Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FB takes down "offensive and deeply troubling" Trump posts with inverted red triangle

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/facebook-removes-offensive-and-deeply-troubling-trump-ads-with-an-infamous-nazi-symbol/

So...88 of them, all with 14 words...which is absolutely not a dog whistle, but a damn bullhorn.

The new tactic is posts like this:

I’m so confused right now. I see signs all over saying black lives matter. I’m just trying to figure out which black lives matter. It can’t be the unborn black babies. They are destroyed without a second thought. It’s not black cops. They don’t seem to matter. It’s not my black conservative friends. They are told to shut the **** up if they know what’s best for them by their black counterparts. It’s not black business owners. Their property does not mean anything. It’s not blacks who fought in the military. Their statues are destroyed by the black lives matter protesters with disdain. So which black lives matter again?
I can’t keep up. I just can’t. I’m exhausted trying to figure out what we’re all supposed to do, believe, and be offended and outraged by next.
Two months ago, First Responders were all the rage. In fact, they were heroes. We gave them free coffee, meals, and cheers as they drove by.Today we hate them and want them defunded because they can’t be trusted.
Two months ago, truck drivers were the heroes, as well, for keeping America moving and the grocery stores stocked. Today we block the roads with protesters, drag them out of the cabs and beat them half to death.
Nurses and Doctors are still cool for now. But they may be unemployed. They too are heroes, unless of course they truly believe all lives matter. Then they’re filled with hate and are part of problem like so many others.
Just 45 days ago protests weren’t “essential” and were considered criminal, selfish and a murderous activity. Today they are gloriously critical and celebrated. All of the obvious criminal and murderous activities are simply ignored. If you protest about lockdowns for freedom, you are selfish and you will spread a virus. If you protest, loot, and riot for social justice, you are a warrior and the virus cedes.
Trust the experts. No, not those experts. Don’t wear masks ... wear masks, but only good ones. Wait, don’t wear masks, wear anything as a mask. Nevermind on the masks. Not sure, but if you don’t, you hate people because you could be an asymptomatic spreader. Wait. That's not a thing anymore?
For 3 months, NOTHING was more important than social distance. In fact, we gave up all of our liberties for it. We canceled schools, medical and dental procedures, yet allowed the murder of babies, canceled activities, closed businesses, eliminated every spring rite of passage from prom to graduation, denied people funerals, even at Arlington, and we wrecked the economy for it. Then came social justice, and social distance was no more. Now things are more cut and dry though. A thousand people at three memorials for someone they never even met. It's a matter of "respect". But you can only assemble 100 or less people.
Black Lives Matter. Of course they do. Then multiple black police officers and individuals were killed during the “peaceful protests”. I don’t see any outrage. Black individually owned businesses burned to the ground. Silence. Deadliest weekend in Chicago. NOTHING!!
I’m really confused now. Look at the data, NO, not that data. Do the math. No, you can’t do the math like that. Only the experts can understand the data and math. What do you mean other cities/states/governors are interpreting the data differently? Pools are safe in Indiana, but not Michigan? Playgrounds are safe in your town but not mine? Amusement parks are safe in Florida but not Ohio, nor Michigan.
Just listen to the black community leaders. No, not them.
If you are silent you are part of the problem. If you speak, you are part of the problem. If you have to ask, you don’t understand. If you don’t ask, you don’t care.
It’s all so predictable, tedious, and exhausting. Nothing adds up. It’s one gigantic common core Math life problem, with ever changing denominators that I’m sure the media and politicians are eagerly ready to solve for us....until the next "crisis".
So for now I pray. I pray God will heal our land and bless the United States of America.
***Copied From A Friend***

Yep, it's "tedious and nauseating", no doubt about it. I guess the source of these screeds thinks they won't be reported because they come from FB friends. Nay, nay...they will be reported.

zsomething

Yeah, this is crazy. There's so much crazy in this past week that I'm overwhelmed by it all. I could write a dozen different posts (Bolton's book, etc.) so I've been writing none 'cuz there's just so freakin' much.

Trump using a symbol for his political opponents... that Nazis used to signify political enemies. It's just crazy. They claim that "Antifa" wears 'em... and maybe they do, which doesn't mean antifa are Nazis, it means that Nazis should view them as their enemies. Which is pretty much what Antifa is all about -- being the enemies of Nazis. If Trump uses that symbol for them, that's a different thing, because antifa are their opposition. They're basically agreeing, "Yeah, you antifa guys are our enemies."

And then you've got that little chirping, over-rated moron, Ben Shapiro, claiming that people simultaneously think Trump's an idiot but that he also knows obscure Nazi symbols, the history of Tulsa, and what "Juneteenth" is. For one thing, I'm surprised that Republicans think Juneteenth is obscure. It's really not. Maybe it is to them, because they're so poorly-read and disinterested in anything but their own culture, but not knowing about Juneteenth is kinda like not knowing there's such a thing as Yom Kippur or Ramadan. Even if you don't practice it, you should certainly know of its existence if you're educated at all.

And I don't think Trump knows about any of that -- hell, I don't think Trump knew of Frederick Douglass until he got in office, and I'm still not sure he knows he's dead. I wouldn't be that surprised if Trump didn't know what Christmas is supposed to be celebrating, and I'm not even joking. But Trump is mostly just a product, pushed around by handlers. And his handlers damn sure know about red triangles, the history of Tulsa, and Juneteenth. And the significance of "14" and "88." Yep, it's not a dog-whistle, it's an a a-OOO-gah horn.

All Trump really has left is his cult, and he's trying to shore them up so that his many failures and disappointments don't nudge even them away.

The Nazis and "Boogaloo Bois" are making a last-ditch stand because this is really it for them. And, honestly, they should just go ahead and fucking despair. When "Unite The Right" tries to do a rally the best they've ever managed is a couple hundred, and more often it's been more like a dozen. Even the old TEA Party meet-ups usually only got a couple dozen people at best.

Meanwhile, look at what their opposition can put in the streets. For weeks now.

They still wanna fight? And, yeah, I know they really believe "liberals don't have guns." That's some shiiiit, brah. I barely know a liberal who doesn't have guns. Hell, as a kid I used to shoot things that were technically "out of range." I don't want to shoot anybody, dreaming of that ain't one of my hobbies, but if they come at me and don't give me much other choice? Shiiiit.

They keep talking about "seceding" and shit. How'd that work out for 'em last time, when the black folks -- who make up around 40% of every Southern state -- weren't allowed to have guns? They think black people are going to side with them? And a hell of a lot of us white people will be siding against against them, too. So, that "Boogaloo" shit? Baaaaaaaad idea, for a million different reasons. And they keep trying to force it.

Another Boogaloo jerkoff trying to lay the blame on the right's fictional "antifa" killed some cops.

https://news.yahoo.com/extreme-boogaloo-follower-charged-over-000548248.html

Does the right wake up about what's being pulled on them, though? Nope. You can't wake 'em up any more than you can wake up Scientologists. They've got too much invested in not-being-wrong-about-the-MOUNTAINS-of-shit-they're-wrong-about, and they flat-out hate us too much to ever give up a bad idea because they'd rather go down with it than admit we were right.

Look at 'em, still trying to act like Obama was "terrible" while they completely ignore the tsunami of unConstitutional filth and enemy-nation-empowerment that's coming at all of us. They're trying to act like anything Democrats did was in any way comparable to the levels of corruption they're just turning a blind eye to.

It's absurd, really. There's just so much stuff this week it's hard to even begin with it. I mean, the stuff in that Bolton book is worth a dozen threads here on its own...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:Yeah, this is crazy.  There's so much crazy in this past week that I'm overwhelmed by it all.  I could write a dozen different posts (Bolton's book, etc.) so I've been writing none 'cuz there's just so freakin' much.

Trump using a symbol for his political opponents... that Nazis used to signify political enemies.  It's just crazy.   They claim that "Antifa" wears 'em... and maybe they do, which doesn't mean antifa are Nazis, it means that Nazis should view them as their enemies.  Which is pretty much what Antifa is all about -- being the enemies of Nazis.  If Trump uses that symbol for them, that's a different thing, because antifa are their opposition.  They're basically agreeing, "Yeah, you antifa guys are our enemies."

And then you've got that little chirping, over-rated moron, Ben Shapiro, claiming that people simultaneously think Trump's an idiot but that he also knows obscure Nazi symbols, the history of Tulsa, and what "Juneteenth" is.   For one thing, I'm surprised that Republicans think Juneteenth is obscure.  It's really not.  Maybe it is to them, because they're so poorly-read and disinterested in anything but their own culture, but not knowing about Juneteenth is kinda like not knowing there's such a thing as Yom Kippur or Ramadan.  Even if you don't practice it, you should certainly know of its existence if you're educated at all.  

And I don't think Trump knows about any of that -- hell, I don't think Trump knew of Frederick Douglass until he got in office, and I'm still not sure he knows he's dead.  I wouldn't be that surprised if Trump didn't know what Christmas is supposed to be celebrating, and I'm not even joking.  But Trump is mostly just a product, pushed around by handlers.  And his handlers damn sure know about red triangles, the history of Tulsa, and Juneteenth.  And the significance of "14" and "88."   Yep, it's not a dog-whistle, it's an a a-OOO-gah horn.

All Trump really has left is his cult, and he's trying to shore them up so that his many failures and disappointments don't nudge even them away.

The Nazis and "Boogaloo Bois" are making a last-ditch stand because this is really it for them.  And, honestly, they should just go ahead and fucking despair.  When "Unite The Right" tries to do a rally the best they've ever managed is a couple hundred, and more often it's been more like a dozen.  Even the old TEA Party meet-ups usually only got a couple dozen people at best.  

Meanwhile, look at what their opposition can put in the streets.  For weeks now.  

They still wanna fight?   And, yeah, I know they really believe "liberals don't have guns."  That's some shiiiit, brah.  I barely know a liberal who doesn't have guns.   Hell, as a kid I used to shoot things that were technically "out of range."  I don't want to shoot anybody, dreaming of that ain't one of my hobbies, but if they come at me and don't give me much other choice?  Shiiiit.

They keep talking about "seceding" and shit.  How'd that work out for 'em last time, when the black folks -- who make up around 40% of every Southern state -- weren't allowed to have guns?   They think black people are going to side with them?  And a hell of a lot of us white people will be siding against against them, too.  So, that "Boogaloo" shit?  Baaaaaaaad idea, for a million different reasons.  And they keep trying to force it.  

Another Boogaloo jerkoff trying to lay the blame on the right's fictional "antifa" killed some cops.  

https://news.yahoo.com/extreme-boogaloo-follower-charged-over-000548248.html

Does the right wake up about what's being pulled on them, though?  Nope.  You can't wake 'em up any more than you can wake up Scientologists.  They've got too much invested in not-being-wrong-about-the-MOUNTAINS-of-shit-they're-wrong-about, and they flat-out hate us too much to ever give up a bad idea because they'd rather go down with it than admit we were right.

Look at 'em, still trying to act like Obama was "terrible" while they completely ignore the tsunami of unConstitutional filth and enemy-nation-empowerment that's coming at all of us.  They're trying to act like anything Democrats did was in any way comparable to the levels of corruption they're just turning a blind eye to.

It's absurd, really.  There's just so much stuff this week it's hard to even begin with it.   I mean, the stuff in that Bolton book is worth a dozen threads here on its own...

Yeah, life is challenging enough without having to deal with the constant bullcrap coming from Trump. Bolton is someone I never trusted, and still don't. The fact that he didn't testify tells the story. I'm waiting for Mary Trump's book.

RealLindaL

And now add to Bolton's book the terrifying scenario at SDNY.  I'd like to think the House will really investigate (and/or be able to actually learn anything) but, like so many other dictatorial moves by this administration, this, too, will likely fade from the news and be given a pass.  GAWD, is it November yet???  We're in deep doo-doo.

P.S.  Yeah, I know this topic deserves a new thread.  But it's 2 a.m. and I'm tired -- and I'm also just plain...tired.  I admire zsomething and FT for keeping things going.  More dedicated folks than I, by a long shot.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 6/21/2020, 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added P.S.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum