Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

40% increase in gun crimes when law abiding citizens turn in their guns-

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/12/americas_gun_culture_and_piers_morgans_selective_outrage.html

Wow, who would have thunk it? You mean criminals don't follow the law? Seriously?

It's a strange omission: liberal pundits like CNN's Piers Morgan are fulminating over America's "gun culture" following Newtown's school massacre -- yet they seem blissfully ignorant about what happened after Britain's draconian handgun ban following a school massacre in Scotland, in 1996, eerily similar to Newtown's.

After the ban, more than 160,000 law-abiding citizens gave up their handguns. The idea was to stop gun violence. But ironically, the ban had the opposite effect: crime-related gun violence jumped a whopping 40 percent in the two years after the ban. And since then, gun crime has continued to soar at an alarming rate. Anti-gun liberals may be aghast, but as that old NRA bumper sticker stated: "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." One wonders how long before guns are used in another massacre in the United Kingdom; or perhaps next time it will be done by a madman carrying a can of gasoline.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/12/americas_gun_culture_and_piers_morgans_selective_outrage.html#ixzz2G5sEnayu

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/12/americas_gun_culture_and_piers_morgans_selective_outrage.html

Wow, who would have thunk it? You mean criminals don't follow the law? Seriously?

It's a strange omission: liberal pundits like CNN's Piers Morgan are fulminating over America's "gun culture" following Newtown's school massacre -- yet they seem blissfully ignorant about what happened after Britain's draconian handgun ban following a school massacre in Scotland, in 1996, eerily similar to Newtown's.

After the ban, more than 160,000 law-abiding citizens gave up their handguns. The idea was to stop gun violence. But ironically, the ban had the opposite effect: crime-related gun violence jumped a whopping 40 percent in the two years after the ban. And since then, gun crime has continued to soar at an alarming rate. Anti-gun liberals may be aghast, but as that old NRA bumper sticker stated: "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." One wonders how long before guns are used in another massacre in the United Kingdom; or perhaps next time it will be done by a madman carrying a can of gasoline.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/12/americas_gun_culture_and_piers_morgans_selective_outrage.html#ixzz2G5sEnayu

SO.....criminals are not complying with the laws?...Astonishing!...

I saw on the news last night where authorities in Los Angeles were buying back guns. There were cars lined up for miles to get in on the program.

Now the question is, how are they buying back guns? I was under the impression that California was broke, but they have money to spend on this crap.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I saw on the news last night where authorities in Los Angeles were buying back guns. There were cars lined up for miles to get in on the program.

Now the question is, how are they buying back guns? I was under the impression that California was broke, but they have money to spend on this crap.

They are giving out gift cards for groceries. Since the "buy back" is anonymous - no questions asked - one has to wonder how many gun thefts occur during the program? I wonder if baby daddies can use the gift card as a partial child support payment?

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I saw on the news last night where authorities in Los Angeles were buying back guns. There were cars lined up for miles to get in on the program.

They like Illinois and Michigan are waiting for a federal bailout but interesting point about where does the money come from when the state is broke...

nochain wrote:

They are giving out gift cards for groceries. Since the "buy back" is anonymous - no questions asked - one has to wonder how many gun thefts occur during the program? I wonder if baby daddies can use the gift card as a partial child support payment?

Sounds like a Maury show in the works...

nochain wrote:

They are giving out gift cards for groceries
. Since the "buy back" is anonymous - no questions asked - one has to wonder how many gun thefts occur during the program? I wonder if baby daddies can use the gift card as a partial child support payment?

I understand that, but gift cards are certainly not free.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
nochain wrote:

. Since the "buy back" is anonymous - no questions asked - one has to wonder how many gun thefts occur during the program? I wonder if baby daddies can use the gift card as a partial child support payment?

I didn't say they were free.

nochain wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
nochain wrote:

I didn't say they were free.

Sorry my bad. Did not mean any disrespect.

Markle

Markle

The weapons also do not have to function.

As someone else said, what a great way to get rid of a weapon with a few crimes or a murder or two on it.

Well I'm sure the Progressives feel warm and fuzzy about the results.

Does anyone think a year from now anyone will look at the statistics and publish the drop in crime?

no stress

no stress

A few of us gun guys should do this around here. hell, I'd trade someone a 200 dollar gift card to Publix for a Bushmaster all day long.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum