Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I must specify a topic

+2
stormwatch89
Nekochan
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I must specify a topic Empty I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 12:23 am

I do have daughters...You may not tell me that they are diminished by sufficiency or self reliance.

You may tell the women in your family that... but I do not allow that in my family.

2I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 12:30 am

This thread was directed to seaoat.... For some reason it detached from the original topic.

3I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 1:02 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I saw Seaoat's post and I understand this thread. I also have a daughter and I will just say that my daughter is an independent thinking young woman and she is extremely pro-life--probably moreso than I am. She also happens to be against the death penalty, in all cases. She has very strong ideas on both those issues. God love her, she does have a mind of her own, much to my frustration at times, but she doesn't need Obama or any man to take care of her.

4I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 8:32 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Good for you, Neko and Pkr.

I can also claim that, and my daughters would be furious at the idea of needing anyone to take care of them including me!

5I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 9:23 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think this whole "war on women" nonsense has made the Dems appear to think that women are weak and/or stupid and need extra special attention and extra special care. It's exactly the opposite of the way I would prefer that my daughter live and view her role in society.

6I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 9:28 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Nekochan wrote:I think this whole "war on women" nonsense has made the Dems appear to think that women are weak and/or stupid and need extra special attention and extra special care. It's exactly the opposite of the way I would prefer that my daughter live and view her role in society.

Agreed. I resent it too. Recently I was interviewed and was asked what I found the most difficult issue dealing with a "man's " world in the workplace.

After some thought, I said simply.."nothing".

It takes a certain mentality to make oneself a victim.

7I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 9:35 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:This thread was directed to seaoat.... For some reason it detached from the original topic.

You clicked "New Topic" instead of "Post Reply" or "Quote".

8I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 10:22 am

nadalfan

So how do your daughters feel about equal pay for equal work?

Regarding abortion, I have a daughter also, and I don't want a man in Congress pushing the idea that if she is raped and gets pregnant, she is committing murder if she chooses to have an abortion.
Regardless of how she gets pregnant, she needs to make that decision, not me, not some President, not some Congressman.

9I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 10:23 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

nadalfan wrote:So how do your daughters feel about equal pay for equal work?

Regarding abortion, I have a daughter also, and I don't want a man in Congress pushing the idea that if she is raped and gets pregnant, she is committing murder if she chooses to have an abortion.
Regardless of how she gets pregnant, she needs to make that decision, not me, not some President, not some Congressman.

Where is there not equal pay for equal work? You mean the people who work in Obama's administration?

10I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 10:33 am

nadalfan

Nekochan wrote:

Where is there not equal pay for equal work? You mean the people who work in Obama's administration?

I believe that was proven false, but are you really suggesting that this is a nonexistent problem?

11I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 10:41 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

nadalfan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

I believe that was proven false, but are you really suggesting that this is a nonexistent problem?

How was it proven false?

http://www.examiner.com/article/war-on-women-obama-white-house-paid-women-less-than-men-2011-report-says
As Democrats attempt to paint the GOP as engaging in a "war on women," a recent report shows the Obama White House paid female employees an average of 18 percent less than male employees in 2011, the Washington Free Beacon reported Wednesday.

"According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000)," Andrew Stiles wrote.

And..

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/101812-629933-obama-white-house-pays-women-less.htm?p=full

12I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 10:51 am

nadalfan

Nekochan wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

How was it proven false?

http://www.examiner.com/article/war-on-women-obama-white-house-paid-women-less-than-men-2011-report-says
As Democrats attempt to paint the GOP as engaging in a "war on women," a recent report shows the Obama White House paid female employees an average of 18 percent less than male employees in 2011, the Washington Free Beacon reported Wednesday.

"According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000)," Andrew Stiles wrote.

And..

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/101812-629933-obama-white-house-pays-women-less.htm?p=full

Because they compared salaries across the board, not pay for EQUAL work.

13I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 10:56 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

nadalfan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

How was it proven false?

And..

Because they compared salaries across the board, not pay for EQUAL work.

How do you know this? It's not what the report shows.

And, in my 2nd link, we see this:

Journalist Ron Suskind, author of "Confidence Men: Wall Street, Washington and the Education of a President," has a recorded interview with former White House communications director and Mao Tse-tung fan Anita Dunn in which she complained Obama's White House was a hostile work environment for women.
"I remember once I told Valerie (Jarrett) that, I said if it weren't for the president, this place would be in court for a hostile workplace," Dunn told Suskind. "Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women."

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/101812-629933-obama-white-house-pays-women-less.htm#ixzz2AK5WVPu0

14I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 11:03 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-focus-equal-pay-issue-while-obama-white-051807703.html

Government records show that despite the Democratic National Convention’s early focus on salary equality for women, President Barack Obama has consistently paid his own female staffers less than men who perform similar or identical duties.....

15I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 11:16 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Unbelieveable...women taking up for that mysoginist pig. Yes, there absolutely is a Republican war on women. It's not new, it's just taken on new dimensions in this election year.

---------------------------------------

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/25/real-republican-party-rape-platform

"...Some Republicans, like Mitt Romney, have tried to distance themselves from their party's rhetorical obsession with sexual violation. What they're hoping we won't notice is the fact that their party is politically committed to sexual violation.

Opposition to abortion in all cases – rape, incest, even to save the pregnant woman's life or health – is written into the Republican party platform. Realizing they can't make abortion illegal overnight, conservatives instead rally around smaller initiatives like mandatory waiting periods, transvaginal ultrasounds and mandated lectures about "life" to make abortion as expensive, difficult and humiliating as possible.

Republicans bow to the demands of "pro-life" organizations, not a single one of which supports even birth control, and the GOP now routinely opposes any effort to make birth control or sexual education available and accessible. They propose laws that would require women to tell their employers what they're using birth control for, so that employers could determine which women don't deserve coverage (the slutty ones who use birth control to avoid unwanted pregnancy) and which women do (the OK ones who use it for other medical reasons)..."

----------------

I would say, since Republicans inserted language into their official party platform that is in direct opposition to Roe v. Wade, they're officially conducting a WAR ON WOMEN. Denial is a deep blue river.

16I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 11:20 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

All prolife organizations are anti-birth control?

Wow, the things you come up with FT!

17I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 11:48 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan wrote:All prolife organizations are anti-birth control?

I didn't say anything even remotely close to that. What I SAID is that the GOP platform is in direct opposition to Roe v. Wade.

However, if you want to discuss "pro-life" organizations, I will remind you of the clinic bombings and executions of a doctor and his bodyguard that happened right here in Pensacola. Not exactly what I'd call "pro-life".

18I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 11:54 am

nadalfan

Nekochan wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-focus-equal-pay-issue-while-obama-white-051807703.html

Government records show that despite the Democratic National Convention’s early focus on salary equality for women, President Barack Obama has consistently paid his own female staffers less than men who perform similar or identical duties.....
Unfortunately, all I could find is conservative websites saying that they get paid less and liberal websites stating the statistics are flawed based on the methodology used to compare salaries.
The president doesn't set the salaries though, these are based on pay grades like any government job.
However, statistics show that women still get paid less for the same job. There is some controversy as to whether it is as low as 77cents to the dollar or more like 85.

19I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 12:12 pm

nadalfan wrote:
Unfortunately, all I could find is conservative websites saying that they get paid less and liberal websites stating the statistics are flawed based on the methodology used to compare salaries.
The president doesn't set the salaries though, these are based on pay grades like any government job.
However, statistics show that women still get paid less for the same job. There is some controversy as to whether it is as low as 77cents to the dollar or more like 85.[/quote]

If I look at the pay grade for a specific job title with the Government it specifies a particular wage for that job. Now when I look at the pay scale I do not see anything that specifies whether the wage applies to a male or a female.

20I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 12:37 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

"GOP WAR ON WOMEN!"

What a load of BS!

It's just the libs trying to spin their usual smoke and mirrors.

Women everywhere should denounce the dems for their obvious lies and BS perpetrated against them.

I remember my Mom telling me how pissed off she was that dems think women are dumb enough to believe their shit. Believe me, not all women are THAT dumb.

21I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 12:40 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

nadalfan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-focus-equal-pay-issue-while-obama-white-051807703.html

However, statistics show that women still get paid less for the same job. There is some controversy as to whether it is as low as 77cents to the dollar or more like 85.

Yahoo is conservative?

You are apparently wrong about the WH Staff pay. The White House staff do not seem to be on a pay grade like other federal jobs. Some of his staff have gotten raises amounting to 80%++ (seems men have gotten the largest raises)--this does not happen on the federal pay scale. At any rate, even if you are correct about them being on a pay scale, why did Obama not make an effort to find women to fill more of the positions with higher pay and higher responsibility? You're trying to let Obama off the hook, but I think you're not doing so well with that.

Here is an article about Obama's Staff pay:

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/tait-trussell/lavish-pay-raises-for-obama-staffers/
Anyone qualified to work in any White House must have some ability. But the generous compensation is taken from “suffering American taxpayers,” as the NewAmerican.com put it in a July 12 story. The raises were for the 2010-2011 year.

The 82 percent raise to $130,500 for the special assistant to the president for economic policy, Matthew Vogel, must be universally applauded. Any aide involved with economic policy surely is worthy of generous monetary recognition. Who could possibly question whatever sound economic counsel Vogel must be providing to the president. He has helped hold the current interest on the national debt to a mere $386 billion for fiscal 2011. He must be one of Obama’s real belt-tighteners.

He couldn’t be as cold-hearted as, say, Jeffrey Immelt, head of the President’s Jobs Council, who laughed heartily with Obama when Obama admitted recently that there apparently weren’t as many shovel-ready jobs available as he once thought. If that isn’t good for a guffaw, what is?

When Obama first came into office, he froze the pay of his senior staff at $100,000. Maybe that amount of pay seemed frugal to him, even though millions of Americans had no pay at all.

Now when there is so much money in the federal Treasury and a national debt of only $14.3 trillion, Obama must feel he can spread the money around even at the White House, harking back to the time in his early campaigning when he told Joe the Plumber how he wanted to “spread the wealth around.”

And there’s the director of African media. Kevin Lewis, among the pay-hike recipients. His 86 percent salary boost to $78,000 certainly shows that although Obama billed himself as a “post-racial” president it may surprise some that there is even a need for a director of African American media. All races in the news media get the same twisted spin from the White House. But the black vote is essential for re-election. So, the African American media certainly can’t be denied a “director” in the White House.

Last edited by Nekochan on 10/25/2012, 12:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

22I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 12:42 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Floridatexan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:All prolife organizations are anti-birth control?

I didn't say anything even remotely close to that. What I SAID is that the GOP platform is in direct opposition to Roe v. Wade.

However, if you want to discuss "pro-life" organizations, I will remind you of the clinic bombings and executions of a doctor and his bodyguard that happened right here in Pensacola. Not exactly what I'd call "pro-life".

I was referring to this part of your post:

Republicans bow to the demands of "pro-life" organizations, not a single one of which supports even birth control,

23I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 1:09 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.opm.gov/transition/trans20r-ch6.htm

Special Pay Authorities. Some agencies have special authorities that govern the setting of pay for all or certain employees. For example, the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) may set pay for FAA employees. The President may set the pay of certain White House employees.

24I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 4:04 pm

nadalfan

Nekochan wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

Yahoo is conservative?

You are apparently wrong about the WH Staff pay. The White House staff do not seem to be on a pay grade like other federal jobs. Some of his staff have gotten raises amounting to 80%++ (seems men have gotten the largest raises)--this does not happen on the federal pay scale. At any rate, even if you are correct about them being on a pay scale, why did Obama not make an effort to find women to fill more of the positions with higher pay and higher responsibility? You're trying to let Obama off the hook, but I think you're not doing so well with that.

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/tait-trussell/lavish-pay-raises-for-obama-staffers/
Anyone qualified to work in any White House must have some ability. But the generous compensation is taken from “suffering American taxpayers,” as the NewAmerican.com put it in a July 12 story. The raises were for the 2010-2011 year.

The 82 percent raise to $130,500 for the special assistant to the president for economic policy, Matthew Vogel, must be universally applauded. Any aide involved with economic policy surely is worthy of generous monetary recognition. Who could possibly question whatever sound economic counsel Vogel must be providing to the president. He has helped hold the current interest on the national debt to a mere $386 billion for fiscal 2011. He must be one of Obama’s real belt-tighteners.

He couldn’t be as cold-hearted as, say, Jeffrey Immelt, head of the President’s Jobs Council, who laughed heartily with Obama when Obama admitted recently that there apparently weren’t as many shovel-ready jobs available as he once thought. If that isn’t good for a guffaw, what is?

When Obama first came into office, he froze the pay of his senior staff at $100,000. Maybe that amount of pay seemed frugal to him, even though millions of Americans had no pay at all.

Now when there is so much money in the federal Treasury and a national debt of only $14.3 trillion, Obama must feel he can spread the money around even at the White House, harking back to the time in his early campaigning when he told Joe the Plumber how he wanted to “spread the wealth around.”

And there’s the director of African media. Kevin Lewis, among the pay-hike recipients. His 86 percent salary boost to $78,000 certainly shows that although Obama billed himself as a “post-racial” president it may surprise some that there is even a need for a director of African American media. All races in the news media get the same twisted spin from the White House. But the black vote is essential for re-election. So, the African American media certainly can’t be denied a “director” in the White House.

The Yahoo article was from The Daily Caller and your other article is also from a conservative site. I don't put a lot of weight on partisan sites, BOTH ways. However, I'm sure if there were any substance to all of this, Republican politicians would have jumped on it, don't you think? Especially if they are going after the female vote.

Anyways, my post was about equal pay for equal work, not Obama. I assume you don't want to address that.

25I must specify a topic Empty Re: I must specify a topic 10/25/2012, 4:25 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

nadalfan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

Yahoo is conservative?

The Yahoo article was from The Daily Caller and your other article is also from a conservative site. I don't put a lot of weight on partisan sites, BOTH ways. However, I'm sure if there were any substance to all of this, Republican politicians would have jumped on it, don't you think? Especially if they are going after the female vote.

Anyways, my post was about equal pay for equal work, not Obama. I assume you don't want to address that.

LOL, you've been shown that:
1. On average, Obama pays male staff members more than female staff. This is not in dispute. Why didn't he hire females for more of those higher paying positions?
2. Obama sets the pay of some White House staff. This is not in dispute.

Now you're trying to get the subject off of Obama. Surprise, surprise. Of course, I think a woman who does the very same job, who has the very same experience, who works the very same hours, under the same conditions and requirements--should be paid equal to what a man is paid. Tell it to Obama, though. He's the one who needs to be caught up to date on this subject.

On another note, I do not believe that the government should dictate pay for private businesses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum