Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://healthland.time.com/2013/02/20/bitter-pill-why-medical-bills-are-killing-us/?hpt=he_c1

This is a very long article, but I read all 11 pages with fascination today. It explains how all of us are being corn-holed deeply up the poop-chute by the medical industry, and how it will continue even under the auspices of Obamacare/ACA.

After reading this article, I have come to the assumption that Jack Kevorkian was a forward-thinker and a man of solutions; as his route should be a way out for those who would rather die than become a victim of our healthcare industry.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://healthland.time.com/2013/02/20/bitter-pill-why-medical-bills-are-killing-us/?hpt=he_c1

This is a very long article, but I read all 11 pages with fascination today. It explains how all of us are being corn-holed deeply up the poop-chute by the medical industry, and how it will continue even under the auspices of Obamacare/ACA.

After reading this article, I have come to the assumption that Jack Kevorkian was a forward-thinker and a man of solutions; as his route should be a way out for those who would rather die than become a victim of our healthcare industry.

I just don't understand how the prices of medical care continue to skyrocket when everything else does the opposite- wages etc. And you are correct, Obamacare is going to do nothing to help the situation.

knothead

knothead

I can't recall the book or article so I cannot provide a link but I listened to an in depth discussion of how the hospitals in particular charge as much as a 10,000% markup on items that basically are overlooked by us as consumers. There is no oversight whatsoever serving as a watchdog to out these practices and until some controls are in place they will continue to rape the insurance companies and the consumers.

EDIT: I posted before reading the link and this is the article I was referencing so my apologies . . . . . my bad, lol

You know I have tried to explain this a million times here.

The reason a hospitals list fees are so high is becuase they have to have them that way to make up for the low amount medicare and medicaide does pay them.

Because with private insurance contract you may get paid a certain percentage of what your LIST cost is.

This system keeps the LIST cost going up to extract more money from private insurers to pay for the gov gaps. This in turn causes the cost of private insurance to go up.

Its a never ending spiral.

You can thank gov intereference for this mess. And dont expect it to get any better under obamacare. None of these issues were addressed. Matter of a fact obamacare is the best thing to happen to private insurance providers in a long time.

hell even our state medicaid program is about to become run by a private insurance provider.

PS: there is a cash discount.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum