Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

State Department gets smacked on Benghazi

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Of course no repercussions are recommended for those that failed to do their job. No surprise there since accountability for failure has been lacking in the BHO administration since day one.

“Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels within two bureaus,” the report said, resulted in security “that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/us/politics/inquiry-into-libya-attack-is-sharply-critical-of-state-department.html?hp&_r=0

Sal

Sal

That doesn't sound like a coverup ...

scratch

Sal wrote:That doesn't sound like a coverup ...

scratch

Not now - it was an "independent review" - remember? Quite unlike nearly everything the WH was spouting though for weeks, wouldn't you agree?

nochain wrote:Of course no repercussions are recommended for those that failed to do their job. No surprise there since accountability for failure has been lacking in the BHO administration since day one.

“Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels within two bureaus,” the report said, resulted in security “that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/us/politics/inquiry-into-libya-attack-is-sharply-critical-of-state-department.html?hp&_r=0

Did anyone really think there would be accountability?...When systemic failures /leadership and management deficiences at senior levels led to inadequate security for Benghazi and "grossly" inadequate to deal with the attack...it's Washington DC speak for there were screwups at the highest levels but we're not assigning blame or holding these senior leaders to any form of accountability...Critical of policies...decisions...and leadership...got to make the families of the victims feel much better...Wonder if now the civil matters will begin?...

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:

Not now - it was an "independent review" - remember? Quite unlike nearly everything the WH was spouting though for weeks, wouldn't you agree?

Who ordered the "independent review"?

scratch

nochain wrote:
Sal wrote:That doesn't sound like a coverup ...

scratch

And no mention of blame towards the spontaneous protest/internet movie that was the talking points from the WH...

2seaoat

The Board found that Ambassador Stevens made the decision to travel to Benghazi independently of Washington, per standard practice. Timing for his trip was driven in part by commitments in Tripoli, as well as a staffing gap between principal officers in Benghazi. Plans for the Ambassador’s trip provided for minimal close protection security support and were not shared thoroughly with the Embassy’s country team, who were not fully aware of planned movements off compound. The Ambassador did not see a direct threat of an attack of this nature and scale on the U.S. Mission in the overall negative trendline of security incidents from spring to summer 2012. His status as the leading U.S. government advocate on Libya policy, and his expertise on Benghazi in particular, caused Washington to give unusual deference to his judgments.

Exactly what I have been saying since day one.....Stevens was a Bad Asz CIA who like Engels at NBC could speak arabic and was making incredible inroads....he took down MR.K.....he was the expert.....he took the risks.....he was a brave soldier.....and you want some suit in Washington to micro manage these heroes......this whole inquiry is just silly.....because in the end......the buck stopped on Stevens desk.....and like Engels who got away this time......as certain as the sun will come up in the morning....Engels will eventually come back in a body bag.....because to do their jobs effectively they must have the respect of the people....which means close and often risky exposure.....these folks are American heroes, and they are not flawless, and the last thing we need is more know nothing bureaucrats micro managing folks who actually know how to win wars......point the fingers all day long....but in the end the commission nailed it.

2seaoat wrote:[and the last thing we need is more know nothing bureaucrats micro managing folks who actually know how to win wars......point the fingers all day long....but in the end the commission nailed it.

After reading your post I wonder why 3 officials have resigned after the report was released? What a shame 3 other people had to die so Stevens could polish his cajones, right? Breaks of war as they say.

2seaoat

After reading your post I wonder why 3 officials have resigned after the report was released? What a shame 3 other people had to die so Stevens could polish his cajones, right? Breaks of war as they say.

There job was to reel him in.....they failed. However, now every mid level bureaucrat is going to micro manage folks who know what the hell they are doing....and in the process America probably lost a great deal of effectiveness fighting covert wars because of this witch hunt.....it always was stevens....and like Engels they take calculated risks and we should all get down on our knees and pray that other brave Americans can step up with their skill set and courage. I get so tired of politics sometimes....I wish folks like stevens had more rope and discretion....and now we will have every competent field agent being second guessed....this will cost so many more lives than the four fallen heroes.

2seaoat

Gee....I thought after the release of this study folks were going to be blaming the President, the SOS, yet it was always the victim of the crime who was the risk taker.........absolute crickets from the folks who wanted to politicize these operations......silence. The problem is the damage this inquiry has done to our CIA operations....any terrorist reading the report can get a great deal of information about our parallel operations of CIA and state. In the heat of an election some folks were willing to put political goals ahead of what was probably best for our nation.....discretion and a closed committee hearing....but nooooooooooooooo somebody was trying to cover something up.....Hannity and his ilk are simply evil in my opinion......for a dollar they sell their souls and the soul of this country.

2seaoat wrote:Gabsolute crickets from the folks who wanted to politicize these operations......silence. .

Actually the deafening silence you hear is from BHO lapdogs who can't twist the results of a damning report not completed by Repubs. Why you might ask? Because those same BHO lapdogs are hypocrites of the highest order. Administration officials failed and more people died needlessly, regardless of what you might think Stevens involvement in the outcome might have been. Why is this important? The failures of Benghazi may embolden terrorists in other areas to plot against embassy facilities feeling they can do so with impunity. So it goes.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Reports say Hillary caught the Benghazi flu.

I thought she's had a concussion since 1996.

How convenient for the Obama admin.

Sounds more and more like some sort of cover-up to me. And others I'm sure.

VectorMan wrote:Reports say Hillary caught the Benghazi flu.

I thought she's had a concussion since 1996.

How convenient for the Obama admin.

Sounds more and more like some sort of cover-up to me. And others I'm sure.

Maybe it's PTSD from her "dodging sniper fire" in Bosnia:

“I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.”

2seaoat

I am no Hillary fan, and if people are long time PNJ participants they know have been pointed in my criticism of her for years, but this had nothing to do with the President or the SOS, or for that matter head of CIA making a mistake. This had everything to do with giving operational discretion to your officers in the field. This had to do with some folks living in a fantasy world who think politicians should micro manage our soldiers, and our cia agents. Stephens was simply the best. He was respected, and he was making tremendous inroads with the Libyan people.

I have alluded to the fact that there are great many people who did not want to see these kinds of operations successful. The military industrial complex, Al Queda, and the Nation of Israel would much rather have us spending massive amounts of money on weapons and depleting our nation's wealth while having a large military presence in States which pose a threat to Israel. This covert war neither spends trillions on weapons, depletes our nation's resources, or requires occupying armies policing real or suspected threats to Israel. Our national interest are separate and distinct from Israel's national interest, and making profits for the military industrial complex should not be the policy of this nation. So, what I really want to know is who was behind the killing of Stephens......I think it may not be as clear who those folks were working for, and that should have been our primary focus, rather than this dangerous and sophomoric political blame game.

Sal

Sal

So let me get this straight ...

Hillz faked a stomach virus, had her staff fake a stomach virus (or gave it to them because she has no soul and killed Vince Foster), then faked her fainting so that she could cry “concussion!” and avoid debunking wingnut nonsense about Benghazi for approximately a week or so?

Wingnut conspiracy theories - where logic goes to die.

2seaoat wrote:I He was respected, and he was making tremendous inroads with the Libyan people.

.I think it may not be as clear who those folks were working for, and that should have been our primary focus, rather than this dangerous and sophomoric political blame game.

He may have impressed some of the Libyan people however the Libyan security forces were lazy (cowardly) slugs who turned their back on the attack. Typical of ragheads. I don't see the investigation as a "political blame game" although there are most assuredly politicians who are attempting to do so. I see it as important to ensuring future attacks are not as successful. Until all of the ugly truth is known one can't be sure there aren't other "Benghazis" out there waiting to happen. That is reality.

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:I am no Hillary fan, and if people are long time PNJ participants they know have been pointed in my criticism of her for years, but this had nothing to do with the President or the SOS, or for that matter head of CIA making a mistake. This had everything to do with giving operational discretion to your officers in the field. This had to do with some folks living in a fantasy world who think politicians should micro manage our soldiers, and our cia agents. Stephens was simply the best. He was respected, and he was making tremendous inroads with the Libyan people.

I have alluded to the fact that there are great many people who did not want to see these kinds of operations successful. The military industrial complex, Al Queda, and the Nation of Israel would much rather have us spending massive amounts of money on weapons and depleting our nation's wealth while having a large military presence in States which pose a threat to Israel. This covert war neither spends trillions on weapons, depletes our nation's resources, or requires occupying armies policing real or suspected threats to Israel. Our national interest are separate and distinct from Israel's national interest, and making profits for the military industrial complex should not be the policy of this nation. So, what I really want to know is who was behind the killing of Stephens......I think it may not be as clear who those folks were working for, and that should have been our primary focus, rather than this dangerous and sophomoric political blame game.

It's way more than some "political blame game". 4 Americans got killed in a planned terrorist attack by islamic radicals. The Obama admin has told lie after lie about the incident. Backed up by the liberal media and his loyalists. Some people in high places need to be held accountable. Resigning from one's position isn't anywhere near enough punishment.

Let's not forget to mention the "political blame game" Obama's been playing since day one. But, I know, I know, he gets a pass as usual. Sigh..... Rolling Eyes

State Department gets smacked on Benghazi Obama_lies

Sal wrote:So let me get this straight ...

Hillz faked a stomach virus, had her staff fake a stomach virus (or gave it to them because she has no soul and killed Vince Foster), then faked her fainting so that she could cry “concussion!” and avoid debunking wingnut nonsense about Benghazi for approximately a week or so?

Wingnut conspiracy theories - where logic goes to die.

Libertard forum participation: where serious discourse rapidly degenerates into vapid delusions of contribution.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum