Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An off duty deputies GUN stops a massacre at the showing of the hobbit last night....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=119078&article=10644119

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bump for seaoat

Slicef18

Slicef18

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=119078&article=10644119

An armed, trained police officer carrying a weapon is entirely different than some bubba carrying a weapon..............or ten bubbas carrying a weapons.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Slicef18 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=119078&article=10644119

An armed, trained police officer carrying a weapon is entirely different than some bubba carrying a weapon..............or ten bubbas carrying a weapons.

This is true, but if some nutcase shows up with a gun, I'd rather have the 10 armed Bubbas than not.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Police have accidentally shot and killed lots of people...remember New York Fed shooter and how it was the police that wounded 9 or so bystanders ?

here's another...

[quote="TEOTWAWKI"]http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=119078&article=10644119[/quote

Great job!

Sal

Sal

There are over 300 million privately owned firearms in the U.S.

How many more do you suppose we will need to be safe from guns?

2seaoat

exactly! Like little boyz who are playing war games with our army soldiers in the back yard each of us want to be Clint Eastwood and save the day with a weapon. Who among us would not like to have been armed and saved the day when the shooter came into the school...........but sadly after years of dealing with drive by shootings, I will tell you this idealized armed american hero coming to save the day is pure fantasy.....gangbangers shoot....they aim.....and they consistently miss killing everybody else but who they are aiming at........I once had an assistant states attorney tell me that when a gangbanger is looking to shoot you.....you are the safest person on the street......

T.....your idealized world of citizen hero saving the day.....it is a wonderful fantasy....it shows your heart is good.....but it simply is not reality. I have shot handguns at targets since I have been 5 years old.....it is incredibly more difficult than firing from the prone position with a rifle, yet an emergency situation will have people around, and I have not been to the range with a handgun in years......and my vision and steady hand is no longer keen......and I would be as dangerous as the bad guy......it is a world of difference between trained law enforcement and your idealized fantasy.

2seaoat

Now for the whole story........

He opened fire, shooting one man in the chest, before Antu says an off duty sheriff's deputy who was working security at the theater shot him once.

There is a hell of a lot of difference with a paid police officer working security and a bunch of theater folks pulling their weapons and shooting. Your Clint Eastwood fantasy has yet to be proven in 30 years of mass murders.....and some of these have been in conceal and carry, and in the case of AZ open carry......Nada T.......I am still waiting for your Clint Eastwood example.....but 0 for 30 as discussed last night on the Ed Schultz show....who happens to be a rabid hunter.....is just fantasy.....

A theater full of folks shooting guns sounds like more guns is the answer, but the truth is less guns are the answer.....and gun safety requires the same.

2seaoat wrote:Now for the whole story........

He opened fire, shooting one man in the chest, before Antu says an off duty sheriff's deputy who was working security at the theater shot him once.

There is a hell of a lot of difference with a paid police officer working security and a bunch of theater folks pulling their weapons and shooting. Your Clint Eastwood fantasy has yet to be proven in 30 years of mass murders.....and some of these have been in conceal and carry, and in the case of AZ open carry......Nada T.......I am still waiting for your Clint Eastwood example.....but 0 for 30 as discussed last night on the Ed Schultz show....who happens to be a rabid hunter.....is just fantasy.....

A theater full of folks shooting guns sounds like more guns is the answer, but the truth is less guns are the answer.....and gun safety requires the same.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Just for the record, I'll all for the Southern Baptists and the Pentacostalistas being allowed to carry in church.

"....ya don't gotta be baptized to be saved...!!!!"

"...shut up jake, ever body knows your (sic) a heritical old coot..."

"....whateryousayin' loyd....i'm a charter member of the first antioc fire baptized olive mount church...!!!!"

"...so what ya danged old fool..."

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.......BANG....BANG.

Load 'um up boys and rush 'um over to Brownsville...Steve Hill can heal 'um up goodern new.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum