Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I think they're just giggling up their sleeves at how stupid their base is now

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zsomething

Pretty sure they're doing this just so they can laugh at whoever falls for it.  They're mocking their followers for all the abuse they're willing to take now.  There's not much other reason to do it, beyond the sheer stupid greed.

For one thing, NFT's are such a right-wing thing.  Nobody with any sense buys those, but right-wingers "invest" in them all the time.  All they are are internet pictures that they hope they can re-sell.  You get, really, nothing.  It's like if I charged y'all fifty bucks for this -  Rolling Eyes - and then you hoped, someday, you could find some fool who'd give you $75 for it.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-says-hell-sell-205756382.html

Donald Trump says he'll sell you a piece of the 'priceless' suit he wore in his mugshot — but make sure to read the fine print
Kelsey Vlamis,Madison Hall
Tue, December 12, 2023 at 2:57 PM CST·2 min read
Donald Trump says he'll sell you a piece of the 'priceless' suit he wore in his mugshot — but make sure to read the fine print

A new promotion guarantees a piece of Trump's suit if you buy 47 $99 NFTs.

The $4,653 purchase also promises a dinner at Mar-a-Lago with the former president.

The fine print on the website, however, says there's no guarantee you'll get either.

Former President Donald Trump is selling pieces of the suit he wore when his mugshot was taken and a dinner at Mar-a-Lago with the man himself — but you should probably read the fine print before purchasing.

Trump wore a navy suit and red tie when he was arrested and booked at the Fulton County Jail in Georgia on August 24, 2023, in a sprawling RICO case that accused him and 10 co-defendants of trying to overturn the 2020 election.

To get a piece of the suit — "the most historically significant artifact in United States history," according to the site — you have to purchase 47 Trump-themed digital trading card NFTs.

Each one, including the latest "MugShot edition," currently sells for $99 apiece. That means, to get a small piece of the former president's suit, you'd have to spend $4,653 in NFTs (and that's not including "gas fees").

According to the site promoted by Trump on Truth Social, buying 47 digital cards also promises the buyer an "extraordinary" dinner with him at Mar-a-Lago.

The fine print, however, notes that there's a chance the cards' purchaser never receives a physical card or piece of Trump's suit at all.

"In the event the Bonus Physical Card cannot be fulfilled due to an issue in the manufacturing, production, or delivery on the Bonus Physical Cards, individuals who qualified for the Bonus Physical Card will be awarded a limited edition Trump NFT in lieu thereof, as determined by us in our sole discretion," the terms and conditions say.

It also says that winners of the Mar-a-Lago dinner will be responsible for all of their travel expenses, including transportation and lodging.

The possibility also exists that Trump may not be able to make it to the dinner at Mar-a-Lago.

"In the event President Trump is unable to attend the Bonus Gala Dinner," or the dinner cannot happen for any other reason, "then we may reschedule the Bonus Gala Dinner or individuals who qualified for the Bonus Gala Dinner will be awarded a limited edition Trump NFT in lieu thereof, as determined by us in our sole discretion," according to the terms.

Trump's push to get his supporters to buy NFTs comes just under a year after he first announced the digital cards in December 2022, which he revealed after previously teasing a "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT."

So you gotta pay around five grand for a bunch of nothin', and then you might not (spoiler alert: you won't) get the physical item, anyway, because they reserve the right to give you another NFT instead.

So, it's like "Buy ten of these  -- Rolling Eyes -- at a thousand dollars each and you get a car, a boat, and dinner with Taylor Swift.  OR, we might give you one of these -- No -- instead, it's up to us.  Which do you think you're gonna get -- the thing that might actually cost 'em something, or the fucking-nothing that costs 'em zilch?

It's like that classic line from The Wild Bunch:

"Here ya are with a handfulla holes, a thumb up your ass, and a big grin to pass the time of day with!"

Anything to "own the hated libs" though, eh?

Meanwhile, this is who they're in bed with:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dinner-guest-says-perfidious-191752989.html    

Dude, who Trump invited to dinner, says that when they seize power, they need to murder everyone who's not Christian.

And Republicans will convince themselves that that doesn't matter. They'll keep saying it even when somebody's eventually liberating the camps they built. I'm fairly sure of that because this ain't the first time conservatives have said "Aw, that's not gonna really happen" before. O' course, last time they were saying it in German...

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

zsomething

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-speculates-wildly-covid-224829474.html

Asked during a town hall about the origins of Covid-19, presidential candidate Donald Trump speculated wildly:

“When we had just prior to the China virus coming in, if you don't mind, I'd like to be accurate, as opposed to COVID, it is the China virus. It came out of Wuhan. And I said a long time ago in your show, it came out of Wuhan. They were saying it came out of caves, bat caves, 2,000 miles away. Came out of Italy, it came out of France. No, it came out of Wuhan, the labs. And I don't, and by the way, I don't think it was done, I think it was done out of incompetence. That's what I think. I believe that a scientist went out, said hello to his girlfriend, and that was the end of that. She died, and then people started dying all over the place, but who knows, who knows. I can tell you one thing. I got along with President Xi, but I took in $400 billion in tariffs and taxes from China.“

Jesus pogosticking Christ. This fucking idiot doesn't even know how tariffs work! He imposes them, to the detriment of the economy, and he doesn't even know how they work!

My god, what kind of shit-with-eyes would still even consider voting for this skull-full-of-potatoes?!

China didn't pay anything. American importers paid tariffs on any Chinese goods, which was intended to discourage buying from China... but a lot of that stuff we had to buy, regardless, because it isn't made here... which is one reason people were saying how stupid it all was. Then the price of those imported goods goes up, here in America. Those tariffs Trump imposed are part of what drives the inflation that Republican imbeciles think Biden caused.

God help us all, we're a country being held hostage by its stupidest, worst people.

Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

RealLindaL

It's all totally un-blanking-believable. And to think that this stupidity and idiocy was lurking in such huge numbers during all the prior-to-Trump years when I thought - without really having to think about it - that most of my fellow Americans, including Republicans, were pretty reasonable people. Laugh's on all of us.

zsomething likes this post

zsomething

Republicans are just looking stupid and more gullible now over the shit they were so eager to fall for about Hunter Biden. Laughing

This is pretty great...

zsomething

Very Happy

I think they're just giggling up their sleeves at how stupid their base is now 1674ckCOMICdonaldandjohn-time-outs

The only thing more idiotic than a useful idiot are the idiots who devote all their time to defending him. And there are a LOT of those... clown

Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum