Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Camp Fires

+2
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Camp Fires Empty Camp Fires 11/17/2012, 11:14 pm

Something about this time of year when it's cold. Love sitting by a campfire just watching the flames. anyways just had a nice nap by the campfire and thought I'd share.

2Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/17/2012, 11:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

alecto wrote:Something about this time of year when it's cold. Love sitting by a campfire just watching the flames. anyways just had a nice nap by the campfire and thought I'd share.

Glad you enjoyed it.

3Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/17/2012, 11:16 pm

2seaoat

Few things are better than the warmth of a fire and quiet conversation.

4Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/17/2012, 11:20 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I had a load of firewood delivered the other day and started our first fire for this season...inside the house. So it was not a campfire. But true, there is no warm like a fire warm. And there is something about starting a fire and getting it going that is peaceful. Even if I do use a half dozen matches, a fire starter and an entire Sunday newspaper to start it with...

5Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/17/2012, 11:43 pm

2seaoat

In my younger years I would camp without a tent and by a fire in Canada north of Toronto......in mid September.....just enough chill in the air to make one appreciate that fire.....I always found that fires and conversation created a calm which is hard to match.

6Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/18/2012, 12:43 am

Yella

Yella

alecto wrote:Something about this time of year when it's cold. Love sitting by a campfire just watching the flames. anyways just had a nice nap by the campfire and thought I'd share.

I had a fie pit in my backyard once that was really nice during the cold months
I went to a truck yard and got an old truck tire wheel that was no longer usable due to a crack, then I dug a hole about 4 inches deep and set the wheel in it, Next was two rows of bricks around the wheel to catch sparks. When the fire gets going the heat radiates outward and it is really nice.
I think staring at a fire goes straight to our reptilian brains and we are mentally tranquilized by them.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

7Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/18/2012, 12:45 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yella wrote:

I had a fie pit in my backyard once that was really nice during the cold months
I went to a truck yard and got an old truck tire wheel that was no longer usable due to a crack, then I dug a hole about 4 inches deep and set the wheel in it, Next was two rows of bricks around the wheel to catch sparks. When the fire gets going the heat radiates outward and it is really nice.
I think staring at a fire goes straight to our reptilian brains and we are mentally tranquilized by them.

I think you're right.

8Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/18/2012, 1:41 am

Great topic... I have just came home from a dinner get together at one of our forum members house. They have a outdoor chimaera that is really nice. Eric can really get it roaring. It was great to visit with others and just talk and enjoy their company ..Some of the guests were non forum members so we were not able to work out the details on creating havoc and mayhem on the forum. Maybe next time. Eric and his wife scored another Culinary Masterpiece with some Excellent prime rib steaks, roasted vegetables, pear salad, and a great lettuce based toss salad. A great time was had by all of us, the cool weather and the fire was really nice. Thanks Eric and your wife for a great night.........

9Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/18/2012, 11:00 am

Bluebonnet

Nothing better than staring at flames outdoors and poking around a little with a big stick. I remember as a kid when we would camp whenever my dad found a good spot, usually next to an icy mountain river. The first job the little kids had was to collect dry kindling. A fire after wading through a snowmelt stream was as good as it gets.

Now camping has more regulations than the tax code, and you feel freer spending the night in your neighbor's garage.

Fake log with fake colors, making fake crackle sounds with fake rugged individualists hunched over fake hot dogs.

"Pull onto slap #214. Here is your brochure about WiFi and the laundromat. And remember, no fires or tents allowed!"

(Good to hear some of our forumites had a good BBQ."

10Camp Fires Empty Re: Camp Fires 11/18/2012, 12:55 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Fireplaces are polluting and give off toxic fumes. The combustion byproducts are full of carcinogens (PAHs).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum