Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

huge flooding coming this spring in midwest

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

the quad cities is starting to panic. There is over four feet of water frozen up river which is a record and if there is a sudden melt......record floods are being predicted......great......four miles of road, and I can no longer get in the bobcat to move debris......we have a bit of bad luck starting to snowball.......being alive however trumps everything.

folks this climate change is going to get scary.

2seaoat

my wife is saying NO.....NO......No, but I want to build a portable stairs with handrails which will allow me to walk up into the seat, and then get out. I just do not have any muscle left to move my skeleton, but hell.....I am crazy and I now have a new goal.

2seaoat

the army corps of engineers needs to be capturing these flood waters and pump the water to the southwest. this should have been started ten years ago. infrastructure which is not a wall.....totally ignored.

Telstar

Telstar

East, Midwest Spring Flooding May Be More Widespread This Year Due, in Part, to What Happened Last Year

Spring flooding might be a more widespread problem along rivers in the Midwest and Northeast in 2019 due to a number of accumulating factors over the past several months.

The combination of melting snow, additional rain and snow and rising temperatures all play crucial roles in determining how widespread and severe spring river flooding is from March through May in the Midwest and Northeast.

https://weather.com/safety/floods/news/2019-02-13-spring-flooding-threat-plains-midwest-east

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:my wife is saying NO.....NO......No, but I want to build a portable stairs with handrails which will allow me to walk up into the seat, and then get out.  I just do not have any muscle left to move my skeleton, but hell.....I am crazy and I now have a new goal.

You're beyond funny, and yeah, also slightly nuts. Goals are good, but maybe some are not meant to actually be fulfilled. You think?

RealLindaL

Between fire, flood, water level rise, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, et al -- no one is entirely safe. Yet people have always loved to disparage others for their choice of residence:

You shouldn't live in the low country!

You shouldn't live near that river!

You shouldn't live on that island!

You shouldn't live in that sinkhole-prone area!

You shouldn't live in the Tornado Belt!

You shouldn't live near that fault line!

You shouldn't live in that forested area!

You shouldn't live on that tsunami-prone coast!

Etc., etc.

People should just shut the hell up about others' choices and accept that the world needs serious climate change regulation, and this country needs National Disaster Insurance, since someone else's misfortune this year could be yours in the next.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:Between fire, flood, water level rise, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, et al -- no one is entirely safe.   Yet people have always loved to disparage others for their choice of residence:

You shouldn't live in the low country!

You shouldn't live near that river!

You shouldn't live on that island!

You shouldn't live in that sinkhole-prone area!

You shouldn't live in the Tornado Belt!

You shouldn't live near that fault line!

You shouldn't live in that forested area!

You shouldn't live on that tsunami-prone coast!

Etc., etc.

People should just shut the hell up about others' choices and accept that the world needs serious climate change regulation, and this country needs National Disaster Insurance, since someone else's misfortune this year could be yours in the next.

Agreed. At least 23 killed in Alabama yesterday by a tornado, at Beauregard, near your old home town.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:At least 23 killed in Alabama yesterday by a tornado, at Beauregard, near your old home town.  

MY old home town of Richmond, VA??? Either you have me confused with someone else, or else you need to make clear who the "your" is, if not the person you're quoting.

2seaoat

Agreed. At least 23 killed in Alabama yesterday by a tornado, at Beauregard, near your old home town.

my family lived there from the 1860s coming from over the Georgia border. Does anybody think it is fair or just to see a child killed in a tornado. Everything ends and that is why everything continues.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote: Everything ends and that is why everything continues.

Sorry, makes no sense to me. Implies that the universe and/or its rules are fair and just. I doubt it. But what do I know? Nothing more than any living human being - i.e., nothing.

2seaoat

They have my wife getting up every four hour and gives me ten drops of morphiine and two medical pot hard candies. I have gone two weeks without much pain, but I am not lucid and having troubletypnt. enough improvemenent inpain that I will try to walk to thd dar and stat itl I need to socialize on my own, but I am plastered right now tith the levls or ruttw. I cannot see the keyboard and my memory typing appears pretty flawed as au cabbit fubd tge ieys

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Stay off the Bob Cat.... pulling for Mrs. Sea to win this argument.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Stay off the Bob Cat.... pulling for Mrs. Sea to win this argument.

Hope he meant he was going to walk to the car and start it. Didn't see anything about the Bobcat this time...thank goodness.

Sea, are you breathing OK with all that morphine?

2seaoat

I am dying now. Still urninating and can wal to bathroom. I wish I would give you hope of comfort but the truth is I am in my own private hell. I still follow the nba and get wonderful smiles, I hope the granddaughters

RealLindaL

Sea? Can you finish your thought about the granddaughters?

Hate that you're suffering so terribly. No one should have to endure this. It's just wrong, and I don't care how 'natural.' Screw nature and natural!

2seaoat

granddaughters will visil sunday. i am just betting out of bed and hope the visit will go well. I am having real difficulty typing.

RealLindaL

OK, well, kiddo, all you can do is the best you can do. Thanks a million for your messages, no matter how short. Glad to hear you can still make it out of bed and to the bathroom. That's the ol' Seaoat perseverance at work!

Here's hoping along with you that you have a nice visit on Sunday. Hope the grands can give you a boost. Don't forget to let us know how it went, tho of course will hope for more communications before Sunday, as and when you can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum