Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Empty HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! 11/28/2019, 1:18 pm

RealLindaL

And here's the REAL story of the woman who lobbied for decades for a Thanksgiving holiday.   THANK YOU, Sarah Josepha Hale.   Will drink a toast (OK, iced tea) to you today.

https://www.history.com/news/abraham-lincoln-and-the-mother-of-thanksgiving

2HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Empty Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! 11/28/2019, 11:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Happy Thanksgiving, what an incredible day!

3HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Empty Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! 11/29/2019, 12:38 pm

RealLindaL

Particularly incredible because....?

4HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Empty Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! 11/29/2019, 12:46 pm

RealLindaL

Have been thinking about Seaoat during this first of the holiday season's celebrations without him in the world.  Hope Mrs. Sea, the kids and the grands had a nice Thanksgiving despite the inevitable sadness of missing him.  Sad

5HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Empty Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! 12/1/2019, 12:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I think about Seaoat all the time.

Great Thanksgiving with my family. Everything on time. The kids commandeered the big table and the little ones had the kiddos table next to it. It was so much fun watching them laughing, giggling, telling stories, and interacting without reservations. The little ones hanging onto the bigger kids. Happiness!

Didn’t matter the adults ended up sitting at the bar and dining room table, we enjoyed their time together!  After dinner we were joined by close friends for nibbling left overs and sharing desserts. After dinner, the girls had all the Black Friday ads and plotted their shopping expedition!

All 19 of us!

6HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Empty Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! 12/1/2019, 1:09 pm

RealLindaL

Thanks for the descriptive recap, Joani. It does sound like an almost idyllic Thanksgiving -- though I have to admit that hubby and I are enjoying our quiet holiday time for ourselves in our old age.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum