Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for MarginCall

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question for MarginCall Empty Question for MarginCall 11/15/2012, 11:38 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Do you regularly use any studies in ThinkorSwim when you're trading? If so, which ones? So far I have only really used simple moving averages and MarketForecast cycle study.

Question for MarginCall LRczj

2Question for MarginCall Empty Re: Question for MarginCall 11/15/2012, 11:49 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

boards of FL wrote:Do you regularly use any studies in ThinkorSwim when you're trading? If so, which ones? So far I have only really used simple moving averages and MarketForecast cycle study.

Question for MarginCall LRczj

10, 20, 50,200 Simple MA on Daily/Weekly charts. Pivot Points on 15minute intraday. I watch the NYSE TICK, gold, dollar index and oil.

I used to use far too many studies and needed a lot of screen real estate: Ichimoku clouds, RSI, MACD, Etc.

Keeping it simple works better for me. I can see everything I need to on a laptop.

Question for MarginCall Captur12

3Question for MarginCall Empty Re: Question for MarginCall 11/15/2012, 11:49 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

How well does the market forecast work?

4Question for MarginCall Empty Re: Question for MarginCall 11/15/2012, 12:06 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Margin Call wrote:How well does the market forecast work?

I'm still relatively new to using studies so I'm not the best judge, but it seems to work fairly well and is easy to use. You basically have three plots that are showing you movement over the near, intermediate, and long term, and you're simply looking for them all to reverse at roughly the same time in ether the top (selling indicator) or the bottom (buying indicator) of the chart.

5Question for MarginCall Empty Re: Question for MarginCall 11/15/2012, 2:26 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Warren Buffet said in a television interview which aired today that he's in favor increasing the capital gains tax rate from 15% to a whopping 30%.
Jesus, does that senile old goat think everyone who pays capital gains tax is a billionaire like him and Romney?

6Question for MarginCall Empty Re: Question for MarginCall 11/15/2012, 9:58 pm

NaNook

NaNook

boards of FL wrote:
Margin Call wrote:How well does the market forecast work?

I'm still relatively new to using studies so I'm not the best judge, but it seems to work fairly well and is easy to use. You basically have three plots that are showing you movement over the near, intermediate, and long term, and you're simply looking for them all to reverse at roughly the same time in ether the top (selling indicator) or the bottom (buying indicator) of the chart.

Boards, No Offense, but the owner of the largest HF trading platform said they need you. I wonder why? They are trading millions of shares for 1/10 a cent. They trade those millions of shares every Obama Accepted SECOND...

Look to the laws...Frank/Dodd,,,,,

See the law.....?

7Question for MarginCall Empty Re: Question for MarginCall 11/20/2012, 12:54 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ditched the MarketForce study and am now using the ElderRay and AccelerationBands. Started using the Strategies feature as well and currently have KeyRevLE declared as the entry strategy and just a simple profit target as the exit. Not sure if you use the strategies or not, but they are great because you can generate a report over any time frame that shows the P/L given the entry and exist strategy indicators that you select.

Question for MarginCall S6L8T

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum