Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Page 3 Mingle, with DeeDee Davis: A column on Pensacola's social scene

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hummmmmmmmmm Look who was missing, Guess...

New World Landing hosted a full house Friday night as the Council on Aging presented the second annual Rat Pack Reunion.

Guys and gals were dolled up in black tie attire reminiscent of the 1960s when the real Rat Pack had its heyday. Elegant gowns, white dinner jackets, flip hairdos, long gloves and fur wraps dotted the room that was all candlelight and red roses.

Guests danced to the big band sounds of Sinatra tribute artist Tom Tiratto accompanied by Don Snowden and the Pensacola Big Band Allstars.

Fred Levin, introduced by Mayor Ashton Hayward, was masterful as emcee for the program that included a lighthearted roast and toast of Lewis Bear Jr., Corbett Davis Jr., Richard McAlpin, Pete Moore and Frank Patti. The five were recognized for business leadership and longtime service to the community.

Chef Nick Farkas prepared a sumptuous dinner of beef filet, grouper and risotto with a cheesecake bar to top off the meal.

Gulf Breeze Mayor Beverly Zimmern gave a personal family testimonial as to the impact of Council on Aging programs, such as Meals on Wheels. John Clark, president/CEO of the council thanked everyone as this was the most funds ever raised at one time for the organization.

Among the glamorous crowd were Bo and Gay Carter, the newly engaged Corbett Davis III and Sarah Biggs, Larry B. Johnson and Heather Coleman, Robert and Clair Montgomery, Heather Kelly, Dick and Carolyn Appleyard, Debbie Ritchie, Rick and Stacie Hamilton, Jenn Cole, Fred and Brenda Vigodsky, Caron Sjoberg, Chuck and Penny Emling, Alice Guy, Michelle Miguez, Flack and Kathleen Logan, Nancy Fetterman, Ethel Tamburello, Escambia County Tax Collector Janet Holley, Mick and Linda Novota, Matt and Stacy Lafon, Beau Noonan, Teri Levin, Bryan and Julia Ussery, Dick and Lea Schneider, County Commissioner Gene and Maureen Valentino, John Stead and Meagan Enderson, Matt Peacock and Lisa Ragg, Jack and Ann Brown, Kevin and Capri Welch, Bentina Terry, Harry Levin and Amber Ellis, David and Cindi Bear, LeAnne Hamilton, Jeff Nall, and Todd Howell.

Page

DAMN!

I just got my invitation.

Oh well, maybe next year. (I had to send my black tux out to the cleaners anyway...)

I asked her not to print my name. The cheesecake bar was really good.

4Page 3 Mingle, with DeeDee Davis: A column on Pensacola's social scene Empty hmmm 10/31/2012, 6:46 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

the former mrs. was not..which surprises me Shocked

Also it appears that Terri and Debbie were there alone !??! hmmm

Looks like they revised the afternoon edition.of the story.

Fred Levin, introduced by Mayor Ashton Hayward, was masterful as emcee for the program that included a lighthearted roast and toast of Lewis Bear Jr., Corbett Davis Jr., Richard McAlpin, Pete Moore and Frank Patti. The five were recognized for business leadership and longtime service to the community.

Chef Nick Farkas prepared a sumptuous dinner of beef filet, grouper and risotto with a cheesecake bar to top off the meal.

Gulf Breeze Mayor Beverly Zimmern gave a personal family testimonial as to the impact of Council on Aging programs, such as Meals on Wheels. John Clark, president/CEO of the council thanked everyone as this was the most funds ever raised at one time for the organization.

Among the glamorous crowd were Bo and Gay Carter, the newly engaged Corbett Davis III and Sarah Biggs, Larry B. Johnson and Heather Coleman, Robert and Clair Montgomery, Mr Yellardog,Heather Kelly, Dick and Carolyn Appleyard, Debbie Ritchie, Rick and Stacie Hamilton, Jenn Cole, Fred and Brenda Vigodsky, Caron Sjoberg, Mr Hallmarkgrad, Teo, Chuck and Penny Emling, Alice Guy, Michelle Miguez, Ghandi , Flack and Kathleen Logan, Nancy Fetterman, Ethel Tamburello, Escambia County Tax Collector Janet Holley, Mick and Linda Novota, Matt and Stacy Lafon, Beau Noonan, Teri Levin, Bryan and Julia Ussery, Dick and Lea Schneider, Eric Ericsson County Commissioner Gene and Maureen Valentino, John Stead and Meagan Enderson, Matt Peacock and Lisa Ragg, Jack and Ann Brown, Kevin and Capri Welch, Mr Seaoats, Bentina Terry, Yomama, Harry Levin and Amber Ellis,Bob Woods,David and Cindi Bear, LeAnne Hamilton, Jeff Nall, Surfnrg, and Todd Howell.

6Page 3 Mingle, with DeeDee Davis: A column on Pensacola's social scene Empty fuuunny 10/31/2012, 8:47 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Alice Guy now that was rich.....

Just don't say anything bad about Frank's mom
unless you want a fist mark on your forehead
that lasts about a year.....

LOL

Frank Sr and his folks lived on K and Gregory. I was born at 100 South K, so we go way back..

8Page 3 Mingle, with DeeDee Davis: A column on Pensacola's social scene Empty not so far 10/31/2012, 9:26 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

From the man who had a program on channel 3, he was a singing tenor,

and worked at all the men's clothing stores in town. Great guy!

From a family of 12 he used to sell papers downtown when he was a kid, and all the kids in his family worked, came home and put all the money they made on the kitchen table. It was the depression, everyone worked.

Yep Gregory and close to K street. Not far from the Pattis,

They were both Italian.

Lynn Tony used to live in a garage apartment on Gregory and maybe I or J st. He used to have a Buick convert duded up with Cowboy stuff. He was on my Paper route.

10Page 3 Mingle, with DeeDee Davis: A column on Pensacola's social scene Empty lynn toney 10/31/2012, 9:38 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

I loved him i had a birthday party when I was a kid on his show.

Then when he opened the furniture store we did buziness together.

Smile

11Page 3 Mingle, with DeeDee Davis: A column on Pensacola's social scene Empty check your pms hallmark 10/31/2012, 9:41 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

That was an old Pensacola neighborhood back then
lots of good families in those blocks

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:Looks like they revised the afternoon edition.of the story.

Among the glamorous crowd were Bo and Gay Carter, the newly engaged Corbett Davis III and Sarah Biggs, Larry B. Johnson and Heather Coleman, Robert and Clair Montgomery, Mr Yellardog,Heather Kelly, Dick and Carolyn Appleyard, Debbie Ritchie, Rick and Stacie Hamilton, Jenn Cole, Fred and Brenda Vigodsky, Caron Sjoberg, Mr Hallmarkgrad, Teo, Chuck and Penny Emling, Alice Guy, Michelle Miguez, Ghandi , Flack and Kathleen Logan, Nancy Fetterman, Ethel Tamburello, Escambia County Tax Collector Janet Holley, Mick and Linda Novota, Matt and Stacy Lafon, Beau Noonan, Teri Levin, Bryan and Julia Ussery, Dick and Lea Schneider, Eric Ericsson County Commissioner Gene and Maureen Valentino, John Stead and Meagan Enderson, Matt Peacock and Lisa Ragg, Jack and Ann Brown, Kevin and Capri Welch, Mr Seaoats, Bentina Terry, Yomama, Harry Levin and Amber Ellis,Bob Woods,David and Cindi Bear, LeAnne Hamilton, Jeff Nall, Surfnrg, and Todd Howell.

I was having such a helava time until somebody saw my Obama pin and then two big ol' goons throwed me out.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

KarlRove

KarlRove

hallmarkgrad wrote:Hummmmmmmmmm Look who was missing, Guess...

New World Landing hosted a full house Friday night as the Council on Aging presented the second annual Rat Pack Reunion.

Guys and gals were dolled up in black tie attire reminiscent of the 1960s when the real Rat Pack had its heyday. Elegant gowns, white dinner jackets, flip hairdos, long gloves and fur wraps dotted the room that was all candlelight and red roses.

Guests danced to the big band sounds of Sinatra tribute artist Tom Tiratto accompanied by Don Snowden and the Pensacola Big Band Allstars.

Among the glamorous crowd were Bo and Gay Carter, the newly engaged Corbett Davis III and Sarah Biggs, Larry B. Johnson and Heather Coleman, Robert and Clair Montgomery, Heather Kelly, Dick and Carolyn Appleyard, Debbie Ritchie, Rick and Stacie Hamilton, Jenn Cole, Fred and Brenda Vigodsky, Caron Sjoberg, Chuck and Penny Emling, Alice Guy, Michelle Miguez, Flack and Kathleen Logan, Nancy Fetterman, Ethel Tamburello, Escambia County Tax Collector Janet Holley, Mick and Linda Novota, Matt and Stacy Lafon, Beau Noonan, Teri Levin, Bryan and Julia Ussery, Dick and Lea Schneider, County Commissioner Gene and Maureen Valentino, John Stead and Meagan Enderson, Matt Peacock and Lisa Ragg, Jack and Ann Brown, Kevin and Capri Welch, Bentina Terry, Harry Levin and Amber Ellis, David and Cindi Bear, LeAnne Hamilton, Jeff Nall, and Todd Howell.

Page

List one of why Pensacola cannot and will not grow.

KarlRove

KarlRove

List two of the "haves" of pcola. The rest of us are peons.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Yella wrote:

I was having such a helava time until somebody saw my Obama pin and then two big ol' goons throwed me out.

Too Funny, Yella.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum