Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any predictions for tomorrows employment report?

+4
Hospital Bob
Markle
Sal
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:REAL unemployment, 15.1%.

An improvement, though modest, on what he inherited. Bush inherited 8.1% U6 unemployment. It was at 15.4% when he left.

What was the average U6 unemployment rate during the administration of President George Walker Bush?

What has been the average during the administration of President Barack Hussein Obama?

So what youre saying is that President Obama has dropped the U6 unemployment rate all the way from 15.4% down to 15.1% over 3 1/2 years. Wow...at that rate of decline, when would President Obama have it back down to 8.1%?

A decrease in the U6 unemployment rate is certainly better than an increase, isn't it?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:Revenues to IRS AVERAGED $1.875 TRILLION during Bush's first 3 years in office, before the BUSH TAX CUTS took effect. Gee...that's nearly President Barack Hussein Obama $1.3 TRILLION DEFICIT each year since Obama took office.

Hey, Markle, how long does it take for a tax cut to "take effect"? No copy and paste, please. Just explain to me, in your own words, how long you feel it takes for a tax cut to "take effect" and why.

Is there something in my post which was not clear?

As you know...it was the Democrat driven housing/mortgage/finiancial meltdown which caused the recession and spike in unemployment.

I'll ask the question again, Markle. How long does it take for a tax cut to "take effect", and why? This isn't a trick question or anything. I'm simply asking you to explain yourself. Can you do that without copy and paste? Are you capable of staying on task and responding to that which I am asking of you?

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:Revenues to IRS AVERAGED $1.875 TRILLION during Bush's first 3 years in office, before the BUSH TAX CUTS took effect. Gee...that's nearly President Barack Hussein Obama $1.3 TRILLION DEFICIT each year since Obama took office.

Hey, Markle, how long does it take for a tax cut to "take effect"? No copy and paste, please. Just explain to me, in your own words, how long you feel it takes for a tax cut to "take effect" and why.

As you know...it was the Democrat driven housing/mortgage/finiancial meltdown which caused the recession and spike in unemployment.

I'll ask the question again, Markle. How long does it take for a tax cut to "take effect", and why? This isn't a trick question or anything. I'm simply asking you to explain yourself. Can you do that without copy and paste? Are you capable of staying on task and responding to that which I am asking of you?

just so you know, obama is considering keeping some of bushes tax cuts in place....

obama loves to use bushes ideas, obama is a plagerizer Razz

Markle

Markle

reaper1948 wrote:
Markle wrote:
ButtMan wrote:
Markle wrote:

That's just the oddest thing how that works.
The meltdown happened several years after Clinton had left office but he was to blame. But the unemployment now is happening several years after Bush left office but he's not to blame.
I dunno, bud. Sure looks like the democrat is always guilty and the republican is always innocent.
But you know what, you may be right because it was always the same way with Gorgeous George too. No matter how many times he hit somebody below the belt, the crowd kept on a cheerin him. And the same thing with his oppoent George Gourgeous. His crowd kept a cheerin him too.
Funny thing though how both Georgeous George and George Gorgeous got paid for being who they were. But the crowd had to foot the bill for all of it.

I did not say President William Jefferson Clinton was solely to blame but cute try! He expanded the programs and, as you well know, Chris Dodd and Barney Frank continued the destruction.

"Professional wrasslin" from 50 years ago? Whew, you are desperate.

You know though there was one hell of a surplus in social security when Clinton left office until Bush raided it on his first attack on Iraq.

I never was much of a fan of Clinton until I started reading what he really accomplished in office and Bush destroyed most of it. And I used to be a repug.

I take it that you are being facetious.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

As you know...it was the Democrat driven housing/mortgage/financial meltdown which caused the recession and spike in unemployment.

As you well know, it depends on the circumstances.

"Tax Cuts" will begin to affect the economy BEFORE they are put in place as we near the November election and it becomes more and more obvious that we will no longer suffer under President Barack Hussein Obama, his massive spending, taxes, ObamaCare and egregious regulations.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

As you know...it was the Democrat driven housing/mortgage/financial meltdown which caused the recession and spike in unemployment.

"Tax Cuts" will begin to affect the economy BEFORE they are put in place as we near the November election and it becomes more and more obvious that we will no longer suffer under President Barack Hussein Obama, his massive spending, taxes, ObamaCare and egregious regulations.

I think you are being rather presumptuous about Mitt Romney's chances. It is going to be fun to watch you the day after the election. You may be making anti-Obama rants all the way until January 2017, LOL. I hope you don't run out of steam before then.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

So then in the case of the Bush tax cuts, when did those "take effect" by your estimation and why?

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I think you are being rather presumptuous about Mitt Romney's chances. It is going to be fun to watch you the day after the election. You may be making anti-Obama rants all the way until January 2017, LOL. I hope you don't run out of steam before then.

I have offered to bet on the election with Markle repeatedly, and he ignores my requests. A simple avatar bet. Loser wears the avatar that the winner selects for one month after the election.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

IF President Barack Hussein Obama wins, we are in for further collapse and malaise in our country. RECORD numbers of multi-billionaires are surrendering their citizenship in order to avoid our oppressive taxes.

Progressives can't understand that punishing anything results in people doing less of that and more of what rewards them.

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

So then in the case of the Bush tax cuts, when did those "take effect" by your estimation and why?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Last chance for Markle...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Any predictions for tomorrows employment report? - Page 2 Forrest

NaNook

NaNook

reaper1948 wrote:
Markle wrote:
ButtMan wrote:
Markle wrote:

That's just the oddest thing how that works.
The meltdown happened several years after Clinton had left office but he was to blame. But the unemployment now is happening several years after Bush left office but he's not to blame.
I dunno, bud. Sure looks like the democrat is always guilty and the republican is always innocent.
But you know what, you may be right because it was always the same way with Gorgeous George too. No matter how many times he hit somebody below the belt, the crowd kept on a cheerin him. And the same thing with his oppoent George Gourgeous. His crowd kept a cheerin him too.
Funny thing though how both Georgeous George and George Gorgeous got paid for being who they were. But the crowd had to foot the bill for all of it.

I did not say President William Jefferson Clinton was solely to blame but cute try! He expanded the programs and, as you well know, Chris Dodd and Barney Frank continued the destruction.

"Professional wrasslin" from 50 years ago? Whew, you are desperate.

You know though there was one hell of a surplus in social security when Clinton left office until Bush raided it on his first attack on Iraq.

I never was much of a fan of Clinton until I started reading what he really accomplished in office and Bush destroyed most of it. And I used to be a repug.

Prove it!! Prove your smack....link and prove yourself. I'm tired of the BS....Prove It or shut the hell up, period.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Once again...for the very, very S-L-O-W.

The Clinton Dot.Com recession began in March of 2000. If you recall, we also had a massive terrorist attack on 9/11/2001 which further crippled the economy and plunged us deeper into recession. UNEMPLOYMENT REACHED 6% before the Bush tax cuts went into effect and brought DOWN unemployment to 4.6% in 2006 and 2007 before the Democrat driven Housing/Mortgage/Financial meltdown led to this current crisis.

The DEBT over the eight years of the Bush Administration increased by $4.4 TRILLION. That’s FAR less than the damage done by the Democrats since Nancy Pelosi took over the House in 2007.

What happened when the "tax cuts you revile so much were implemented?

Revenues to IRS AVERAGED $1.875 TRILLION during Bush's first 3 years in office, before the BUSH TAX CUTS took effect. Gee...that's nearly President Barack Hussein Obama $1.3 TRILLION DEFICIT each year since Obama took office.

AFTER the BUSH TAX CUTS TOOK EFFECT, REVENUES AVERAGED $2.306 TRILLION his last FIVE years. That's $431 BILLION more per year or $2.155 TRILLION increase over five years.

WOW…how did that happen? They resulted in a $2.155 TRILLION INCREASE IN REVENUES?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

[quote="Markle"]
boards of FL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

The Clinton Dot.Com recession began in March of 2000. If you recall, we also had a massive terrorist attack on 9/11/2001 which further crippled the economy and plunged us deeper into recession. UNEMPLOYMENT REACHED 6% before the Bush tax cuts went into effect and brought DOWN unemployment to 4.6% in 2006 and 2007 before the Democrat driven Housing/Mortgage/Financial meltdown led to this current crisis.

The DEBT over the eight years of the Bush Administration increased by $4.4 TRILLION. That’s FAR less than the damage done by the Democrats since Nancy Pelosi took over the House in 2007.

Revenues to IRS AVERAGED $1.875 TRILLION during Bush's first 3 years in office, before the BUSH TAX CUTS took effect. Gee...that's nearly President Barack Hussein Obama $1.3 TRILLION DEFICIT each year since Obama took office.

AFTER the BUSH TAX CUTS TOOK EFFECT, REVENUES AVERAGED $2.306 TRILLION his last FIVE years. That's $431 BILLION more per year or $2.155 TRILLION increase over five years.

WOW…how did that happen? They resulted in a $2.155 TRILLION INCREASE IN REVENUES?

If threre was such an increase in revenues, why did Bush still run a deficit every year? I think you are using fuzzy math. Don't blame it on the Democrats. Bush had Republican majorities in both the House and Senate for half of his presidency, and he still ran a deficit every year he was in office.

Markle

Markle

It is simple, the Republicans spent to much money. Although the Medicare Part "D" passed by them was less expensive than the one sought by Democrats.

Compared to the massive spending of President Barack Hussein Obama and the Democrats today, what they spent was drop in the ocean.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:It is simple, the Republicans spent to much money. Although the Medicare Part "D" passed by them was less expensive than the one sought by Democrats.

Compared to the massive spending of President Barack Hussein Obama and the Democrats today, what they spent was drop in the ocean.

Then I suppose that your continued and unending ranting about how the Democrats are responsible for ALL of our nation's fiscal ills can be construed as partisan spin..... I always thought so!

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:It is simple, the Republicans spent to much money. Although the Medicare Part "D" passed by them was less expensive than the one sought by Democrats.

Then I suppose that your continued and unending ranting about how the Democrats are responsible for ALL of our nation's fiscal ills can be construed as partisan spin..... I always thought so!

Please show us all where I ever said that Democrats are responsible for ALL our fiscal ills. I think you'll find that it is President Barack Hussein Obama who has said that HE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING...EVER.

Or is this in error?
Any predictions for tomorrows employment report? - Page 2 Annual-deficit-42012

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You somehow have still managed to talk a lot without actually answering my question.

Again: When did the Bush tax cuts "take effect" by your estimation, and why?

"When" usually calls for an answer in the form of a point in time. Example: May 3, 1922 or 5:24PM. The "why" part is asking you to give the theoretical explanation of how you think fiscal policy measures work and what sort of outside lag time is involved with them.

Is this question too difficult for you?

I'll give you an example of how I would answer the question if I were you:

The Bush tax cuts "took effect" fairly quickly after implementation. The outside lag time for changes in fiscal policy are not measured in years. It's not as if a tax cut gets passed, and then we do not see the effect of it until years later. Since the tax rates were cut in 2001, 2002, and 2003, the Bush tax cuts "took effect" during those years. Those are the years in which fiscal policy was actually changed, so those are the years one should look to in order to see the effects said change. Clearly tax revenues fell off a cliff due to the Bush tax cuts.

Last edited by boards of FL on 7/23/2012, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Please show us all where I ever said that Democrats are responsible for ALL our fiscal ills. I think you'll find that it is President Barack Hussein Obama who has said that HE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING...EVER.

Or is this in error?

You know that budgets are submitted the year before they are actually carried out, right? Your bar for 2009 should be red, if we are to follow the same BS line of reasoning of whoever originally created that graph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_States_federal_budget

Margin Call

Margin Call

[/quote]

[/quote]

You said yourself that the bar was set low due to a recession and a terrorist attacked. It stands to reason that a generational housing boom due to the Keynesian policies of Bush and the Fed would create an economic bubble, thus leading to increases in revenue. TPTB should have allowed the economy to deleverage in the early 2000s instead of allowing us to hit a veritable wall of debt in 2007.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Hi, Margin. I wondered where you were.

Y'all are wasting your time on Markle. He doesn't really understand any of this; he just has his prepackaged talking points replete with right-wing propaganda. You see, everything that happened to the US when GWB was President was just fine and dandy. But once President Obama took office, all hell broke loose. Those of you who remember it differently need to take a pill and report immediately to Sector 4.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Or is this in error?

You know that budgets are submitted the year before they are actually carried out, right? Your bar for 2009 should be red, if we are to follow the same BS line of reasoning of whoever originally created that graph.

As you know, the budget President George Walker Bush submitted to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi never came to a vote. Instead the Democrats attacked the budget for spending to much.

Cute try!

By the way, AS YOU KNOW, President Barack Hussein Obama signed the 2009 budget...in 2009.

Obama signs U.S. budget into law; Oregon gets $211 million in goodies

Published: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 7:51 PM

WASHINGTON -- For all the critics of the $410 billion spending bill President Barack Obama signed into law Wednesday, some local officials across Oregon welcome the new money for everything from education to salmon restoration to upgrading the Pendleton Round-Up.

For more: http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/obama_signs_us_budget_into_law.html

You really need to read your own sources.

NaNook

NaNook

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Or is this in error?

As you know, the budget President George Walker Bush submitted to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi never came to a vote. Instead the Democrats attacked the budget for spending to much.

Cute try!

By the way, AS YOU KNOW, President Barack Hussein Obama signed the 2009 budget...in 2009.

Obama signs U.S. budget into law; Oregon gets $211 million in goodies

Published: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 7:51 PM

WASHINGTON -- For all the critics of the $410 billion spending bill President Barack Obama signed into law Wednesday, some local officials across Oregon welcome the new money for everything from education to salmon restoration to upgrading the Pendleton Round-Up.

For more: http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/obama_signs_us_budget_into_law.html

You really need to read your own sources.

How could Obama sign a budget which doesn't exist???: The Senate hasn't passed a budget since Christ was born. What a bunch of BS....look you can read the records....please quote the congressional records where a budget was passed by the Senate? What was the vote?

I know the vote on the Obama Budget in the Democratic Senate.... 0-97?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Hi, Margin. I wondered where you were.

Y'all are wasting your time on Markle. He doesn't really understand any of this; he just has his prepackaged talking points replete with right-wing propaganda. You see, everything that happened to the US when GWB was President was just fine and dandy. But once President Obama took office, all hell broke loose. Those of you who remember it differently need to take a pill and report immediately to Sector 4.

As you know Floridatexan, I've handed MarginCall his behind any number of times about the housing collapse. It must have really crushed his ego. He loves to think of himself as an EXSPURT on financial matters. He may be with regard to stocks and bonds but he doesn't know the optionee from the optionor in real estate. Wasn't it "Dirty Harry" who said that a man has got to know his limitations.

Unlike MarginCall, I don't NEED to be the expert about everything. That's why I hire people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum