Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Government mandate November 2013

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Government mandate November 2013 Empty Government mandate November 2013 6/22/2012, 11:21 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

There is a government mandate effective November 2013 regarding incandescent light bulbs.
Effective November 2013, all incandescent light bulbs will be removed from retail, wholesale, and internet outlets shelves.

Slicef18 wrote: Effective November 2013, all incandescent light bulbs will be removed from retail, wholesale, and internet outlets shelves.

Good... I guess.

I used to have a house that ate incandescent light bulbs. I never did figure out why, but in some areas they wouldn't last more than a couple of months.

I like the LED bulbs. The color is whiter and they don't get so hot (yes, they get warm in recessed can-type fixtures, but you can still touch them). They just need to get cheaper to purchase.

Does our Gubment really have to make a rule to outlaw incandescent bulbs? There goes another chip in our liberties. If the manufacturers could get the price down on replacements, the market would drive the switch.

Sal

Sal

The only mandate is one for higher energy efficiency standards for incandescent bulbs. There is no ban.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I make my own lighbulbs out of corn stalks, paste from berries, and leftover wire from old recycled computers.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

I don't think I have heard of the corn stalk method. I use my left over beer bottles and fireflies.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I use the firefly in the bottle alternative as a night light.

ghandi wrote:...paste from berries.

Berries, huh? Flour mixed with water makes a pretty good paste.

My dad demonstrated to his kids how they used to make kites with newspaper, some sticks, string, and flour paste... like they did in the 1920's. (It didn't fly too good, but I gave him an "A" for effort.)

He did invent the modern Fork Lift Marina concept, though. He was a very talented guy.
http://ericericson.net/ForkLiftMarinas.pdf (7 megs)

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Berries can make a very good paste. And it can be colorful as well.
That's how I made my kids crayons. Bamboo shutes dipped in fresh squeezed berry juice.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Ghandi, you are a regular Euell Gibbons.

Slicef18

Slicef18

salinsky wrote:The only mandate is one for higher energy efficiency standards for incandescent bulbs. There is no ban.

I believe you're right. I'm guessing a HOME DEPOT memo was sent down the line, and like most all communication, the storyline changes ever so slightly with each telling.

Sal

Sal

Slicef18 wrote:
salinsky wrote:The only mandate is one for higher energy efficiency standards for incandescent bulbs. There is no ban.

I believe you're right. I'm guessing a HOME DEPOT memo was sent down the line, and like most all communication, the storyline changes ever so slightly with each telling.

It's really incredible that the Republicans in Congress with an assist from the usual right-wing echo chamber continues to try to delay and/or block and/or grossly mischaracterize the change in efficiency standards. American bulb manufacturers have already retooled to meet the new technology standards and stand to lose a lot of money and jobs if these standards aren't raised, allowing cheap substandard imports on the market. The only reasonable explanation for the their behavior is that they are fully owned by the fossil fuel industry. On a somewhat related note, did you see that recently the Republicans in Congress voted to block the military from instituting alternative fuel strategies? Mind-bogglingly unpatriotic and wrong-headed thinking. Mad

Slicef18

Slicef18

salinsky wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

It's really incredible that the Republicans in Congress with an assist from the usual right-wing echo chamber continues to try to delay and/or block and/or grossly mischaracterize the change in efficiency standards. American bulb manufacturers have already retooled to meet the new technology standards and stand to lose a lot of money and jobs if these standards aren't raised, allowing cheap substandard imports on the market. The only reasonable explanation for the their behavior is that they are fully owned by the fossil fuel industry. On a somewhat related note, did you see that recently the Republicans in Congress voted to block the military from instituting alternative fuel strategies? Mind-bogglingly unpatriotic and wrong-headed thinking. Mad

It's what they do.

Markle

Markle

salinsky wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Most American bulb manufacturers have shut down. Most bulbs are now being manufactured in China and Mexico.

Keep up the good work, you're pushing more and more jobs to other countries.

We have PLENTY of oil, enough or many, many decades.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum