Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This painting just sold for $75 million at auction. Someone please explain to me why.

+5
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Yella
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:A B-17 just flew over my house.

there has been a stake truck circling the city all morning with a load of collards on board. Are you sure it was a B-17?
haha. yea I saw it in the air earlier when I was doing yard sales too. It's out at the airport giving rides for 450 clams per person.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

See. I told you that fools and their money are soon parted.

I bet those people paying for that ride have a few over-priced crappy Kinkaid prints hanging in their living room.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

It would be hard to miss because it's probably 9' tall. If you visited the Rothko Chapel in Houston you would understand the meditative quality of these paintings. It's surely not the same as staring at white space. (That was funny, tho, Bob!)
I dunno. What if that white space was 20 ft tall? Those old drive-in theater screens sure got my attention even when no movie was showing on em. lol

Ah...memories. The frat house where I hung out in college was next door to the local drive-in. All that was needed was a platform high enough to see over the privacy fence.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

W_T_M wrote:
Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

there has been a stake truck circling the city all morning with a load of collards on board. Are you sure it was a B-17?
haha. yea I saw it in the air earlier when I was doing yard sales too. It's out at the airport giving rides for 450 clams per person.

I bet those people paying for that ride have a few over-priced crappy Kinkaid prints hanging in their living room.

If you ever meed my sister, don't tell her what you think of Kincaid. LOL

Floridatexan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

He was a pasteurized purveyor of hackneyed, trite, overly sentimental candy box covers cranked out in obscene production numbers that sold like bread to a starving person with the only taste they had being in their dying mouth.

His death brought a sigh of relief to greeting card illustrators the world over. The only remorse I felt at his passing was that he relapsed and died a drunk.

Is that too harsh...?..Smile

Last edited by W_T_M on 11/17/2012, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

He was "America's most-collected living artist".

Joanimaroni wrote:He was "America's most-collected living artist".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Pedestrian crap always rules in volume. That doesn't make it good.

McDonald's serves more than 69 million customers every day.

Try again stalker...

Yella

Yella

Floridatexan wrote:
Yella wrote:I have always admired Picasso. I found this Picasso story.

Can this be true? Picasso went into a car dealership to buy a new car. Cost was $25,000. He wrote out a check for that amount, then turned the check over and drew a sketch on the back. Then he told the dealership that the drawing on the back was worth $25,000, but if the dealer actually cashed the check, he would lose the valuable Picasso drawing. (So, the dealer could frame the check and hang it on the wall and claim he had a Picasso worth $25,000, or he could take it to the bank.) The story I heard never explained what the dealer did.

The stories I heard identified Picasso as a narcissist.

His ego, if it could be measured would be in the neighborhood of sixty-eleven feet tall.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella

Yella

Yella wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Yella wrote:I have always admired Picasso. I found this Picasso story.

Can this be true? Picasso went into a car dealership to buy a new car. Cost was $25,000. He wrote out a check for that amount, then turned the check over and drew a sketch on the back. Then he told the dealership that the drawing on the back was worth $25,000, but if the dealer actually cashed the check, he would lose the valuable Picasso drawing. (So, the dealer could frame the check and hang it on the wall and claim he had a Picasso worth $25,000, or he could take it to the bank.) The story I heard never explained what the dealer did.

The stories I heard identified Picasso as a narcissist.

His ego, if it could be measured would be in the neighborhood of sixty-eleven feet tall.

I thought of him like this:

"Pablo"

Picasso laughed when people stared
then gave them what he loved
the worse it was the better it got
the more he pushed the more they shoved
Picasso laughed at what they thought
line and form were all he sought
his colors moved his strokes bizarre
his mind was strange and from afar

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Markle

Markle

W_T_M wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

He was a pasteurized purveyor of hackneyed, trite, overly sentimental candy box covers cranked out in obscene production numbers that sold like bread to a starving person with the only taste they had being in their dying mouth.

His death brought a sigh of relief to greeting card illustrators the world over. The only remorse I felt at his passing was that he relapsed and died a drunk.

Is that too harsh...?..Smile

What was the purpose?

Many quality reproductions of fine art, especially oil paintings, are produced overseas and available in the market via online auction sites. Make sure that the quality of the work has not suffered. If you want to buy genuine fine art, I know auction houses, such as SaffronArt.com.
--

Bose Krishnamachari

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

W_T_M wrote:hackneyed, trite, overly sentimental candy box covers cranked out in obscene production numbers that sold like bread to a starving person with the only taste they had being in their dying mouth.

"You are trying to deal in absolutes discussing something that is purely subjective." lol

Last edited by Bob on 11/19/2012, 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I report, you decide.

Rothko

This painting just sold for $75 million at auction.  Someone please explain to me why. - Page 4 Mark-rothko-orange-red-yellow

Kincaid

This painting just sold for $75 million at auction.  Someone please explain to me why. - Page 4 Kinkade-san-francisco-lombard-street_760x570

BTW, that's Lombard St in San Francisco

This painting just sold for $75 million at auction.  Someone please explain to me why. - Page 4 Lombardstreet_864x576

sjumani123 wrote:Many quality reproductions of fine art, especially oil paintings, are produced overseas and available in the market via online auction sites. Make sure that the quality of the work has not suffered. If you want to buy genuine fine art, I know auction houses, such as SaffronArt.com.
--

Bose Krishnamachari

Thank you for the great link. I found a work of art that I like but it had already been sold. Thanks

[img]This painting just sold for $75 million at auction.  Someone please explain to me why. - Page 4 2dvs6ty[/img]

sjumani123 wrote:Many quality reproductions of fine art, especially oil paintings, are produced overseas and available in the market via online auction sites. Make sure that the quality of the work has not suffered. If you want to buy genuine fine art, I know auction houses, such as SaffronArt.com.
--

Bose Krishnamachari

Teo dosent need to worry about the CIA/NSA. We need to worry about what kind of damn Bot do they have that can pick out a obscure thread on a small local forum and place a piece of spam. Damn sure scary.

Bob wrote:I report, you decide.

Rothko

This painting just sold for $75 million at auction.  Someone please explain to me why. - Page 4 Mark-rothko-orange-red-yellow

Kincaid

This painting just sold for $75 million at auction.  Someone please explain to me why. - Page 4 Kinkade-san-francisco-lombard-street_760x570

BTW, that's Lombard St in San Francisco

This painting just sold for $75 million at auction.  Someone please explain to me why. - Page 4 Lombardstreet_864x576

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And on a different venue...

THIS JUST IN....(pun intended)

Justin Bieber wins AMA as Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist....

Bob....ya better run right out and get a couple of Bieber's horrible CD's to listen to while you stare at the kinkaid and eat a Big Mac.

in edit....

America is downright distraught over Bieber/Gomez breakup....?

Really....?

He's 18 yo. Find something else to ponder...he'll get over it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

W_T_M wrote:

And on a different venue...

THIS JUST IN....(pun intended)

Justin Bieber wins AMA as Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist....

Bob....ya better run right out and get a couple of Bieber's horrible CD's to listen to while you stare at the kinkaid and eat a Big Mac.

in edit....

America is downright distraught over Bieber/Gomez breakup....?

Really....?

He's 18 yo. Find something else to ponder...he'll get over it.

I could absolutely not agree more with every word of that.
I've been saying for years that the size of the audience/the amount of money being spent on any given music is NO indicator of it's excellence. Or lack thereof.
No different than is the case with Fox News or politicians or hamburgers OR ART. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

yella and I walked through the art festival. We were blown away by some of the things we saw. One in particular I don't even know how to describe and if yella is reading this he'll remember it as some artist from Georgia who had taken these old letters and other things and turned them into something that was truly remarkable to look at. I welled up with tears as I was taking it all in.
And very few people have now or will ever have any knowledge of what he's doing and he will never sell it in enough numbers to matter.
And that sort of adds to the appeal of it for me.

This painting just sold for $75 million at auction.  Someone please explain to me why. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF5RwT3NldNCbODCXLccirZAYEWlif3vNZcGrSEnu6D660CeBI

I think the thing we can take away from all of this is that diamonds can look like raisins and still be just as valuable in some peoples eyes.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfCQgfF5wI

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum