Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The election campaign is now making children cry.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/31/just-in-campaign-now-making-children-cry/

EDIT: thread title edited to remove the cusswords in attempt to keep my approval rating from going back to 3 digits.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This is great. Many have expressed the same opinion without the tears. Just make it stop.

I like the system they have in Canada limiting campaigns to a certain shorter (than infinity) time for campaigning and also don't allow adds or speeches to include false statements. That alone would drastically shrink the bs the voters in this country are now made to endure. How refreshing that would be.

I hope the wing nuts don't misinterpret this observation and wish for sanity in electioneering to mean I'm a commie or that I don't love this country. Neither is true. I'm just saying, and if you were honest you'd have to agree, that none of us would have missed seeing fewer political ads.

Naturally this will NEVER happen, but we can dream.

So it would seem

The election campaign is now making children cry. 86228

Sal

Sal

"Bronco bama"

lmao

That little girl is adorable.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Speaking of Halloween masks, I heard a report that the Obama masks have outsold the Mittens masks 60-40. This has been an accurate predictor of the winner of the election for many years. Interesting.

Yella

Yella

nochain wrote:So it would seem

The election campaign is now making children cry. 86228

This is a very typical Romney racist ad. The Big Black Booogieman. People send this shit to me depicting Obama like the blacks in the 1940 cartoons.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Yella wrote:

This is a very typical Romney racist ad. The Big Black Booogieman. People send this shit to me depicting Obama like the blacks in the 1940 cartoons.

Mentally they are stuck in the 40's and can't/don't want to get out. Many are incapable of reforming old ideas about race, gender, the list goes on. They think in stereotypes.

Yella wrote:
nochain wrote:So it would seemg]

Poor baby. Did it get your quivering, hypersensitive, ultraliberal panties in a little wad? Too bad. Those who, like you, insist on flipping out the race card with no cause are the ones with a problem.

[quote="othershoe1030"]
Yella wrote:

They think in stereotypes.[/color]

Yes you do.

Yella

Yella

nochain wrote:
Yella wrote:
nochain wrote:So it would seemg]

Poor baby. Did it get your quivering, hypersensitive, ultraliberal panties in a little wad? Too bad. Those who, like you, insist on flipping out the race card with no cause are the ones with a problem.

Sorry, but what I posted still goes on. Its uncool.

othershoe1030 wrote:This is great. Many have expressed the same opinion without the tears. Just make it stop.

I like the system they have in Canada limiting campaigns to a certain shorter (than infinity) time for campaigning and also don't allow adds or speeches to include false statements. That alone would drastically shrink the bs the voters in this country are now made to endure. How refreshing that would be.

I hope the wing nuts don't misinterpret this observation and wish for sanity in electioneering to mean I'm a commie or that I don't love this country. Neither is true. I'm just saying, and if you were honest you'd have to agree, that none of us would have missed seeing fewer political ads.

Naturally this will NEVER happen, but we can dream.

you know they still let people move to canada... just sayin

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If those politicians (Obama or Romney either one) get some hairbrained idea that they're gonna delay this goofy election past Tuesday, then I'm gonna join up with the mooslims. I'd rather worship Mohammed than have to listen to that election gibberish one more day.

othershoe1030 wrote:I like the system they have in Canada limiting campaigns to a certain shorter (than infinity) time for campaigning and also don't allow adds or speeches to include false statements.

How does that work?

For that to work, I envision a campaign board that oversees all speeches and commercials prior to their being said or presented to the public... nah, can't be that overbearing...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw

Yella

Yella

Yomama wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I like the system they have in Canada limiting campaigns to a certain shorter (than infinity) time for campaigning and also don't allow adds or speeches to include false statements.

How does that work?

For that to work, I envision a campaign board that oversees all speeches and commercials prior to their being said or presented to the public... nah, can't be that overbearing...

Big Brother is coming . . . . . .

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Yomama wrote:

How does that work?

I don't know the mechanics of the process but I'm told by Canadians that it does in fact work.
Maybe the candidates actually fact check their own ads, now there's a thought!

Maybe the culture is such that they would be embarrassed to be associated with a false statement? If this is the accepted practice no doubt it would cost the candidate votes if they fibbed.

Sal

Sal

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum