Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bin Laden donated to Obama campaign??? Really????

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obama-accepts-osama-bin-laden-donations/

Unbelievable...well considering Obama...not really. He is a traitorous scumbag.

I figured they make a bigger story out of this. he is out right collecting funds frmo overseas peeps, and has a paid bundler who lives in china helping him.

boards of FL

boards of FL

One $15 donation was made at BarackObama.com using a confirmed Pakistani IP address and proxy server. In other words, as far as the campaign website was concerned, the donation was openly identified electronically as coming from Pakistan.

Yes. Well, except that it wasn't.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

The apparently foreign-based contributions were conducted as a test after a flurry of media reports described the ability of foreigners to donate to the Obama campaign but not to Mitt Romney’s site, which has placed safeguards against such efforts.

The acceptance of foreign contributions is strictly illegal under U.S. campaign finance law.

Come on you guys. I don't like Obama one teensy lil bit either, but this is reaching. Just think about it...

First, LOTS of people use proxies and VPNs for LOTS of different reasons and that is NOT a valid way to determine who's an American citizen or where they are in the world since it could be someone who is temporarily abroad. Same goes for the credit card name and address. It is standard for all variety of databases to use the zip code as the pointer to "look up" a person's whereabouts instead of the city field because... well, people are human and we make typos. How many times, when you have called a service provider, have you been told, "All I need is your zip code, ma'am," instead of trying to spell and look up your city and state?

It would not surprise me one teensy bit if all that was "read" about the incoming donations were that they originated from Pasadena, California. Why would they even care or look at the name from such a small donation?? They MIGHT send a "thank you" form letter to a non-existant address in Pasadena.

"The information submitted was: “Osama bin Laden, 911 Jihad Way, Abbottabad, CA 91101.” That's Pasadena.

I don't even know that I would say that there has been an oversight in blocking "foreign" donations... As mentioned above, lots of Americans work abroad. I'm no expert in campaign finance law, but I seriously doubt that we are precluded from making campaign contributions when we're working abroad.

Let's find something legit to pick on these losers about. I'll be all over it like white on rice. Tee hee.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

riceme wrote:Come on you guys. I don't like Obama one teensy lil bit either, but this is reaching. Just think about it...

First, LOTS of people use proxies and VPNs for LOTS of different reasons and that is NOT a valid way to determine who's an American citizen or where they are in the world since it could be someone who is temporarily abroad. Same goes for the credit card name and address. It is standard for all variety of databases to use the zip code as the pointer to "look up" a person's whereabouts instead of the city field because... well, people are human and we make typos. How many times, when you have called a service provider, have you been told, "All I need is your zip code, ma'am," instead of trying to spell and look up your city and state?

It would not surprise me one teensy bit if all that was "read" about the incoming donations were that they originated from Pasadena, California. Why would they even care or look at the name from such a small donation?? They MIGHT send a "thank you" form letter to a non-existant address in Pasadena.

"The information submitted was: “Osama bin Laden, 911 Jihad Way, Abbottabad, CA 91101.” That's Pasadena.

I don't even know that I would say that there has been an oversight in blocking "foreign" donations... As mentioned above, lots of Americans work abroad. I'm no expert in campaign finance law, but I seriously doubt that we are precluded from making campaign contributions when we're working abroad.

Let's find something legit to pick on these losers about. I'll be all over it like white on rice. Tee hee.

Quit being so logical, Riceme. At least this story didn't originate from The Blaze.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Quit being so logical, Riceme. At least this story didn't originate from The Blaze.

I actually think WND is worse. That is basically birther central.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Quit being so logical, Riceme. At least this story didn't originate from The Blaze.

I honestly don't care who printed it... this could have come from Christian Science Monitor (love the paper, sooo dislike the religion) and I still would have called BS.

While I am sometimes at fault for this myself, it bothers me when people don't take a step back, take a breath, remove the emotion from the subject and apply logic to whatever they've just read, seen or heard on the news... THEN post. Shocked

I have been extremely upset about the whole Benghazi debacle and have watched a whole bunch of interviews with his father, but I cannot remove the emotion from the subject because I am incapable of NOT imagining Tyrone Woods as being my brother. I don't like it when I am not cable of thinking logically and rationally about an issue, and when that happens, I generally try to stay away from posting on the subject. I distrust my government with all of my heart and soul, but have to hope that the truth will rise up and be made known to the families of the fallen Americans and the American people.

I know, long answer to short comment. Too much coffee. bounce

Nekochan

Nekochan

In the last debate, didn't the moderator call Obama "Osama"? Seems I remember something like that. LOL.

I agree with Riceme that I wouldn't put too much weight on this story. I think there are bigger real news stories out there.

Nekochan wrote:In the last debate, didn't the moderator call Obama "Osama"? Seems I remember something like that. LOL.

I agree with Riceme that I wouldn't put too much weight on this story. I think there are bigger real news stories out there.

Holy smokes, is that true?? I am too cheap to pay for cable (and 99.9% of it is crap), and typically read the transcripts at some point after the fact. The downside is that there are places in the transcripts that often say something to the effect of, "Talking over each other" or "Background noise," so there are some things that I miss... Well, maybe not, actually, since my hearing is so bad.

Nekochan

Nekochan

OK, I looked it up. I got it backwards. He called Osama Bin Laden "Obama bin Laden"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXaoZU_kpGg

Nekochan wrote:OK, I looked it up. I got it backwards. He called Osama Bin Laden "Obama bin Laden"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXaoZU_kpGg

Oh yes, I remember reading that and thought it was doubly bad, as it had seemed that he had caught his mistake, then said it again: "...Obama bin Laden..... uhhhhh, Obama bin Laden..."

I seem to recall a similar episode from a newscaster live from the WH while we were waiting for Obama to announce that Osama bin Laden had been killed.

He certainly has a very unfortunate name in the sense that it is so close to "Osama."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum