Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Survey: Doctors( and economist ) choose Romney over Obama

+3
knothead
Slicef18
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

A new survey shows Mitt Romney with a commanding lead over President Barack Obama among doctors, with Obamacare helping to sway their votes.

If the election were held today, 55 percent of physicians reported they would vote for Romney while just 36 percent support Obama, according to a survey released by Jackson & Coker, a division of Jackson Healthcare, the third largest health care staffing company in the United States

Fifteen percent of respondents said they were switching their vote from Obama in 2008 to Romney in 2012. The top reasons cited for this change was the Affordable Care Act and the failure to address tort reform.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/01/survey-doctors-choose-romney-over-obama/#ixzz285iCADXP

Last edited by Rogue on 10/2/2012, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

It was taken at a proctology convention.....they are familiar with Romney.

2seaoat wrote:It was taken at a proctology convention.....they are familiar with Romney.

thats the best you got?

what i found more revealing is that such a high % voted for him in 2008 and ARE NOT going to this time.

its telling.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Rogue wrote:A new survey shows Mitt Romney with a commanding lead over President Barack Obama among doctors, with Obamacare helping to sway their votes.

If the election were held today, 55 percent of physicians reported they would vote for Romney while just 36 percent support Obama, according to a survey released by Jackson & Coker, a division of Jackson Healthcare, the third largest health care staffing company in the United States

Fifteen percent of respondents said they were switching their vote from Obama in 2008 to Romney in 2012. The top reasons cited for this change was the Affordable Care Act and the failure to address tort reform.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/01/survey-doctors-choose-romney-over-obama/#ixzz285iCADXP

It's worth noting. the survey was conducted by Jackson & Coker, a division of Jackson Healthcare a staffing company who places doctors and nurses who are not proficient enough to get permanent employment with any medical group or hospital. Sampling physicians who are permanently staffed with medical groups and hospitals instead of locum tenes may well have resulted in different results.

2seaoat

The average physician makes over 200k a year. The president is going to raise taxes on most physicians, and as certain as the sun will rise.....they are going to start looking at supply and demand for doctors and who is controlling the graduation levels of our medical schools. They are also going to look at the profit centers of physicians who own their own labs......cleaning up fraud and waste......taxing high income folks, and creating more competition.......well would you vote for a person who would be negatively impacting your wallet......nope.....but America wins when the fraud and policies that bring efficiencies to our system are addressed.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:The average physician makes over 200k a year. The president is going to raise taxes on most physicians, and as certain as the sun will rise.....they are going to start looking at supply and demand for doctors and who is controlling the graduation levels of our medical schools. They are also going to look at the profit centers of physicians who own their own labs......cleaning up fraud and waste......taxing high income folks, and creating more competition.......well would you vote for a person who would be negatively impacting your wallet......nope.....but America wins when the fraud and policies that bring efficiencies to our system are addressed.

Exactly! What the medical community sees on the horizon is that more scrutiny will be in their future and by necessity accountability will be inserted into an out of control industry. Cost containment will cause some shrill voices but it is obvious that there is rampant waste and fraud that must be addressed.

According to a short article I read in Time yesterday, a series of prominent economists, while they don't particularly like Romney, feel he is better equipped to get the economy back on track than the failure BHO.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:According to a short article I read in Time yesterday, a series of prominent economists, while they don't particularly like Romney, feel he is better equipped to get the economy back on track than the failure BHO.

Names?

for those of you that might recall... i got out of the medical biz as fast as i could in 2009.

bad ideas fail.

Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:According to a short article I read in Time yesterday, a series of prominent economists, while they don't particularly like Romney, feel he is better equipped to get the economy back on track than the failure BHO.

Names?

Look them up yourself, you think you know everything! If you subscribe to Time you can log in and read it.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Names?

Look them up yourself, you think you know everything! If you subscribe to Time you can log in and read it.

Wowsers!! Lazy, stupid and angry.

Why bother making the effort to comment (twice) if you don't want to discuss the issue? Paul Krugman is a prominent economist. Do you also agree with him?

[quote="Margin Call"][quote="nochain"]
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:According to a short article I read in Time yesterday, a series of prominent econom.

Wowsers!! Lazy, stupid and angry.

Why bother making the effort to comment (twice) if you don't want to discuss the issue?

If you are too ignorant to do your homework don't act like a child and ask others to do so then fling a few playground insults around. Hilarious.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Perhaps this is the article nobrain was referring to?

Economists reluctantly pick Romney

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Economists think Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney would be better for the economy than President Obama. But they're not very enthusiastic about either of them.
Nine of 17 top economists surveyed by CNNMoney picked Romney when asked whose election would help the economy grow more. Only three picked Obama.
But the remaining five made no pick, with several suggesting neither would provide much of a lift to the sagging economy.
"Obama doesn't really understand business and Romney doesn't really understand how to govern. So pick your poison," said Gary Rosenberger of EconoPlay, one of those surveyed who refused to give a pick.
And many of those picking Romney were more critical of, as opposed to excited about, the Republican challenger's plans.
"Romney's policies would likely be less bad for the economy than Obama's," said Bill Watkins, executive director of the Center for Economic Research and Forecasting at Cal Lutheran University.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/30/news/economy/romney-obama-economists/index.html

othershoe1030 wrote:Perhaps this is the article nobrain was referring to?

[size=18the Center for Economic Research and Forecasting at Cal Lutheran University.

"Nobrain"? I see the morons are out today. Even though I was right I still have "no brain". What a bunch of childish idiots.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

nochain wrote:

[size=18the Center for Economic Research and Forecasting at Cal Lutheran University.

"Nobrain"? I see the morons are out today. Even though I was right I still have "no brain". What a bunch of childish idiots.
Well, really, you could have posted the article you referenced or could have admitted you had forgotten where you'd read it. Instead you came back all in MC's face when you were the one that mentioned the article. Wow.

othershoe1030 wrote:
nochain wrote:

Well, really, you could have posted the article you referenced or could have admitted you had forgotten where you'd read it. Instead you came back all in MC's face when you were the one that mentioned the article. Wow.

Well genius, how do you suggest I link a PAPER ARTICLE from a magazine?????? As I stated, it was in Time magazine and suggested the yahoo could login if they subscribed. I am certainly not going to offer my login information. You simpletons can't even follow a thread.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

nochain wrote:
Well genius, how do you suggest I link a PAPER ARTICLE from a magazine?????? As I stated, it was in Time magazine and suggested the yahoo could login if they subscribed. I am certainly not going to offer my login information. You simpletons can't even follow a thread.

My sincere apologies. I did not notice your reference to Time Magazine in your first post.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
nochain wrote:

Nobody asked for your login info. I only asked that you provide some names so we could discuss what has unnecessarily turned into a pointless comment. Knowing that you read it in the paper version, it would seem that common courtesy would dictate that you could provide some names since, as you stated "how do you suggest I link a PAPER ARTICLE from a magazine??????". No

Margin Call

Margin Call

I can't find the article. I guess nochain made it up! Why would someone lie about something like that?

Margin Call wrote:I can't find the article. I guess nochain made it up! Why would someone lie about something like that?

Do you know how to read? Othershoe provided essentially the same article with a link - in fact the link is even embedded in one of your reply posts.. At least try to follow the thread sport.

Slicef18 wrote:
Rogue wrote:A new survey shows Mitt Romney with a commanding lead over President Barack Obama among doctors, with Obamacare helping to sway their votes.

It's worth noting. the survey was conducted by Jackson & Coker, a division of Jackson Healthcare a staffing company who places doctors and nurses who are not proficient enough to get permanent employment with any medical group or hospital. Sampling physicians who are permanently staffed with medical groups and hospitals instead of locum tenes may well have resulted in different results.

I have news for you. Most healthcare professionals use what we term"head hunters". Its the trend of the last decade.

however, you chose to attack the polster instead of the facts. We know what that means.

OS thanks for that article. It was very informative. It took guts to post that when its not to obama's benefit. You get Thanks.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:I can't find the article. I guess nochain made it up! Why would someone lie about something like that?

Do you know how to read? Othershoe provided essentially the same article with a link - in fact the link is even embedded in one of your reply posts.. At least try to follow the thread sport.

The inference from your following post was that it was not the same article. Since you now say it is essentially the same article, I should point out that 9 of 17 that prefer Romney is equal to roughly HALF surveyed. Overwhelming!

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Economists think Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney would be better for the economy than President Obama. But they're not very enthusiastic about either of them.
Nine of 17 top economists surveyed by CNNMoney picked Romney when asked whose election would help the economy grow more. Only three picked Obama.
But the remaining five made no pick, with several suggesting neither would provide much of a lift to the sagging economy.
"Obama doesn't really understand business and Romney doesn't really understand how to govern. So pick your poison," said Gary Rosenberger of EconoPlay, one of those surveyed who refused to give a pick.
And many of those picking Romney were more critical of, as opposed to excited about, the Republican challenger's plans.
"Romney's policies would likely be less bad for the economy than Obama's," said Bill Watkins, executive director of the Center for Economic Research and Forecasting at Cal Lutheran University.

Interesting article. my only comment on it would be Im not sure how they think obama can govern better than romney. I guess they are gving him the incumbent benefit.

Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

The inference from your following post was that it was not the same article. Since you now say it is essentially the same article, I should point out that 9 of 17 that prefer Romney is equal to roughly HALF surveyed. Overwhelming!

You make absolutely no sense at all but I am sure you are used to people telling you that.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Rogue wrote:

Interesting article. my only comment on it would be Im not sure how they think obama can govern better than romney. I guess they are gving him the incumbent benefit.

My conclusion from the article is that an economist that few people have ever heard of thinks one guy is going to get Congress to work with him more effectively. However, the article never stated why.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum