Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat

+7
ZVUGKTUBM
no stress
gulfbeachbandit
Nekochan
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 4:51 pm

this is bad.

I hope all the feminist are happy.

I may be a lesbian, but im not a feminist. Neutral

52BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 4:54 pm

Ghandi wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Ghandi wrote:
W_T_M wrote:I found your parking spot...

BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 HandicapLine_zps813654ff

Must be a private joke. Anyone else get it?

He's just making fun of the handicapped....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Nope. I'm making fun of ghandi.

Retard.

FYI....my wife and myself are both handicap qualified, and we chose to not take advantage our disability.

Out of the two of us, only one is handicapped. You. So how is a pic of a handicapped parking spot making fun of me?
You ain't very bright, are you?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Smart enough to realize you have a serious mental handicap.

Retard.

53BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 6:44 pm

2seaoat wrote:This is one of the saddest days in our history.

This was said in the Civil War when the Union gave former black slaves guns. This was said in the Truman administration when Blacks were given equality in the military......they did not have the prerequisite skills......this was said in the 90s, when we talked about do not ask and do not tell. Been there and done that .......so many....many.....times. First, contrary to most posts which misinterpreted what the exceptions mean.......there are certain units and jobs which will remain off limits and are excepted from the new rules of equal opportunity. This means that of the 100k plus combat jobs, maybe only 60% will be available to woman.....but in those 60% we will be getting the most qualified people for the job, and not creating an artificial barrier based on race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or sex. If combat positions open up, woman will have better opportunities to advance to higher levels based on their total capabilities....not necessarily their ability to lift a certain amount of weight. I firmly believe that the standards should remain in place and anybody who cannot meet those standards and those standards are logical and necessary, should not get the job because somebody made the conditions and restrictions easier.....nope.....just fair equal opportunity to perform and prove one's capabilities.

The problem is in the Devil of the details. Physical standards WILL have to be lowered for enough women to enter these fields. The old slave or African American analogy doesn't fit the mold here.

On a forced march we once did in Okinawa from Schwab to Hansen and back (which is a marathon in distance), we actually had a male who fell out and could not hump his ruck sack. Guess what? We didn't leave him behind. A couple of Marines got ahold of him and helped him finish while wearing all their gear and the Battalion Commander, at the time was Lt Col Wesley Fox a Medal of Honor winner in Nam as an enlisted man, carried the kid's ruck along with his own. There's not a woman out there that could have helped either the downed Marine or carry his ruck along with her own. That dog just won't hunt.

54BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 6:53 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Soleil wrote:1. The purpose of war is to win.

2. Soldiers in the field need be utterly dependent on the strength of the person
at their shoulder.

3. Someday, the draft WILL come back. The ACLU among others will sue to have women...including young mothers...to be called to arms equally.

This is one of the saddest days in our history.

Ideally, it would be a draft lottery with no possible deferments except for being medically disqualified.

I take it you were drafted and were jeaous of those who had deferments. There are many, many legitimate reasons for deferments. BTW, I enlisted.

Nope, not drafted. I turned 18 in December of 1969, and later had a high enough draft lottery number to avoid the draft. I also got a 2S deferment when I started college in the fall of 1970, but that didn't matter after 1971, when I joined the USMC PLC Program. I was commissioned a 2LT via the PLC program when I finished my bachelor's degree in December of 1974.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

55BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 7:06 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

This was said in the Civil War when the Union gave former black slaves guns. This was said in the Truman administration when Blacks were given equality in the military......they did not have the prerequisite skills......this was said in the 90s, when we talked about do not ask and do not tell. Been there and done that .......so many....many.....times. First, contrary to most posts which misinterpreted what the exceptions mean.......there are certain units and jobs which will remain off limits and are excepted from the new rules of equal opportunity. This means that of the 100k plus combat jobs, maybe only 60% will be available to woman.....but in those 60% we will be getting the most qualified people for the job, and not creating an artificial barrier based on race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or sex. If combat positions open up, woman will have better opportunities to advance to higher levels based on their total capabilities....not necessarily their ability to lift a certain amount of weight. I firmly believe that the standards should remain in place and anybody who cannot meet those standards and those standards are logical and necessary, should not get the job because somebody made the conditions and restrictions easier.....nope.....just fair equal opportunity to perform and prove one's capabilities.

The problem is in the Devil of the details. Physical standards WILL have to be lowered for enough women to enter these fields. The old slave or African American analogy doesn't fit the mold here.

On a forced march we once did in Okinawa from Schwab to Hansen and back (which is a marathon in distance), we actually had a male who fell out and could not hump his ruck sack. Guess what? We didn't leave him behind. A couple of Marines got ahold of him and helped him finish while wearing all their gear and the Battalion Commander, at the time was Lt Col Wesley Fox a Medal of Honor winner in Nam as an enlisted man, carried the kid's ruck along with his own. There's not a woman out there that could have helped either the downed Marine or carry his ruck along with her own. That dog just won't hunt.

Dude, you were in the wrong MOS.... Schwab to Hansen is about a 10 minute (or less..) trip in a CH-53.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

56BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 7:16 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Wrong! His MOH citation reads

"For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as commanding officer of Company A, in action against the enemy in the northern A Shau Valley. Capt. (then 1st Lt.) Fox's company came under intense fire from a large well concealed enemy force."

The last time I checked a 1st Lt was not an enlisted person.

57BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 8:18 pm

cool1

cool1

I say let Jane on the front line if she can handle it--If not then move on back.

58BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 8:26 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

cool1 wrote:I say let Jane on the front line if she can handle it--If not then move on back.

I can't tell from the picture is this you the real cool? anyway... WELCOME !
BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Cool10

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 1/24/2013, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

59BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 10:18 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Dude, you were in the wrong MOS.... Schwab to Hansen is about a 10 minute (or less..) trip in a CH-53.

You got me on that one!

60BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 11:03 pm

Lurch wrote:It's time to bring back the draft now too.. This might change the tune of the war mongers if their little girls are on the front lines.. I think politicians kids should move to the front of the line also..

The draft isn't totally defunct as we have the mandatory Selective Service Registration. However, the requirement to register applies only to males. I have always believe that registration should be mandated for women as well.

61BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 11:35 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

OK, so women are being allowed combat jobs. If we now take the step that women are required to register for the draft and then we get involved in a war that ends up requiring the draft.....are women going to be drafted and forced into combat jobs against their will? Or will women be allowed to choose if they want to be in combat while men are forced to the front lines?

62BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 11:43 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:OK, so women are being allowed combat jobs. If we now take the step that women are required to register for the draft and then we get involved in a war that ends up requiring the draft.....are women going to be drafted and forced into combat jobs against their will? Or will women be allowed to choose if they want to be in combat while men are forced to the front lines?

Good question.

All young women should be required to register.

Being drafted does not necessarily mean you will be sent into a frontline combat position.

The military is pretty good at determining the skills and assets an individual brings to the table, and I'm confident that they would only send the most aggressive and physically equipped females into potential combat roles.

63BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 11:45 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:OK, so women are being allowed combat jobs. If we now take the step that women are required to register for the draft and then we get involved in a war that ends up requiring the draft.....are women going to be drafted and forced into combat jobs against their will? Or will women be allowed to choose if they want to be in combat while men are forced to the front lines?

Good question.

Being drafted does not necessarily mean you will be sent into a frontline combat position.

The military is pretty good at determining the skills and assets an individual brings to the table, and I'm confident that they would only send the most aggressive and physically equipped females into potential combat roles.

What if a physically equipped female does not want to be in a combat position?

64BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 11:47 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good question.

What if a physically equipped male does not want to be in a combat position?

65BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/24/2013, 11:49 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good question.

Canada?

66BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:01 am

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good question.

Canada?

Then you answered your own question.

67BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:06 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good question.

Canada?

I answered as to the illegal way to avoid combat.
My question stands though...if women are allowed into combat and then at some point women are drafted, will an able bodied female be treated differently than an able bodied male?

68BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:08 am

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good question.

Canada?

My question stands though...if women are allowed into combat and then at some point women are drafted, will an able bodied female be treated differently than an able bodied male?

No.

69BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:13 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good question.

Canada?

No.

Then what starts out as being a "choice" for women can in time become something much different.

70BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:15 am

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good question.

Canada?

No.

Then what starts out as being a "choice" for women can in time become something much different.

Equality!

71BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:17 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good question.

Canada?

No.

Equality!

But...there is no way for women to truly be equal to men when it comes to fighting wars. Besides strength and stamina issues, women can have babies. Babies and combat do not mix. What does a woman do if she is drafted and doesn't not want to be in combat? Maybe she gets pregnant. There is nothing illegal about getting pregnant. So military service is not equal or fair concerning men and women--- and never can be.

72BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:36 am

Nekochan wrote:Canada?

I wonder if a young man who is not registered can even get a passport to go to Canada.

My son refused to register. Because of his choice, he is not eligible for federal student loans, federal jobs, and cannot even obtain a driver's license in his home state.

73BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:39 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's a good question but then there are ways to sneak across the border.

74BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:55 am

Nekochan wrote:That's a good question but then there are ways to sneak across the border.

The voice of experience? ;-)

If he can't get a passport, then he can't take a job offer in Spain or Australia.

75BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat 1/25/2013, 12:58 am

When you are drafted you have a big problem. Trying to draft women would be like trying to herd cats. I have to feel for some of you. You have no idea what it is like to serve in a Army with draftees.
This the last thing you received before your notice to report. That notice usually came 2 to 3 weeks after this one. The Army will get your ass killed..End of story.

[img]BREAKING: GI Jane to Combat - Page 3 2ebeh4o[/img]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum