNTwOEsu7MZ47sLev1pV6j6ymMzNmwZDE5L

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JynwVKXzc9s

Smile

24Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 5:18 pm

Anyone that thinks Obama or the leftists will accept any blame haven't been paying attention.

And anyone referring to a 2% cut in projected spending a "brutal cutback" has lost all rational thought process.

The retribution and inflicting deliberate needless harm the Chicago way would be a huge mistake... even for Noblameo Obama.

25Obama – The Campaign Guy Empty Re: Obama – The Campaign Guy 2/26/2013, 6:17 pm

PkrBum wrote:Anyone that thinks Obama or the leftists will accept any blame haven't been paying attention.

And anyone referring to a 2% cut in projected spending a "brutal cutback" has lost all rational thought process.

The retribution and inflicting deliberate needless harm the Chicago way would be a huge mistake... even for Noblameo Obama.

Obama – The Campaign Guy Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ38DodI-exfp7IC7H0FyR6l-Bu6kzmdkgK1pHR3k6NMme3okA4

Chicago politics.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqKPWO5T4o

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum