Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annual Vegetarian Festival in Phuket, Thailand

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

In the interest of purification, festival goers go into a trance and have their faces pierced. They renounce meat, sex, and alcohol. So peaceful.

Taken from a Reuters app for the iPad called Wider Image. This is the first image on this app. It is either going to be interesting or gross...

Annual Vegetarian Festival in Phuket, Thailand 9de1e9473f6e21b40e74cfc65f17a7c6_zpsd93b3567

Yella

Yella

Yomama wrote:In the interest of purification, festival goers go into a trance and have their faces pierced. They renounce meat, sex, and alcohol. So peaceful.

Taken from a Reuters app for the iPad called Wider Image. This is the first image on this app. It is either going to be interesting or gross...

Annual Vegetarian Festival in Phuket, Thailand 9de1e9473f6e21b40e74cfc65f17a7c6_zpsd93b3567

I wonder what that tat on his neck says?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Yomama wrote:In the interest of purification, festival goers go into a trance and have their faces pierced. They renounce meat, sex, and alcohol. So peaceful.

Annual Vegetarian Festival in Phuket, Thailand Http:

"Please don't eat me!"??

Annual Vegetarian Festival in Phuket, Thailand Theking

Yella

Yella

riceme wrote:
Yella wrote:

Annual Vegetarian Festival in Phuket, Thailand Http:

"Please don't eat me!"??

Annual Vegetarian Festival in Phuket, Thailand Theking

My God! Is he the LOST BURGER KING?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:

LOL

In explanation for where this gif came from... Once upon a time, I was working in an über corporate environment in which I had to interact and answer-to five levels of management, three of which worked in the same office I did. My 3rd manager up was a complete douche-nozzle, always saying and doing inappropriate things, stealing my work and presenting it as his own to the GM (such is corporate life), &c.

I came in to work one morning, and I said good morning to him and he loudly responded, "You woke up with The King this morning!" This was when those commercials were airing, and I just stopped in my tracks because he said this within earshot of about 30 of my colleagues and other managers.

The dumbass apparently never realized what he'd said and just kept on walking. Fortunately, my reputation was solid and no one would have ever accused me of sleeping my way to the top, or anything of that nature, but I sure did get a lot of shit for that from the guys.

Best day of my life was my last day working for that guy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

riceme wrote:
Yella wrote:

LOL

In explanation for where this gif came from... Once upon a time, I was working in an über corporate environment in which I had to interact and answer-to five levels of management, three of which worked in the same office I did. My 3rd manager up was a complete douche-nozzle, always saying and doing inappropriate things, stealing my work and presenting it as his own to the GM (such is corporate life), &c.

I came in to work one morning, and I said good morning to him and he loudly responded, "You woke up with The King this morning!" This was when those commercials were airing, and I just stopped in my tracks because he said this within earshot of about 30 of my colleagues and other managers.

The dumbass apparently never realized what he'd said and just kept on walking. Fortunately, my reputation was solid and no one would have ever accused me of sleeping my way to the top, or anything of that nature, but I sure did get a lot of shit for that from the guys.

Best day of my life was my last day working for that guy.

I can recall a similar experience from many years ago (and far, far away, so I can talk about it). The big boss (not too many layers there, only a group of about 40 people in 3 separate organizations...printing, advertising, mass mail)...who was twice my age and had daughters just a little bit younger than I was, who were my friends, and a beautiful and gracious wife, and just a good, solid organization in general. I loved my job...but the big boss thought, for some unGodly reason, that he could put the moves on me, which he tried...and I LAUGHED IN HIS FACE...I really couldn't help it. I had been a guest in his home...he had everything, you know. And he apparently didn't appreciate it. Remarkable, it was some months later when I finally lost that job, over something unrelated, and I had to take them to arbitration to get unemployment comp, which I won. I felt sorry for the guy who was my direct supervisor, sitting at the hearing, when he found out about the harrassment...I really did, because I know he was misled by the boss and he was a good guy. And then, I got 6 unemployment checks at once. The End

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Oh...wait, this thread was about a vegetarian festival in Thailand. That's very nice. I wonder what they do when they're bored.

Floridatexan wrote:

I can recall a similar experience from many years ago (and far, far away, so I can talk about it). The big boss (not too many layers there, only a group of about 40 people in 3 separate organizations...printing, advertising, mass mail)...who was twice my age and had daughters just a little bit younger than I was, who were my friends, and a beautiful and gracious wife, and just a good, solid organization in general. I loved my job...but the big boss thought, for some unGodly reason, that he could put the moves on me, which he tried...and I LAUGHED IN HIS FACE...I really couldn't help it. I had been a guest in his home...he had everything, you know. And he apparently didn't appreciate it. Remarkable, it was some months later when I finally lost that job, over something unrelated, and I had to take them to arbitration to get unemployment comp, which I won. I felt sorry for the guy who was my direct supervisor, sitting at the hearing, when he found out about the harrassment...I really did, because I know he was misled by the boss and he was a good guy. And then, I got 6 unemployment checks at once. The End

Urgh. Yuck. The man whom I referenced also had a daughter my age, and I'd been a guest in his home as well. It creeped me out, to say the least. Totally gave me the willies. Not that I don't like older men... I do. Just not older men for whom I work and make inappropriate advances and comments like, "Wow, riceme, you look really hot today!" or "Holy smokes, those boots are SO sexy!" ... "I LOVE your perfume... What is it? I'd like to buy some for my wife so she can smell like you." ICK to the n-th degree!

Annual Vegetarian Festival in Phuket, Thailand Vomit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum