Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanna have a really fun day? Just run on up to Public's !

+2
Sal
PBulldog2
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Just go to Publix, which used to be Albertson's. Get really excited when you see all the wonderful selection, such as roasted brussel sprouts, V8 Pomeganate juice available nowhere else, mavvvvvvelous-looking salmon, Garclic-herb bread fresh from the bread section.......and more. More, such as a pork roast with baby carrots and fingerling potatoes. Babay swiss cheese and Jewish Rye. Romaine lettuce and fake crab meat. New dressings. Make-up to make me look pretty and stuff to make my blonde hair even MORE blonde and sexy! OH....and don't forget the big pig foot for our dog Buddy. Molly and Mikey get big biscuits. Oh, we had them, too. And cat food;. And dog food.

We had had a long day running all over town, and I was on a roll to get some foods my newly-diabetic husband can eat and drink. I was SO THRILLED with all the cool foods I found for diabetics. (and not the diabetic cookies, either. )

So.....we are at the register, all smiles, when I go to pay for our stash.

"Ma'am.....your card shows insufficient funds.""

"Do it again", I growl. Loudly

No change.

Hubby says, "Try mine, babe....it will pay for it."

"Sir.....your card shows insufficient funds."

We were LIVID.

They asked if we wanted them to hold the groceries. I told them no, put them all back. It will take them at least an hour to find and put away the more rare items we bought.

We argued a bit in the car, then we realized it didn't do any good to argue. We went home, looked at our accounts, and yes, we had enough to pay for the groceries.

We will never, ever, shop at Public's again......but it's fun thinking about them putting all that stuff back. Twisted Evil

Sal

Sal

That sucks, PB.

I don't see how it's Publix' fault tho.

Shouldn't you be mad at your bank instead?

I had my bank do that when I invited Hallmarkgrad to breakfast. HE wound up paying for it. It was on a credit card and there were thousands of dollars in available credit... go figure.

I agree with Sal, though. It is hard to conceive that Publix is the culprit. I shopped there today. They're a bit pricey but they have the selection.

My favorite place is Sams. No selection, but what they have is usually at a good price. Baby back ribs and pork tenderloins for $2.99/lb. this week. At Publix, I bought a big container of Maple syrup and paid dearly for it... something like $16, and saw the same size for about $4 at Sams (cheaper than their Ms. Butterworth's syrup that's made from High Fructose Corn Syrup).

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Fresh Market will be opening soon at Airport and 9th. I imagine that will have most of the same type of high falutin pricey stuff the Publix has.
Except for the two free medications Publix provides me. lol

Not a bad trade, A egg and sausage biscuit for a prime rib dinner with all the fixings. LOL I had forgot all about it.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Edited.....I doubt it's the IRS thing. Geez, I don't like them!

Runs in the family....my Dad, who hated the IRS with a passion, managed to die on April 15, 1991.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 11/1/2012, 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

I cooked a couple of pork tenderloins on the grill last night. Had that with pressure-cooked fresh asparagus... YUM!

I feel really bad for you Pb. this sucks big time.

ive never had this happen to me, usually when mine have ever been denied it was because i didnt have the money in there. I think i would have raised a bunch of shit knowing i had it in there.

but im with the rest. its probaly the banks fault.

Publix is good, i love thier bakery. The bakery alone would probaly get a pass from me even if they screwed up once....

PBulldog2 wrote:I have a creeping feeling I knew what is happening here......can the IRS take a house in lieu on an unpaid bill for $352?

Unfortunately, the thugs at the Infernal Revenue Service can do whatever they please. Rolling Eyes

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I could sure use one of those frozen concoctions that helps me hang on right now. I hope there's booze in the blender and soon it will render.

Wanna have a really fun day? Just run on up to Public's ! 100-14

Sal

Sal

PBulldog2 wrote:

Yeah, I haven't called them yet. I've had this problem when I try to pay for my TMobile phone on the 'net, too. It says I had "insufficient funds" even if I just got paid that day.

I need to calm down a little before I call my bank, Gulf Winds.

Jim hasn't called his bank, either.

I have a creeping feeling I knew what is happening here......can the IRS take a house in lieu on an unpaid bill for $352? I was paying on the month-to-motn system, but they notified me last month that I missed a month, so the entire $352.00 might be frozen in November.

EDIT: If I'd had it to pay the suckers last month I would have done so....but I didn't. So this whole thing is my fault, really. NOW>>>>>I have to go tell my husband. SHIT.

The IRS can do pretty much whatever they want. Kinda like the Spanish Inquisition. I learned that the hard way years ago.

Here's hoping the rest of your week improves from this point.

hallmarkgrad wrote:Not a bad trade, A egg and sausage biscuit for a prime rib dinner with all the fixings. LOL I had forgot all about it.

You're ON! How about you and Rita this Saturday Night?

Bob wrote:I could sure use one of those frozen concoctions that helps me hang on right now. I hope there's booze in the blender and soon it will render.

A cheap-ass friend of mine turned me on to a bargain Tequila. Camarena, I think the name of it is... not a sippin' Tequila, but it mixes up well in a blender. I usually pay $32 for a fifth, but this stuff is $39 for 1.75 liters.

PBulldog2 wrote:
salinsky wrote:That sucks, PB.

I don't see how it's Publix' fault tho.

Shouldn't you be mad at your bank instead?

Yeah, I haven't called them yet. I've had this problem when I try to pay for my TMobile phone on the 'net, too. It says I had "insufficient funds" even if I just got paid that day.

I need to calm down a little before I call my bank, Gulf Winds.

Jim hasn't called his bank, either.

I have a creeping feeling I knew what is happening here......can the IRS take a house in lieu on an unpaid bill for $352? I was paying on the month-to-motn system, but they notified me last month that I missed a month, so the entire $352.00 might be frozen in November.

EDIT: If I'd had it to pay the suckers last month I would have done so....but I didn't. So this whole thing is my fault, really. NOW>>>>>I have to go tell my husband. SHIT.

. private message me.

Last edited by Rogue on 11/1/2012, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

LOL I meant I you have already fed me one of the best Prime rib dinners ever. I was not trying to hit up up for another one LOL. We would, but we have to go to Athens Georgia for the Bulldogs homecoming game. Thanks for the offer. We will take you on the offer soon.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:
Bob wrote:I could sure use one of those frozen concoctions that helps me hang on right now. I hope there's booze in the blender and soon it will render.

A cheap-ass friend of mine turned me on to a bargain Tequila. Camarena, I think the name of it is... not a sippin' Tequila, but it mixes up well in a blender. I usually pay $32 for a fifth, but this stuff is $39 for 1.75 liters.
I have the same motto as a well-known westside car dealer. "Get More For Less". Except he misspells the word "More".

hallmarkgrad wrote:LOL I meant I you have already fed me one of the best Prime rib dinners ever. I was not trying to hit up up for another one LOL. We would, but we have to go to Athens Georgia for the Bulldogs homecoming game. Thanks for the offer. We will take you on the offer soon.

Go Dogs!

Sorry you can't join us. (I haven't forgotten about you helping me out the other day on the boat. I owe you big time}

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hey I helped move the boat in the marina. Even straddled a metal railing with my privates which was an unforgettable experience (until the pain subsided about a week later).
That should count for something!

Bob wrote:Hey I helped move the boat in the marina. Even straddled a metal railing with my privates which was an unforgettable experience (until the pain subsided about a week later).
That should count for something!

Check your PM. (Even snitches get invited sometimes)

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's a bad experience. Don't know if it's Pubix's fault though.
I LOVE Publix. Yes, they're expensive on some things but I shop there for the buy one get one free items. And the white mountain bread from their bakery--we love it.
We have a membership here at Costco...I love that place too.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

[quote="Nekochan"]That's a bad experience. Don't know if it's Pubix's fault though.
I LOVE Publix. Yes, they're expensive on some things but I shop there for the buy one get one free items. And the white mountain bread from their bakery--we love it.

We have a membership here at Costco...I love that place too.

[quote]
If I hadn't been feeling so embarrassed, my hubby and I could have easily
bought that food if he had used his card for a little and I had used my card for the .balance

We weren't thinking math, though. We were just looking for the closest door. Cool

Yella

Yella

Yomama wrote:I had my bank do that when I invited Hallmarkgrad to breakfast. HE wound up paying for it. It was on a credit card and there were thousands of dollars in available credit... go figure.

I agree with Sal, though. It is hard to conceive that Publix is the culprit. I shopped there today. They're a bit pricey but they have the selection.

My favorite place is Sams. No selection, but what they have is usually at a good price. Baby back ribs and pork tenderloins for $2.99/lb. this week. At Publix, I bought a big container of Maple syrup and paid dearly for it... something like $16, and saw the same size for about $4 at Sams (cheaper than their Ms. Butterworth's syrup that's made from High Fructose Corn Syrup).

I like Publix except when I decide to have a nice mess of tasty boiled hog ears. They don't handle them.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:Just go to Publix, which used to be Albertson's. Get really excited when you see all the wonderful selection, such as roasted brussel sprouts, V8 Pomeganate juice available nowhere else, mavvvvvvelous-looking salmon, Garclic-herb bread fresh from the bread section.......and more. More, such as a pork roast with baby carrots and fingerling potatoes. Babay swiss cheese and Jewish Rye. Romaine lettuce and fake crab meat. New dressings. Make-up to make me look pretty and stuff to make my blonde hair even MORE blonde and sexy! OH....and don't forget the big pig foot for our dog Buddy. Molly and Mikey get big biscuits. Oh, we had them, too. And cat food;. And dog food.

We had had a long day running all over town, and I was on a roll to get some foods my newly-diabetic husband can eat and drink. I was SO THRILLED with all the cool foods I found for diabetics. (and not the diabetic cookies, either. )

So.....we are at the register, all smiles, when I go to pay for our stash.

"Ma'am.....your card shows insufficient funds.""

"Do it again", I growl. Loudly

No change.

Hubby says, "Try mine, babe....it will pay for it."

"Sir.....your card shows insufficient funds."

We were LIVID.

They asked if we wanted them to hold the groceries. I told them no, put them all back. It will take them at least an hour to find and put away the more rare items we bought.

We argued a bit in the car, then we realized it didn't do any good to argue. We went home, looked at our accounts, and yes, we had enough to pay for the groceries.

We will never, ever, shop at Public's again......but it's fun thinking about them putting all that stuff back. Twisted Evil

How is it the fault of Publix?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Fresh Market will be opening soon at Airport and 9th. I imagine that will have most of the same type of high falutin pricey stuff the Publix has.
Except for the two free medications Publix provides me. lol

We have both here in Tallahassee. Publix has a much wider selection and Fresh Market while having a much smaller selection, and very high end. High quality, great prepared foods, cheese selection (but seldom goat cheese) butcher shop, bulk nuts etc.

Nekochan

Nekochan

We have a Fresh Market here in Huntsville, too. Like Markle said--not as large as Publix and it's high end and expensive. But they have an excellent deli and meat department. Their bakery items are also very good. And they have items that you cannot find in a regular supermarket. It's not a place that I shop at on a regular basis--but it's a great place to check out if you're planning a party or a special meal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum