Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vote yes on 6

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Vote yes on 6 Empty Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 6:18 pm

no stress

no stress

AMENDMENT 6

Prohibition on Public Funding of Abortions; Construction of Abortion Rights

Description: The amendment would place in the state constitution an existing federal ban on the use of federal dollars for abortions except in the case of rape, incest or if the health of the mother is at risk.

It would also potentially pave the way for abortion-related laws that have been rejected by the courts in the past.

In 1980, voters passed a constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right to privacy. In the past, abortion bills have been tossed by the court based on the privacy law. If passed, the amendment would remove abortion from a Floridian’s right to privacy, thus no longer subjecting them to state privacy laws.

Context: Specifically, the proposed amendment would provide a path forward for legislation requiring parental consent before a minor gets an abortion. In 1999, the Florida Supreme Court cited the state’s privacy provisions when ruling a parental consent bill unconstitutional.

Opponents of the bill believe anti-abortion groups would not stop at parental consent legislation.

The issue has pitted the Catholic Church against Planned Parenthood.

A group called “Vote No on 6” has raised $2.4 million to oppose the amendment, with half the money coming from Planned Parenthood affiliates.

Citizens for Protecting Taxpayers and Parental Rights raised $246,425 to support the proposal. Most of that has come from Catholic dioceses across the state.

Where they stand: Opponents: Planned Parenthood, Vote No on 6, Faith Voices Against Amendment 6, which includes Jewish, Unitarian and Methodist clergy; Supporters: The Catholic Church, Florida Right to Life, Florida Farm Bureau.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-10-13/story/florida-constitutional-amendments-voters-guide#ixzz29sdvHurs

2Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 6:26 pm

I'm voting no.

3Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 6:30 pm

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:I'm voting no.

Babykiller

4Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 6:36 pm

Gunz wrote:AMENDMENT 6

Prohibition on Public Funding of Abortions; Construction of Abortion Rights

Description: The amendment would place in the state constitution an existing federal ban on the use of federal dollars for abortions except in the case of rape, incest or if the health of the mother is at risk.

It would also potentially pave the way for abortion-related laws that have been rejected by the courts in the past.

In 1980, voters passed a constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right to privacy. In the past, abortion bills have been tossed by the court based on the privacy law. If passed, the amendment would remove abortion from a Floridian’s right to privacy, thus no longer subjecting them to state privacy laws.

Context: Specifically, the proposed amendment would provide a path forward for legislation requiring parental consent before a minor gets an abortion. In 1999, the Florida Supreme Court cited the state’s privacy provisions when ruling a parental consent bill unconstitutional.

Opponents of the bill believe anti-abortion groups would not stop at parental consent legislation.

The issue has pitted the Catholic Church against Planned Parenthood.

A group called “Vote No on 6” has raised $2.4 million to oppose the amendment, with half the money coming from Planned Parenthood affiliates.

Citizens for Protecting Taxpayers and Parental Rights raised $246,425 to support the proposal. Most of that has come from Catholic dioceses across the state.

Where they stand: Opponents: Planned Parenthood, Vote No on 6, Faith Voices Against Amendment 6, which includes Jewish, Unitarian and Methodist clergy; Supporters: The Catholic Church, Florida Right to Life, Florida Farm Bureau.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-10-13/story/florida-constitutional-amendments-voters-guide#ixzz29sdvHurs

That's OK Gunz, I just cancelled her vote as I vote YES!

5Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 6:40 pm

2seaoat

What a waste of energy. If people want to change the constitution and extend protections to those not now defined as persons under the 14th amendment.....pass an amendment and Roe goes away and the Supreme Court has very little to say. The 14th amendment defines persons as "born"..........A constitutional amendment which defines persons at the time of conception would give protections to the unborn......but that silly 4th amendment would be in conflict because it says people should be secure from governmental intrusions.......The right of the people to be secure in their persons......so there would have to an amendment that basically said that a woman would not be secure in their persons....if they had a fertilized egg in their body. Instead of calling people baby killers, or wasting time on amendments which do not get to the core question.....pass a constitutional amendment and be done with it.

6Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 6:44 pm

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:What a waste of energy. If people want to change the constitution and extend protections to those not now defined as persons under the 14th amendment.....pass an amendment and Roe goes away and the Supreme Court has very little to say. The 14th amendment defines persons as "born"..........A constitutional amendment which defines persons at the time of conception would give protections to the unborn......but that silly 4th amendment would be in conflict because it says people should be secure from governmental intrusions.......The right of the people to be secure in their persons......so there would have to an amendment that basically said that a woman would not be secure in their persons....if they had a fertilized egg in their body. Instead of calling people baby killers, or wasting time on amendments which do not get to the core question.....pass a constitutional amendment and be done with it.

Seaoat, we taxpayers already pay for contraceptives for the low income. I'll be Goddamned if I will pay for abortions because they are too lazy to use the free birth control! They made their "choice" when they piled up for 30 minutes of fun. Dont ask me to help bury the consequences of that choice.

7Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 8:31 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I voted "No" on all 12 constitutional amendments.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 9:44 pm

Gunz wrote:

Babykiller

The Supreme Court already ruled when life begins so say what you want.It's not your business to tell someone what to do w/ their body.

9Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:00 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Babykiller

The Supreme Court already ruled when life begins so say what you want.It's not your business to tell someone what to do w/ their body.

It is when they are guaranteed 18 years of my tax money to "fund" their inability to keep their pants on.

10Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:02 pm

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Babykiller

Go ahead and let the "Supreme Court" be your moral compass. LOL

11Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:03 pm

so voting yes will keep them from funding abortions with tax payer money?

if so, I vote yes

12Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:08 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Babykiller

It is when they are guaranteed 18 years of my tax money to "fund" their inability to keep their pants on.

Oh, so since you pay taxes you think you have the right to tell people what to do w/ their bodies? LOL! I pay taxes too and I don't agree.

13Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:08 pm

no stress

no stress

Rogue wrote:so voting yes will keep them from funding abortions with tax payer money?

if so, I vote yes

Thank You. Some people think this is a vote against abortion and maybe in a way it is. What I see is a vote against taxpayer monies being used to provide yet another form of contraception for the lower income populace. If you want to kill babies thats fine just do it by flushing the condom down the toilet instead of after they have started growing in the womb.

14Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:25 pm

Gunz wrote:
Rogue wrote:so voting yes will keep them from funding abortions with tax payer money?

if so, I vote yes

Thank You. Some people think this is a vote against abortion and maybe in a way it is. What I see is a vote against taxpayer monies being used to provide yet another form of contraception for the lower income populace. If you want to kill babies thats fine just do it by flushing the condom down the toilet instead of after they have started growing in the womb.

Next you'll be wanting to legalize beastiality. After all, it's your dog.

15Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:27 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Babykiller

Oh, so since you pay taxes you think you have the right to tell people what to do w/ their bodies? LOL! I pay taxes too and I don't agree.

If they are going to use CHILDREN as a source of income, yep or face sterlization.

16Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:46 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Babykiller

If they are going to use CHILDREN as a source of income, yep or face sterlization.

Ah, we should sterilize poor people now if they should get any tax money to help them for the five years max they might get?

17Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 10:57 pm

no stress

no stress

-Dreams

When they reply like this, you have won.

18Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/20/2012, 11:06 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

if so, I vote yes

youre disgusting!

19Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/21/2012, 1:50 am

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

if so, I vote yes

youre disgusting!

I believe he was the one w/ the avatar w/ the dog. You didn't post a word then.

20Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/21/2012, 10:32 am

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

if so, I vote yes

youre disgusting!

Yes he was, but does he not use his dogs for SAR. If I post an avatar of my dog, does that mean that I am also into beastality.

21Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/21/2012, 10:38 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I voted "No" on all 12 constitutional amendments.
I too voted NO on all amendments.

http://www.thefloridavoter.org/resources/issues/2012-constitutional-amendments

22Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/21/2012, 12:40 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

if so, I vote yes

youre disgusting!

Yes he was, but does he not use his dogs for SAR. If I post an avatar of my dog, does that mean that I am also into beastality.

It wasn't a dog, it was a sheep.He had an avatar of a man and sheep having sex.Apparently he finds that to be significant.

23Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/21/2012, 1:13 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

if so, I vote yes

youre disgusting!

It wasn't a dog, it was a sheep.He had an avatar of a man and sheep having sex.Apparently he finds that to be significant.

Yeah, a couple of folks have gone a little far with avatars on this forum... If they were trying to impress anyone, they failed.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

24Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/21/2012, 1:18 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:

Sorry, I missed that one!

25Vote yes on 6 Empty Re: Vote yes on 6 10/21/2012, 1:42 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

if so, I vote yes

youre disgusting!

Yeah, a couple of folks have gone a little far with avatars on this forum... If they were trying to impress anyone, they failed.

True. It gave a new perspective on who they are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum