Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We need to be more efficient with delivery of medical care

+2
othershoe1030
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

My mother slipped and fell in the bathtub. She went to one hospital where they drilled holes in her skull and released the pressure from bleeding, and then she was transferred to another hospital which specialized in head injuries. The funniest thing I ever saw was her doctor talking to her at dinner, and he wanted her to sit up and give her an exam......the nurse removes the food tray from the support, and the doctor flips the support over and on the back side is this large sticker advertising a law firm who does injury law......I thought the doctor was going to crap in his pants he was so angry. The truth is that some law firm had a runner at that hospital.....somebody who reports back to the firm people who have had injuries which were caused by somebody else. It could have been anybody on staff, but had my mother not slipped and fell, but rather was in a auto accident .......you can bet that she would have received mailings.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey that system IBM sold to the Nazis is probably still available...just a little tattoo and the hospital can track you from the time you enter the front door until they throw your corpse in a meat wagon out back.....

Jake92 wrote:It's very possible they got it from another patient that was in the same room or from one of their visitors.. Maybe one of the nurses aids opened their mouth in casual talk at lunch or dinner and just mentioned a room # or something and it would be easy to get the needed info from there.. I have no idea..

Well, talking from experience,it's very difficult to sue a hospital for mistakes.My mother's esophagus was punctured during a routine test which caused her to get sepsis. She almost died and was in intensive care for a long time. We got a medical malpractice lawyer who said it was very difficult to prove mistakes as the Dr. and hospital will lie We had to hire an independent Dr.to review the charts and the costs involved were astronomical. The Dr. clearly messed up but there were few lawyers who wouldn't take the case due to the costs involved if they went to trial and lost. She ended up settling w/ the hospital but no lawyer worth his salt can tell you it's an open and shut case. Hospitals get a lot of leeway in making mistakes.

2seaoat wrote:My mother slipped and fell in the bathtub. She went to one hospital where they drilled holes in her skull and released the pressure from bleeding, and then she was transferred to another hospital which specialized in head injuries. The funniest thing I ever saw was her doctor talking to her at dinner, and he wanted her to sit up and give her an exam......the nurse removes the food tray from the support, and the doctor flips the support over and on the back side is this large sticker advertising a law firm who does injury law......I thought the doctor was going to crap in his pants he was so angry. The truth is that some law firm had a runner at that hospital.....somebody who reports back to the firm people who have had injuries which were caused by somebody else. It could have been anybody on staff, but had my mother not slipped and fell, but rather was in a auto accident .......you can bet that she would have received mailings.

I'm skeptical of that due to the HIPPA laws but not saying it couldn't happen. The runner would have to sit in the ER talking to patients to get that info.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

It's all a scam. They want you to save for your retirement. Then when you retire, you get sick and give all your retirement money to the medical system and insurance companies.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

One of the founders of Atlas MD was interviewed on WUWF this morning. The name Atlas comes from the Atlas Shrugged novel as these docs lean libertarian.

Taking no insurance payments has allowed them to discard dealing with the insurance companies. He said there are three people in their office, two doctors and one nurse. They limit their practice to 500 patients.

They make house calls and answer cell phones on the weekends and after office hours. People who belong to this group take out catastrophic insurance plans and end up saving a lot of money.

Wouldn't this option improve the current system? From the Atlas MD site.

Hello and thank you for visiting our site. If you’re looking for healthcare made simple and affordable, you have found the right place.

We are a unique type of doctors office that does NOT take insurance which is what allows us to take such great care of you and your family.

We operate on a monthly membership model that is based only on your age. For your membership fee each month, you get unlimited number of home, work, office and technology visits with out any copay’s.

Also, any procedure we can do in the office is complimentary and we offer significant discounts on medications and lab tests for our patients.

Call or email us today to learn how we may be able to help your family or your business.

http://www.atlas.md

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

check this out: http://www.atlas.md

The idea of a private pay only doctors office with house calls and unlimited office visits for $50/month for younger people, top price $100/month for people 65 and over. No government involvement. Just buy catastrophic coverage for the big stuff. Saves everybody money, well except for the insurance companies. Guess they aren't crazy about it.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:check this out: http://www.atlas.md

The idea of a private pay only doctors office with house calls and unlimited office visits for $50/month for younger people, top price $100/month for people 65 and over. No government involvement. Just buy catastrophic coverage for the big stuff. Saves everybody money, well except for the insurance companies. Guess they aren't crazy about it.

It is a shame that they'll be toast after ObamaCare takes over.

Who said you could keep or chose your own doctor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum