Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Civil War was perhaps the greatest travesty visited upon the people in history.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/martines1.1.1.html

We generally aspire to live by Jeffersonian standards in spite of the fact that a strong central government opposes these standards unmercifully. The civil war was fought against Jeffersonian standards. Abraham Lincoln far from being the great emancipator, we were taught to believe in state controlled schools, was in fact an outspoken supporter of slavery and of a strong central government. The constitutional embrace of secession was virtually set aside by Lincoln, and ever since it has been the goal of government to keep it that way.

2seaoat

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lew_Rockwell

And this guy is your guiding light.....really.....the ghost rider for Ron Paul's racist newsletters.......sterling!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lew_Rockwell

And this guy is your guiding light.....really.....the ghost rider for Ron Paul's racist newsletters.......sterling!

Lying slander, what else can you expect from a progressive liberal that wants a technological prison made of the country.

2seaoat

what else can you expect from a progressive liberal

The truth

The civil war was fought against Jeffersonian standards.

At least you are correct here.....slavery was ended

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes and if you have an honest bone in your body you would admit that Lincoln ONLY freed the slaves as an after thought to keep the central government in power. Freeing the slaves was a lying coat of paint hiding a wretched and evil central government controlled by the banks and still to this day remains the same thanks to that ass Lincoln.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Abraham Lincoln... was in fact an outspoken supporter of slavery

"Whenever I hear any one arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume VIII, "Speech to One Hundred Fortieth Indiana Regiment" (March 17, 1865), p. 361.

"I think slavery is wrong, morally, and politically. I desire that it should be no further spread in these United States, and I should not object if it should gradually terminate in the whole Union." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, "Speech at Cincinnati, Ohio" (September 17, 1859), p. 440.

"I do not wish to be misunderstood upon this subject of slavery in this country. I suppose it may long exist, and perhaps the best way for it to come to an end peaceably is for it to exist for a length of time. But I say that the spread and strengthening and perpetuation of it is an entirely different proposition. There we should in every way resist it as a wrong, treating it as a wrong, with the fixed idea that it must and will come to an end." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, "Speech at Chicago, Illinois" (March 1, 1859), p. 370.

"Now, I confess myself as belonging to that class in the country who contemplate slavery as a moral, social and political evil, having due regard for its actual existence amongst us and the difficulties of getting rid of it in any satisfactory way, and to all the constitutional obligations which have been thrown about it; but, nevertheless, desire a policy that looks to the prevention of it as a wrong, and looks hopefully to the time when as a wrong it may come to an end." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, "Lincoln-Douglas Debate at Galesburg" (October 7, 1858), p. 226.

"You think slavery is right and ought to be extended; we think it is wrong and ought to be restricted. For this, neither has any just occasion to be angry with the other. " The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume IV, "Letter to John A. Gilmer" (December 15, 1860), p. 152.

"Slavery is founded in the selfishness of man's nature - opposition to it, is his love of justice. These principles are an eternal antagonism; and when brought into collision so fiercely, as slavery extension brings them, shocks, and throes, and convulsions must ceaselessly follow." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume II, "Speech at Peoria, Illinois" (October 16, 1854), p. 271.

"As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy. Whatever differs from this, to the extent of the difference, is no democracy." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume II, (August 1, 1858?), p. 532.

"I have always hated slavery, I think as much as any abolitionist." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume II, "Speech at Chicago, Illinois" (July 10, 1858), p. 492.

"I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume II, "Speech at Peoria, Illinois" (October 16, 1854), p. 255.

"If we cannot give freedom to every creature, let us do nothing that will impose slavery upon any other creature." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume II, "Speech at Chicago, Illinois" (July 10, 1858), p. 501.

"I have always thought that all men should be free; but if any should be slaves it should be first those who desire it for themselves, and secondly those who desire it for others." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume VIII, "Speech to One Hundred Fortieth Indiana Regiment" (March 17, 1865), p. 361.

2seaoat

Bob,
He is afraid to go to the movie.....and he thinks this author is truth. T never changes his mind. This idea that slavery had nothing to do with the civil war, or that Lincoln was anything but a pragmatic politician is folly......but it is the season for folly and fun......Merry Christmas.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lincoln is a tangled knot of contradictions like any parasitic politician who depends on pleasing his host for continued blood sucking. History also records that Lincoln represented many slave owners in court assisting them in getting back runaway slaves. So the truth is there just not what most want it to look like. Lincoln was a hero to the established banking system and northern industry. All progressives drool at the mention of his name because he represents what they espouse. Remember a prison without fences is still a prison and prisoners are slaves. If we allow everyone to be chipped and tagged then we are in deed nothing more than ear tagged branded cattle.

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
He is afraid to go to the movie.....and he thinks this author is truth. T never changes his mind. This idea that slavery had nothing to do with the civil war, or that Lincoln was anything but a pragmatic politician is folly......but it is the season for folly and fun......Merry Christmas.

In defense of Teo, he does in fact change his mind. He and I were discussing the eagle that grabbed a child in Montreal and he changed his mind about that.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Bob,

In defense of Teo, he does in fact change his mind. He and I were discussing the eagle that grabbed a child in Montreal and he changed his mind about that.

That did look real. We live in a world of deceit for deceits sake. I bet politicians would enjoy hacking.

2seaoat

That did look real. We live in a world of deceit for deceits sake. I bet politicians would enjoy hacking.

As far as I am concerned......it will remain real for demonstrative purposes. I have seen a utube with a fawn on high voltage wires, and those mountain goat videos make all the sense in the world. If somebody is walking with a small infant or dog.....I would rather er on the side of caution. An eagle is a powerful animal and a very small infant or dog should not be left unattended where you know that large eagles are present. When you come up on one who is standing on the shore eating a carcass of a fish.....they are incredibly tall and powerful birds.

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/martines1.1.1.html

We generally aspire to live by Jeffersonian standards in spite of the fact that a strong central government opposes these standards unmercifully. The civil war was fought against Jeffersonian standards. Abraham Lincoln far from being the great emancipator, we were taught to believe in state controlled schools, was in fact an outspoken supporter of slavery and of a strong central government. The constitutional embrace of secession was virtually set aside by Lincoln, and ever since it has been the goal of government to keep it that way.

The Civil War, like almost all wars, was for the enrichment of the Military-Industrial-Complex which was alive and well when the Romans waged war everywhere they went. The freeing of the slaves was a good excuse for the Masters of War.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum