Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Westside Banks

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Westside Banks Empty Westside Banks 11/4/2012, 3:20 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Are there any smaller local banks (if any are left) on the West side towards the Key?

2Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/4/2012, 3:35 pm

2seaoat

smaller.....local banks...........I would bet you could find one of those right after Hallmark sees a California Condor off Navy Point. If by chance....one actually exists.....they will not lend money, and they will soon be taken over by a too big to fail bank.

3Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/4/2012, 3:51 pm

surfnrg wrote:Are there any smaller local banks (if any are left) on the West side towards the Key?

It is not out towards the Key, but Bank of the South on Fairfield is a small local bank. They only have 2 locations, those being Fairfield and Pensacola Beach.

4Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/5/2012, 2:17 pm

Warrington Bank rWestside Banks Photo_main

banking needs of the residents of the Warrington community and the growing numbers of military personnel aboard NAS Pensacola. Located in Southwest Escambia County The Warrington Bank is the oldest, locally-owned bank in Pensacola, Florida, and ranked among the safest banks in the state of Florida.

As an alternative to the large, downtown banks, The Warrington Bank offers Pensacola residents a comfortable option for traditional banking. Our Officers and Staff are friendly and willing to assist you with all of your banking needs. Customer service is our trademark and our banking products are among the lowest-priced in the area. We pride ourselves on courteous, personalized service and are now serving several generations of our original customers' families.
Main Office

Address

4093 Barrancas Ave. Pensacola, FL 32507
Phone (850) 455-7351
Fax (850) 456-9959
Lobby Hours Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Drive-Thru Hours Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

[ map ]

Perdido Branch

Address

13330 Sorrento Rd. Pensacola, FL 32
Phone (850) 492-3405
Fax (850) 492-3406
Lobby Hours Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Drive-Thru Hours Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

With two convenient locations in Pensacola, Florida, we are ready and willing to help you with your banking needs. Call or visit one of our offices and let us become your bank today.

To view our Privacy Statement please click here, if you are interested in our internet Security Policies you can find them here

5Westside Banks Empty Got it 11/5/2012, 4:45 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Going over this week, Thanks Hallmark!

6Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/5/2012, 5:00 pm

Saw this bird down at Navy Point yesterday.... Strange looking thing.
Westside Banks CondorRoostingPineTree_APphoto1-300x172

LOL You know I had do that Mr Oats. Very Happy All is good just having a little fun.

7Westside Banks Empty ouch 11/5/2012, 7:28 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

OUCH!

8Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/8/2012, 10:03 am

2seaoat

Surf let us know if this bank makes loans.....I personally will close one of my business ventures in the fall of 2013 because no bank wants to make necessary loans which will allow its survival. I received notice last week from the government that they want to challenge the license of that particular business because they believe something was constructed without a permit on an annual inspection. The weight of government regulation, the weight of decreased demand, and the absolute crushing reduction in land and building values which represent the collateral of so many businesses makes for a formula of people simply walking away from otherwise profitable business. I guess I am ready to retire, and I will simply give the business away because buyers cannot get a loan either in commercial transactions. The truth is that so much of America's future lies in banks freeing up loans for business expansion, but in my case my bank was closed by the FDIC and we are rapidly coming to the five year mark where the FDIC guarantees the 80% rule of coverage of the Bank who took over the predecessor. If the FDIC would have simply extended that rule to 10 years, then in my opinion we could have found stability......but it really is too late, because the empty storefronts multiply and commercial real estate continues to find no traction.

No I will believe that Condor exists when Surf gets a loan.

9Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/8/2012, 10:09 am

No I will believe that Condor exists when Surf gets a loan.

You were correct, that pic was taken a heck of long ways from Navy Point.

10Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/8/2012, 10:26 am

2seaoat

and sadly I will be correct about the bank making loans to small business.....

11Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/8/2012, 9:11 pm

They never have been much on loaning money. I used to have account with them. They were ok, but I went with Harvesters Credit union and the work very well for my needs. Of course not many Banks are interested the amount of money I deposit.

Many years ago My friend cashed in a roll of dimes at the Warrington Bank. There was a Canadian dime mixed in. They called him and wanted him to change it out. True Story

12Westside Banks Empty Re: Westside Banks 11/8/2012, 9:55 pm

2seaoat

My wife was a girlfriend in college and I told her to take my change bucket and get some money to go out to dinner. I forgot that I had 17 1876 silver dollars in the change bucket.....she gave it to the bank, and they gave her the change.....and not once did the clerk ask if we meant to turn those silver dollars in for cash.....I learned a very important lesson about banks on that day......I wish I simply remembered the same about 10 years ago.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum