Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegal immigrant gets kidney

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 4:42 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-illegal-immigrant-kidney-transplant-20121209,0,3537821.story

2seaoat

What a positive story. I wish him well.

Jake92

Damn.. I think ANY business or organization that employs or treats ILLEGAL aliens should NOT get 1 cent in government money.. He's been living here for years and had his chance to become a citizen but has stayed ILLEGAL.. I wonder WHY him and his mommy never took the steps to become legal.. How many tax dollars were never collected from either of them?? We need new politicians in DC to stop this type of bullshit NOW.... It's NOT Obama, it's every one of them that allows it and covers for the others..

2seaoat

Jake......tell me how a child brought here at 1 year of age becomes a citizen? You seem to have some strong opinions about how easy it is for that person to become a citizen......but how would you like to get picked up in the only country you have known since you were a child, and taken to a country you know absolutely nothing about.......oh.....if he would only walk into the door at Immigration.....he would do the right thing.....expose himself to deportation.

We had a great leader in Ronald Reagan.....who solved injustice and prejudice......it is time for another great leader.

If you aren't able to appreciate the affect that an ineffective border and large number of illegal aliens has on our country... perhaps you should consider the plight of those victims of human trafficking or the benefit to the criminal organizations that there is such a market.

There has to be some antidote to the enlightened apathy and faux tolerance... or is the indoctrination complete?

2seaoat

There has to be some antidote to the enlightened apathy and faux tolerance... or is the indoctrination complete?

I do not understand what you are suggesting.....but a 1 year old child has no politics, it is not about politics at all. It is about common sense. It is time to address illegal immigration in this country, and to fix most of the problem. To make this 22 year old young man something which is political is absurd.....he was a 1 year old child when he came to this country, and we need to give him a path to citizenship.....not because it is good for him......but because it is good for America.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Jake......tell me how a child brought here at 1 year of age becomes a citizen? You seem to have some strong opinions about how easy it is for that person to become a citizen......but how would you like to get picked up in the only country you have known since you were a child, and taken to a country you know absolutely nothing about.......oh.....if he would only walk into the door at Immigration.....he would do the right thing.....expose himself to deportation.

We had a great leader in Ronald Reagan.....who solved injustice and prejudice......it is time for another great leader.

Ronald Reagan was a great leader? What are you smoking? Ronald Reagan ushered in the era of boom & bust that has dogged us for decades. And of course he knew nothing, I tell you, nothing about Iran/Contra...just ask Ollie North. I mean really, Seaoat, get a grip.

And in the other thread you want to give Bush a pass? For being a patsy? Because, no matter how much certain people want to let Bush off the hook, he set the course...you know, the one we had to "stay"? I am so sick of hearing how Republicans are going to fix the country. You can't be beholden to big business, particularly war-related big business, and serve the public at the same time. Not going to happen. We have a small window of opportunity here and now to turn off the war machine so our children and grandchildren have a fighting chance to live in a world without war. If we don't succeed in turning it off...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Was it one of YOUR kidneys? Because kidney transplants have to have a donor...and there are compatibility issues. Why do you care that someone living here as you term "illegally" has something done for them that might save their life? I have to say, a friend of mine recently donated one of her kidneys to her mother. They had to be a match. I can't applaud her courage enough...there are no words for that kind of devotion. Please have a heart and stop hating people because they have something you don't.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:There has to be some antidote to the enlightened apathy and faux tolerance... or is the indoctrination complete?

I do not understand what you are suggesting.....but a 1 year old child has no politics, it is not about politics at all. It is about common sense. It is time to address illegal immigration in this country, and to fix most of the problem. To make this 22 year old young man something which is political is absurd.....he was a 1 year old child when he came to this country, and we need to give him a path to citizenship.....not because it is good for him......but because it is good for America.

Dang...you're really sounding like a commie now.

10Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 7:59 pm

2seaoat wrote:There has to be some antidote to the enlightened apathy and faux tolerance... or is the indoctrination complete?

We have a path to citizenship, thousands of people take that path every year. Granted it takes a while but it can still be done if one chooses to do it.

11Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 9:10 pm

I'm glad another human being got a chance to have a better life-illegal or not.
Good for him!

12Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 10:17 pm

Jake92

I agree it's good that he has a chance for a full life now, but he's had 21 years to become a citizen.. Others do it LEGALY and pay taxes.. I wonder if the school system gave him everything other children couldn't get?? I wonder how much aid mommy got and from whom?? How much did they cost the working taxpayers?? If Mommy had a job, did the employer pay social security and withhold taxes and send the money withheld to the IRS?? Millions of people have become legal citizens and contributed to the country while others have done nothing but take take take without paying a penny..

13Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 10:50 pm

2seaoat

Millions of people have become legal citizens and contributed to the country while others have done nothing but take take take without paying a penny..

Again, are you familiar how an illegal child can become a citizen? Please tell me what must be done by a one year old who now wants to become a citizen? Did you listen to the Republican debates? Leave the country and wait in line, or join the military? Which would you choose......and which would you choose if you were gravely ill and needed a new kidney?

I will agree with anyone on this forum about making our borders more secure. I will agree with anyone on this forum about making every guest in this country have a gps guest card which gives location of the guest 24/7 365........but illegal immigrants who are now in this country.....let us fix this mess by steep penalties, required english proficiency, citizenship classes, and a five year path to citzenship without leaving the country. It is past the time where hate and prejudice guide our policy, rather let's have people paying steep penalties for crossing our border, and make our borders secure.

14Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 10:56 pm

Jake92 wrote:I agree it's good that he has a chance for a full life now, but he's had 21 years to become a citizen.. Others do it LEGALY and pay taxes.. I wonder if the school system gave him everything other children couldn't get?? I wonder how much aid mommy got and from whom?? How much did they cost the working taxpayers?? If Mommy had a job, did the employer pay social security and withhold taxes and send the money withheld to the IRS?? Millions of people have become legal citizens and contributed to the country while others have done nothing but take take take without paying a penny..

And how did that affect you personally? Did you lose anything? Illegal aliens can't get welfare or food stamps so MYOB!

15Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 11:19 pm

Jake92

Yeah right, HOW can they get a drivers license without being a citizen and showing a birth certificate?? How can they get insurance on a car without a drivers license?? They can get food stamps by trading $20 worth of pot for $40-50 in food stamps. I've seen it in grocery stores.. I was in Sacred Heart hospital when a non English speaking patient was told what drug store to go to for free medications.. The nurse that told the patient could speak the same language as the patient.. My father was a patient in the same room..

All I want is for them to become citizens and pay taxes like most of the other people in this country do, NOT take take take without contributing for what they are given..

I agree they should get on a 5 or 10 yr path to citizenszhip without leaving the country if they are already here.. They can forget about joining the military unless they join in their own country ie; Puerto Rico, Guam, or other territories or countries that allow their citizens to join our military. YES, we have active duty sailors from various countries in Africa, Europe, South America, and Asia in the Navy right at NAS.. They just can NOT get a security clearance until they become a citizen.. Right now, only 20% of US citizens between 17 and 30 yrs old are acceptable to join the military..

Last edited by Jake92 on 12/8/2012, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 11:27 pm

2seaoat

my experience has been to witness illegals who are using a ss number which is not theirs......work thirty years and never get a dime of your social security......yep there are examples of folks getting something for nothing....yep their are examples of folks paying into the system who never see a dime of their money.....yep we encourage lawlessness by the non recognition of their illegal status......in the end the solution is simple. Fix our borders and offer a path to citizenship. Reagan's only failure in immigration reform was failure as a prerequisite to enhance our border security. Right now the lowest number of illegal immigrants are entering this country since the same has been monitored......it is way pass the time for a path to citizenship.....make them pay steep penalties.......make sure that criminals do not have a path, and let's collect taxes and make things legal once again in this great country.

17Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 11:45 pm

Jake92

I agree Seaoat. The biggest bitch I have is they are ILLEGALY in this country and many of them are getting benefits they never earned and never paid a penny in taxes.. Many of them make money by working in various jobs ie; construction, agriculture, and many other industries without paying income taxes.. How many are in the Escambia County school system? How many are in various colleges?? How many get medical care at various hospital emergency rooms or urgent care, then pay with a bad check which the hospital writes off?? That adds to my bill as well as yours every time you are seen at the hospital for lab, x-ray, or any other care..

Just become citizens and pay taxes and I'll welcome them with open arms..

18Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 11:51 pm

2seaoat wrote:Millions of people have become legal citizens and contributed to the country while others have done nothing but take take take without paying a penny..

Again, are you familiar how an illegal child can become a citizen? Please tell me what must be done by a one year old who now wants to become a citizen? Did you listen to the Republican debates? Leave the country and wait in line, or join the military? Which would you choose......and which would you choose if you were gravely ill and needed a new kidney?

I will agree with anyone on this forum about making our borders more secure. I will agree with anyone on this forum about making every guest in this country have a gps guest card which gives location of the guest 24/7 365........but illegal immigrants who are now in this country.....let us fix this mess by steep penalties, required english proficiency, citizenship classes, and a five year path to citzenship without leaving the country. It is past the time where hate and prejudice guide our policy, rather let's have people paying steep penalties for crossing our border, and make our borders secure.

What would be the punishment if they did not comply with your rules? There is no steep penalty now and they do not comply with the rules.... so your great idea is to add a steep penalty. This may sound nuts but now that we have had Obamacare shoved down out throats I say to hell with it, give them all American Citizenship put a damn kiosk on the boarder and charge $9.99 because we are going to need more tax payers to pay for the limp, lame, and lazy of America. Lets face facts they will not learn english, they will not pay a steep penalty, they will not attend a citizenship class, and they damn sure will not wait 5 years and follow the law and after all why the hell should they. They get free healthcare now, they can go to college, their kids can go to school free, and most importantly they pay NO taxes. No reason for them to try and become a citizen. You want something with teeth, fine employers who hire and use illegal aliens $500,000 per illegal and actually enforce it. Again with facing facts, America will not run day to day operations without illegal aliens because our own citizens are to damn pathetic and choose not to work, then again why should they when having Uncle Sam take care of you is so much easier. Hence we need more tax payers.

19Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/8/2012, 11:59 pm

2seaoat wrote:my experience has been to witness illegals who are using a ss number which is not theirs......work thirty years and never get a dime of your social security......yep there are examples of folks getting something for nothing....yep their are examples of folks paying into the system who never see a dime of their money.....yep we encourage lawlessness by the non recognition of their illegal status......in the end the solution is simple. Fix our borders and offer a path to citizenship. Reagan's only failure in immigration reform was failure as a prerequisite to enhance our border security. Right now the lowest number of illegal immigrants are entering this country since the same has been monitored......it is way pass the time for a path to citizenship.....make them pay steep penalties.......make sure that criminals do not have a path, and let's collect taxes and make things legal once again in this great country.

Once again "We have a path to citizenship, thousands of people take that path every year."

20Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/9/2012, 12:23 am

Jake92 wrote:Yeah right, HOW can they get a drivers license without being a citizen and showing a birth certificate?? How can they get insurance on a car without a drivers license?? They can get food stamps by trading $20 worth of pot for $40-50 in food stamps. I've seen it in grocery stores.. I was in Sacred Heart hospital when a non English speaking patient was told what drug store to go to for free medications.. The nurse that told the patient could speak the same language as the patient.. My father was a patient in the same room..

All I want is for them to become citizens and pay taxes like most of the other people in this country do, NOT take take take without contributing for what they are given..

I agree they should get on a 5 or 10 yr path to citizenszhip without leaving the country if they are already here.. They can forget about joining the military unless they join in their own country ie; Puerto Rico, Guam, or other territories or countries that allow their citizens to join our military. YES, we have active duty sailors from various countries in Africa, Europe, South America, and Asia in the Navy right at NAS.. They just can NOT get a security clearance until they become a citizen.. Right now, only 20% of US citizens between 17 and 30 yrs old are acceptable to join the military..

What is it they are given? What is your beef that they get? Free medications that everybody who is poor gets?

21Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/9/2012, 1:15 am

2seaoat

There is no path to citizenship now for an illegal.....without exposing the same person to deportation.....so this idea that they have a path is absurd.

Amnesty proposed by President Reagan was a great success, except it failed to make our borders more secure. Our borders are much better than they were 20 years ago, but we need to give the path.....now. You do not think an illegal will not pay a five thousand dollar fine over five years......you are wrong.......you think that a person will not take a required course.....you are wrong. I was partially involved in the first amnesty program, and I can tell you 100% of the folks I knew who became american citizens took every required step, and have become productive American citizens. The solution is simple......the myth, prejudice, and stupidity is not in short supply, but intelligence is spreading in this country.......the opponents to a path to citizenship will find a rock to return to where they can hide and find pleasure in bringing misery to as many folks as they can....but they are losing their voice in national politics.

22Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/9/2012, 2:23 am

2seaoat wrote:There is no path to citizenship now for an illegal.....without exposing the same person to deportation.....so this idea that they have a path is absurd.

Amnesty proposed by President Reagan was a great success, except it failed to make our borders more secure. Our borders are much better than they were 20 years ago, but we need to give the path.....now. You do not think an illegal will not pay a five thousand dollar fine over five years......you are wrong.......you think that a person will not take a required course.....you are wrong. I was partially involved in the first amnesty program, and I can tell you 100% of the folks I knew who became american citizens took every required step, and have become productive American citizens. The solution is simple......the myth, prejudice, and stupidity is not in short supply, but intelligence is spreading in this country.......the opponents to a path to citizenship will find a rock to return to where they can hide and find pleasure in bringing misery to as many folks as they can....but they are losing their voice in national politics.

I'm beginning to notice a trend with you. Your one of "Those" guys, you know the guy. For every story he has a better one, he has done it all, he has seen it all, he is always the guy with the answer. I know I know you got a plan, amnesty, steep fines, citizen classes, blah blah blah, you sound like a broken old republican elitist record. No I do not think an illegal would pay a $5000 fine over five years and no they would not take a citizenship class because we would not enforce it and they know it. Bottom line your plan or anyone's plan will not work without real consequences and active enforcement. Go to the root of the problem, unscrupulous employers who would rather hire cheap illegal workers than legal workers. That will never happen, immigration reform will never happen. It is a political football kicked by idiots pandering for a vote. America needs illegal immigrants to do the work our limp, lame, and lazy will not do and we are content keeping them in the shadows. Your plan is proof of that. Otherwise open the borders, let them all in, give them social security numbers and be done with it.

Amnesty proposed by Reagan was not considered a success if it was a success it would still be here today. The affirmative defense clause removed sanctions against employers thereby making the bill ineffective. Obama's plan is not much different than Reagans plan. So one has to ask if Reagans plan was "great success" then why is Obama trying to do pretty much the exact same thing? How many more times are we going to play these stupid games thinking it will work. Blanket amnesty, open borders, Kiosk at the border, get a social security number and send them on their way. Welcome to America now pay your taxes!!!

23Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/9/2012, 8:34 am

2seaoat

Once every 25 years.......that equals a kiosk on the border....really? Hyperbole and dogma do not make for policy.....theatrics on Shawn Henessey, but divorced from reality. We offer amnesty for folks who fail to pay taxes.....not because we are after the fact approving of the behavior....no because we want the revenue, and the smart thing is to offer amnesty. However, when we try to do the same smart thing once every 25 years, and somebody actually will say that we have a kiosk at the border.

The fact remains that we have the lowest infiltration of illegals at our borders in over 40 years. That we have put resources on the border, and it is more difficult than ever for folks to come over from Mexico.....but as usual nothing is said about the overstay of visas......which percentage wise is growing faster than folks crossing our borders illegally......but those folks are not mexicans.

In regard to me coming up with some know it all answers.....well yes.....I can parrot bipartisan solutions which have been front and center for the last 10 years, but if you have not listened.....I am not surprised. Probably listening to Fox drum up hate and prejudice.....nothing new.

24Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/9/2012, 11:23 am

alecto wrote:
2seaoat wrote:There is no path to citizenship now for an illegal.....without exposing the same person to deportation.....so this idea that they have a path is absurd.

I'm beginning to notice a trend with you. Your one of "Those" guys, you know the guy. For every story he has a better one, he has done it all, he has seen it all, he is always the guy with the answer. I know I know you got a plan, amnesty, steep fines, citizen classes, blah blah blah, you sound like a broken old republican elitist record. No I do not think an illegal would pay a $5000 fine over five years and no they would not take a citizenship class because we would not enforce it and they know it. Bottom line your plan or anyone's plan will not work without real consequences and active enforcement. Go to the root of the problem, unscrupulous employers who would rather hire cheap illegal workers than legal workers. That will never happen, immigration reform will never happen. It is a political football kicked by idiots pandering for a vote. America needs illegal immigrants to do the work our limp, lame, and lazy will not do and we are content keeping them in the shadows. Your plan is proof of that. Otherwise open the borders, let them all in, give them social security numbers and be done with it.

Amnesty proposed by Reagan was not considered a success if it was a success it would still be here today. The affirmative defense clause removed sanctions against employers thereby making the bill ineffective. Obama's plan is not much different than Reagans plan. So one has to ask if Reagans plan was "great success" then why is Obama trying to do pretty much the exact same thing? How many more times are we going to play these stupid games thinking it will work. Blanket amnesty, open borders, Kiosk at the border, get a social security number and send them on their way. Welcome to America now pay your taxes!!!

What are real consequences and active enforcement,Alecto? Jailing or deporting 11 or 12 million people? Really?

25Illegal immigrant gets kidney Empty Re: Illegal immigrant gets kidney 12/9/2012, 11:37 am

Dreamsglore wrote:
What are real consequences and active enforcement,Alecto? Jailing or deporting 11 or 12 million people? Really?

That is the point. We can not jail or deport 20 million people so how can we make 20 million people pay a penalty or take a class when those people know we will not enforce our own laws. So how many times do we offer amnesty? The first time we offered it 3 million people became citizens, great. This time we offer it 20 million people become citizens, great. The next time we offer it 100 million become citizens. So why waste all this time passing laws we will not enforce? Why waste the time with political posturing and empty promises? Just open the damn border, give them social security numbers, give the ones that are here social security numbers and be done with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum