Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the least desireable part of town?

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
gulfbeachbandit
Nekochan
catfriedlegs
Hospital Bob
no stress
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

no stress

no stress

One of the po po's is pissed because Morgan demoted him to patrolman and put him in "the least desireable part of town". Where do you guys think it is? Not pissin' in hallmarks wheaties....but I'm guessin' westside. Sidenote: you have to cross your arms and scrunch up your fingers when you say westsayeeed!

no stress

no stress

W and Mass. Truman arms Montclaire area.

I'll take the open spaces on the West side anytime. Immorality Point Rocks!

You can have all the traffic on the East side that you want. Smile

no stress

no stress

I dont think that perdido key and innerarity are in the running even tho they are considered westside. Think low income , crime infested areas.

Wingfoot Way and Diamond Dairy Road is such a lovely place. Also East Ensley between University Blvd and Chemstrand Road. I agree that Montclair is lovely too.

Ever been to the "Stompin' Grounds" off Crescent Drive? Good place to get shot or stabbed.

Bob's area in Brownsville is "da best" too!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

Bob's area in Brownsville is "da best" too!
As long as you never make eye contact and you stay away from the area between Lynch St. and Cypress. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Diego Circle (off Massachusetts) is another place to avoid.

catfriedlegs

I rarely go to the westside. I prefer staying in my side of town, the northeast.

Lake Drive is bad.

There are some places in NE Pensacola that are becoming more ghetto. Look at Old Spanish Trail Road where that HUD housing is. Murders, people walking all over the place with their pitbulls, standing on the corner selling drugs. I feel sorry for the folks in those houses next to The Moorings. You have to believe that their property values went way down once that HUD housing got brought in.

Also the area behind Northcross Village is bad too.
I used to see prostitutes walking up and down Davis Highway near Northcross but that all got mostly cleaned up.
Still see the bums on Davis throwing signs.

Azadeh wrote:Lake Drive is bad.

Where is Lake Drive? Google maps couldn't find it...

catfriedlegs

Yomama wrote:
Azadeh wrote:Lake Drive is bad.

Where is Lake Drive? Google maps couldn't find it...

If you drive north on Chemstrand from 9 Mile Road and then turn left at Monsanto (what's the name of that darned road ---) you will pass Lake Drive on the right hand side probably a couple of miles or so driving west on that road by Monsanto. Or is it the other plant that starts with an "S". I can't remember its name either. UGH

I think you are referring to Old Chemstrand Road, Az. Old Chemstrand Road goes West from the plant to Hwy 29, Chemstrand Road goes South from the plant. It goes all the way to Hwy 29. We used to visit Spring Lake up that way when I was a Boy Scout. (I don't know if it is Spring Lake that Lake Dr. is associated with or not. I checked, it isn't.)

I had the Chemstrand Road names screwed up and changed the names to match Google maps. It's been a while since I have driven up thataway.

Last edited by Yomama on 6/27/2012, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't know the least desirable part of town but I do know that a very large portion of Pensacola looks run down. There was a time when my husband and I talked of retiring to Pensacola. But no more. We will likely still retire in Florida but I don't see us retiring in Pensacola unless Pensacola starts looking better when we visit. That said, I love Pensacola. I still consider it "home". When people ask me where I'm from I still tell them "Pensacola" even though I haven't lived there in some 20 years. It used to be that people familiar with Pensacola would smile and tell me how lucky I was to be from Pensacola. But not so much anymore. Pensacola is not the same town that I was born in and grew up in and I think it has a growing reputation for not being a great place to live. Last time I was in Jacksonville, FL, the subject of problems and crime in Jacksonville and Pensacola came up with friends there and they told me that they had been to Pensacola in recent years and it was not as nice of a town as it used to be. Now--this is coming from people who live in Jacksonville, FL, a city that wrote the book on crime and run down looking areas. All the rundown areas, the bums, the crime....it all just makes me sad. Sad

I'm sorry you feel that way, Neko. Life's too damn short to live in paranoia. There are probably bad places in every town in the land...

Pensacola is an old town. Old places are getting older. Areas you knew as bustling, like Brownsville and N. Pace Blvd. just don't look the same.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

diego circle. otherwise known as a welfare driven crack sale and use neighborhood. The only place in escambia where people don't lock their doors. Because theres nothing there to steal. It's all already been pawned for crack.

When I go to Austin Texas or even Joliet IL I realize what a p hole Pensacola has become. Pensacola used to be a fun fun city. I have always been very proud to say I was from Pensacola. I am not sure any more. My daughter used to live off Mulddon road. For awhile it was ok. then it turned into a very bad area. she sold out a a big loss and got to hell out Pensacola. My damn area seems to get worse every day. A new set of drug dealers have set up near the end of the street. Their old Crack house burned down today. Maybe they pissed someone off, Who Knows? There are 4 abandoned/foreclosed houses very near me. One is next door the others are directly across the street. My yard has flooded for 20 years after they rebuilt the road in front of my house. I could go on and on. I am tired of all the BS. Maybe I can figure away to leave one day. Then there will be 5 abandoned houses.LOL Ge-zus..............

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yomama wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way, Neko. Life's too damn short to live in paranoia. There are probably bad places in every town in the land...

Pensacola is an old town. Old places are getting older. Areas you knew as bustling, like Brownsville and N. Pace Blvd. just don't look the same.

Eric, I am not paranoid. I'm getting older and I just want to live in a decent place. Yes, there are bad places everywhere, in Huntsville AL too. But I've traveled around some (and I know you have too) and Pensacola is overall one of the most run down towns I have seen. When we retire someplace, I don't want to have to drive through a ghetto to go grocery shopping. There is "old" and then there is "run down and the people don't give a damn".

Hallmark, I grew up in Bellview, not far from Muldoon Road, and I know what you mean. My parents didn't have much and I guess our neighbors didn't have much either....but it was a good neighborhood with decent and honest people. My parents used to go shopping at the Pleezing store in Brownsville. Brownsville was a lower middle class area back then, but it was safe. Blacks and whites shopped together in Pleezing and I don't think any of us felt unsafe in that part of town. I don't remember daddy driving us through any part of Pensacola back then where he seemed wary to be there as if it wasn't safe.

Pensacola has just changed and it's not just because it's old.

Pleezing..... LOL I remember old J G Whitfield doing his radio show from the little glassed in studio. My friends father ran owned a bakery(jesses Bakery on O and Cervantes) he sold donuts and pastry to Pleezing. Sometimes I would go down and help them make the donuts and such. Thanks for the memory...................................Pleezing we have Cherry Pies, thats right cherry pies, better come on down and get one. Only 1.25 while they last....

I would say it's downtown at the courthouse ..

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I have lived on the west side for 22 years. I live near Avondale. Avondale is really declining. It started after Hurricane Katrina.

If we ever move from here it may be toward Walton or Holmes counties. We have looked out that way a little.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I moved to Seminole for about 7 years. I lived at the end of Hunting club road. I wish I could have stayed but things did not work out so I had to move back to Edgewater. I was very lucky to have a house to come back to so I aint complaining too much. But things have really went down hill sense I have owned the house.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Z, Walton County or someplace east of Pensacola...we've thought of that too. I love the Gulf Coast. Like I said, the area is "home" to me. But our kids (now, anyway) are in Northeast Florida. Of course, they're young and who knows if they'll stay there or if jobs or other obligations will take them elsewhere. But we have friends in that area of the state and we may end up in Clay County or St. John's County or someplace in that area. Jacksonville (Duval County) is a big no--too much crime and too much of why I don't want to live in Pensacola--just bigger and more of it in Jax. Plus the traffic isn't fun to get through there, either. But the surrounding counties around Jax are nice. The beaches are not as nice on the east coast but there is more to do there, within a 2 hour drive, then there is in Pensacola within a 2 hour drive.

boards of FL

boards of FL

My wife and I really like Destin as a possible place to live one day, though the traffic on 98 is terrible around 5:00pm. Completely locked up.

*edit: It feels so weird saying "my wife".

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:My wife and I really like Destin as a possible place to live one day, though the traffic on 98 is terrible around 5:00pm. Completely locked up.

*edit: It feels so weird saying "my wife".
I was just going to say how much I like your term "My wife and I"!

polecat

polecat

Cordova Park

I like it out at the Perdido Bay Country Club Estates.

"Estates" is a misnomer... my lot is 60' wide, but it has a great view of the golf course and I like the neighbors. My house was built in the 1970's and may be the most run-down one on the block. It is a short drive to grocery stores, no slummy areas or crack houses along the way, the beach is close and there are plenty of parks nearby. We're going to sell this Hoover house and retire to P'cola soon.

Neko, I am sorry if I offended you. I shoulda picked my words better. Good luck in your hunt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum