Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

20 things I never throw away...I got this chick beat I hardly throw anything away.......

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://thesurvivalmom.com/2013/01/22/20-things-i-never-throw-away/

Everything has a purpose—sometimes two or three of them! For most seasoned Survival Moms, some of these “reuse” ideas are already habit. But for those of us fairly new to frugal motherhood or the Survival Mom lifestyle, here are 20 things I never throw away:

For Storage:

2-liter bottles, gallon vinegar jugs, etc.—Use to store water (room temperature or frozen). Be sure to date and rotate every six months.

Huge coffee containers—I refill with whatever needs to be moved into rotation: brown sugar, instant oats, flour, powdered milk. These fit into my everyday pantry a lot easier than 5-gallon buckets. I can also fit about a dozen Ramen Noodle packages into one to make them less accessible for my tiny, four-legged nemeses.
cardboard box 20 Things I never throw away

image by tew

Plastic peanut butter jars—The large ones can nicely fit a couple of bags of split peas, chick peas, or other bean varieties I don’t usually buy in bulk. Or, if I’m moving longer-term food into rotation, these are perfect (and I can see what’s in them). Also great for storing treats like dehydrated corn (which the kids eat like candy!), venison jerky, chunks of rock candy, or opened pretzels. I hate when that half-eaten bag goes stale!

Plastic food tubs—Perfect for leftovers—especially ones I’m sending home with guests. I also use the tiny sour cream tubs to store homemade lotions and my fledgling attempts at homemade yogurt. They’re also nice for dividing up paint and paste for craft project because tossing them is cleanup.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

damn makes me lonesome for a talented survival woman...damn, maybe take out an add in the thrifty nickel for one......

Sad

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum