Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I invite you to join my conversation with Jeff Miller on Facebook.

+3
no stress
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

https://www.facebook.com/RepJeffMiller/posts/10151501866461672?comment_id=27774399

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I would join the conversation, Bob, but I can't think of anything to say to Jeff Miller that wouldn't have to be censored.

no stress

no stress

Kudos! Wonderful letter you wrote to Mr. Miller. You should copy it and post it here Bob.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I agree with Gunz--that was a very good letter, Bob. I also respect Congressman Miller's reply.

Government spending must be slashed. It has to come from all points of the compass, to include defense, entitlements, and everywhere else.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I agree with Gunz--that was a very good letter, Bob. I also respect Congressman Miller's reply.

Government spending must be slashed. It has to come from all points of the compass, to include defense, entitlements, and everywhere else.

In bold is the areas that Obama and the Dems refuse to cut and that is the problem.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Government spending must be slashed. It has to come from all points of the compass, to include defense, entitlements, and everywhere else.[/color]

But we must also face the other fact. That to "slash" the federal spending will also come with a lot of sacrifice. A lot of people losing jobs. Which would put us back into an economic recession. Which could easily lead to even more and more job loss and more and more sacrifice.

We've created a situation which is analogous to the predicament of a cancer patient. The "cure" (chemotherapy) he needs to keep him alive, will itself cause him a lot of suffering.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Government spending must be slashed. It has to come from all points of the compass, to include defense, entitlements, and everywhere else.[/color]

In bold is the areas that Obama and the Dems refuse to cut and that is the problem.

Use that facebook conversation to pose this question to the Congressman...

"Congressman Miller, we all know that 'entitlement' spending is out of control. So what specific cuts in medicare and medicaid and social security would you advocate?"

See if you can get a straight answer to that question from even a "Republican" congressman. I'm not saying you can't because I don't know. But the only way to find out is to ask him.

Bob wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

But we must also face the other fact. That to "slash" the federal spending will also come with a lot of sacrifice. A lot of people losing jobs. Which would put us back into an economic recession. Which could easily lead to even more and more job loss and more and more sacrifice.

We've created a situation which is analogous to the predicament of a cancer patient. The "cure" (chemotherapy) he needs to keep him alive, will itself cause him a lot of suffering.

We've never even began to take any medicine of any amount and that is the issue.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

We've never even began to take any medicine of any amount and that is the issue.

Obviously we haven't. That's absolutely right.
But you need to understand the reason why we have not done that. It's because no one wants HIS ox gored. No one wants to be THE ONE layed off when we make those cuts. No one wants to be the one who has HIS "entitlement" benefit cut.
And all of us who don't want to be the ones to make the sacrifice are also voters. And the politicians do what voters want them to do (and don't do what voters do not want them to do). That's how politicians keep their jobs.

Miller knows all this as much as anyone does. That's why it will be interesting to see him squirm when asked that question. He will squirm because he knows it will be those voters reading his answer. The same ones who don't want THEMSELVES to become the sacrific'ees. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

So what specific cuts in medicare and medicaid and social security would you advocate?

I am an older Baby Boomer and I am under no illusions about the future of Social Security and Medicare. Younger generations have given up on this entitlement, even though they are now paying into it. Baby Boomers should be wary about the future of their Social Security. It is not a sure thing.

There is no political will to make any more changes to the system, and the current course for SS/Medicare is not sustainable. The SS "Trust Fund" only has trust over a bunch of IOUs which must be monetized by further borrowing or increased taxation. Neither of those is tenable under the current politrical/economic climate. Therefore the entire system is headed for a 3,000 foot cliff--in our (Boomers) lifetimes. We'll know how far the fall will be within 10 years.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Sequestration in this area will be brutal. The problem is that we have folks who are making political decisions on the economy who do not understand basis economics 101. We must make long term economic decisions. We must make long term cuts in government spending, but this is the part that simply goes without saying in understanding economics..........for every dollar cut in government spending, we should be stimulating private sector job creation and support for private industry with tax credits for job creation in the private sector. This idiotic concept of just cutting government spending like this is isolated from our overall economy is where the small bus crowd cannot have their simplistic economic answers throw the nation into a recessionary spiral which will cost the government more money and send us to the threshold of economic despair..........first, our nation is strong and our economy is improving. Second, we can survive sequestration, but where is the jobs bill and incentives for creation of american jobs, and third Social Security is fine, and only needs minor adjustments over the next 30 years, and medicare is one simple national sales tax away from being solvent and all encompassing.

Mr. Miller does not appear to understand Economics 101. Half the equation never can solve the problem. We need government spending cuts, but the most important component which is missing is recovery of our 50k factories and American jobs in the private sector.......and that is what is missing in American politics.............

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote: https://www.facebook.com/RepJeffMiller/posts/10151501866461672?comment_id=27774399

Verygood, Bob, I'm surprised you got an answer from him.I equate talking to Jeff Miller with having a conversation with a pit viper.

Viper: Lets talk about it.
Bob: But I'm afraid, after all, you are a poisonous snake.
Viper: Don't worry, I won't bite you.
Bob: Hey, you just bit me!
Viper: well, I AM a snake.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Sequestration in this area will be brutal. The problem is that we have folks who are making political decisions on the economy who do not understand basis economics 101. We must make long term economic decisions. We must make long term cuts in government spending, but this is the part that simply goes without saying in understanding economics..........for every dollar cut in government spending, we should be stimulating private sector job creation and support for private industry with tax credits for job creation in the private sector. This idiotic concept of just cutting government spending like this is isolated from our overall economy is where the small bus crowd cannot have their simplistic economic answers throw the nation into a recessionary spiral which will cost the government more money and send us to the threshold of economic despair..........first, our nation is strong and our economy is improving. Second, we can survive sequestration, but where is the jobs bill and incentives for creation of american jobs, and third Social Security is fine, and only needs minor adjustments over the next 30 years, and medicare is one simple national sales tax away from being solvent and all encompassing.

Mr. Miller does not appear to understand Economics 101. Half the equation never can solve the problem. We need government spending cuts, but the most important component which is missing is recovery of our 50k factories and American jobs in the private sector.......and that is what is missing in American politics.............

Contractionary policy is contractionary.

Expansionary policy is expansionary.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I ran Sal's post through the babelfish translator and it came out...

"The federal government should keep borrowing and spending because that borrowing and spending will stimulate the economy and cause it to recover. And once the economy recovers, that will provide the revenues the government needs".

2seaoat

We will never constrict ourselves to prosperity, but constriction of government spending and expansion of private sector job creation is the only formula for long term success.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I ran Sal's post through the babelfish translator and it came out...

"The federal government should keep borrowing and spending because that borrowing and spending will stimulate the economy and cause it to recover. And once the economy recovers, that will provide the revenues the government needs".

What do you think quantitative easing is?

It's a highly inefficient way of going about it, but it's magical money making.

We just shouldn't give it to the banks.

Our entire financial system has been proven to be FUBAR, so the better way would be to give people free money and federally finance massive infrastructure improvements.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Our entire financial system has been proven to be FUBAR, so the better way would be to give people free money and federally finance massive infrastructure improvements.[/font]
It's all so fundamentally and totally different from how I've always conducted my own finances that I'll never be the one to understand it.

Last edited by Bob on 2/25/2013, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
It's all to fundamentally and totally different from how I've always conducted my own finances

Yes, it is.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Yes, it is.

But the question to ask is, which finances are in better condition? Mine? Or it's?

And the answer to that is simple. lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

Our entire financial system has been proven to be FUBAR, so the better way would be to give people free money and federally finance massive infrastructure improvements.[/font]
It's all so fundamentally and totally different from how I've always conducted my own finances that I'll never be the one to understand it.

That's because you don't have the capability to print your own money.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

That's because you don't have the capability to print your own money.

And, also because you don't have entities falling all over themselves to lend you as much money as you want at 0% interest.

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

Yes, it is.

But the question to ask is, which finances are in better condition? Mine? Or it's?

And the answer to that is simple. lol

its noticed they completly disregarded this comment. This comment here says it all.

im going to go out on a limb and say your finances are in better shape than the govs, knowing how bad the govs is.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sage wrote:

its noticed they completly disregarded this comment. This comment here says it all.

im going to go out on a limb and say your finances are in better shape than the govs, knowing how bad the govs is.
That's a very sturdy limb to go out on. You could line up a hundred private citizens and a hundred governments, and I'll put my finances up against any of them. The only person I've ever heard of who gets more bang for buck out of his finances is my picker partner. But he's the world champeen at it so I don't mind being the world runner-up.
If you put him in charge of the government finances he could both reduce taxes and have a budget surplus inside of a month. lol

Bob wrote:
Sage wrote:

That's a very sturdy limb to go out on. You could line up a hundred private citizens and a hundred governments, and I'll put my finances up against any of them. The only person I've ever heard of who gets more bang for buck out of his finances is my picker partner. But he's the world champeen at it so I don't mind being the world runner-up.
If you put him in charge of the government finances he could both reduce taxes and have a budget surplus inside of a month. lol

perhaps youve come upon part of the problem. most of these people elected are so rich, they dont know how to manage finances and make cuts and learn to understand keeping only things you need like us and getting rid of all the bull shit. they are all lawyers.

maybe we do need some people up there who has some common sense.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My gross annual income is about $24k. And out of that I pay about $6500/year for health insurance and all the medical expenses the health policy doesn't pay for (which is literally ALL of the medical expenses). Out of that, I take vacation trips to Hawaii and San Francisco and DC and Key West and Orlando and I'm about to take another one to New York and Boston. I eat (and drink) good and have a nice roof over my head and clothes to wear and a nice car to drive. And in doing so I never roll over a credit card balance (god forbid) or incur any other debt.

Let's see those fuckers in Washington get that our of your tax dollars and all that money they borrow from the chinamen.

and p.s. to Sal. I don't want or need anyone to loan me money at 0% interest. I have a better deal than that. The credit card company pays me 1.5% BACK on every dime I spend. So not only do I not have to pay any interest to borrow that money, I GET PAID fucking interest to let them loan me that money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum