Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Calling zsomething re MS runoff

+4
2seaoat
EmeraldGhost
Telstar
RealLindaL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/28/2018, 10:27 am

zsomething

Yeah, that meth-mouthed idiot won. I guess there's still more people here who are happy having a hootin' hollerin' moron representing 'em... all too accurately in most cases. Mississippi has a few of the smartest, kindest people I've ever met... and a whole lot of just absolute drain-clog worthless pieces of shit who'll never do a thing worth a damn on this earth until they die and enrich the soil. They're like a cyst in the flesh of humankind. They are dying out, slowly, but not quickly enough to suit anybody. They even hate each other. That's the weird thing at work -- the conservatives are always paranoid of each other and trying to buddy up to the more liberal people because they're funnier and more relaxed. But the more liberal people don't really want to hang around them because they're so goddamned boring. And tiresome. You wouldn't believe how it can slow a conversation down when somebody comes in who needs all the jokes explained to 'em and then spends three minutes saying "Ya'll are so funny! How yew think up this stuff?" Jesus. A lot of us actually hide from 'em at work just so we can avoid the stupid fucking conversations. We'll be trying to discuss possible ways to break out of an arm bar or how often there'd be eclipses on Mars, and oops, here comes Cleetus and now we're gonna have to have the "Sure is cold! Supposed to be colder Saturday! It was cold last week, too! Reckon it'll be cold next week? Wonder how cold it is? I seen ice!" conversation instead. Sheeeeeezzzzz.

Anyway, Espy got a really good turnout -- I was surprised at how many were at the polling place when I went. He outperformed in damn near every county -- he was 20 points ahead in some counties that Trump won -- and it looks like he peeled away a lot of the McDaniel voters. But, it's always an uphill fight to get anybody with more than three functional brain cells elected in this state, so, predictably, the morons just outnumbered the decent folks.

Still, this has to have Republicans nervous. That was a pretty pitiful margin of victory for a state like Mississippi. The fact that they had to fight for it and even bring the president in -- twice -- to help defend Mississippi against a black Democrat oughtta cause them a bit of concern, especially after close calls in Texas and Georgia, as well as that loss a while back in Alabama. The GOP is weakening, and we sense it, and we're going to keep hammering at 'em, harder. Republicans have few "strongholds" anymore, and the red states are growing more purple all the time. Most of the younger people in Mississippi aren't picking up where their idiot parents left off. Only problem is, most of those younger people leave for elsewhere instead of staying and fighting. But, the older ones are dying out... usually of shit they could have avoided if they weren't so dumb they kept voting in people who'd screw up their healthcare. It's a waiting game...

27Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/28/2018, 11:33 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:Yeah, that meth-mouthed idiot won.  I guess there's still more people here who are happy having a hootin' hollerin' moron representing 'em... all too accurately in most cases.   Mississippi has a few of the smartest, kindest people I've ever met... and a whole lot of just absolute drain-clog worthless pieces of shit who'll never do a thing worth a damn on this earth until they die and enrich the soil.  They're like a cyst in the flesh of humankind.  They are dying out, slowly, but not quickly enough to suit anybody.  They even hate each other.   That's the weird thing at work -- the conservatives are always paranoid of each other and trying to buddy up to the more liberal people because they're funnier and more relaxed.   But the more liberal people don't really want to hang around them because they're so goddamned boring.   And tiresome.  You wouldn't believe how it can slow a conversation down when somebody comes in who needs all the jokes explained to 'em and then spends three minutes saying "Ya'll are so funny!   How yew think up this stuff?"   Jesus.   A lot of us actually hide from 'em at work just so we can avoid the stupid fucking conversations.  We'll be trying to discuss possible ways to break out of an arm bar or how often there'd be eclipses on Mars, and oops, here comes Cleetus and now we're gonna have to have the "Sure is cold!  Supposed to be colder Saturday!  It was cold last week, too!   Reckon it'll be cold next week?  Wonder how cold it is?  I seen ice!" conversation instead.   Sheeeeeezzzzz.

Anyway, Espy got a really good turnout -- I was surprised at how many were at the polling place when I went.  He outperformed in damn near every county -- he was 20 points ahead in some counties that Trump won -- and it looks like he peeled away a lot of the McDaniel voters.   But, it's always an uphill fight to get anybody with more than three functional brain cells elected in this state, so, predictably, the morons just outnumbered the decent folks.  

Still, this has to have Republicans nervous.  That was a pretty pitiful margin of victory for a state like Mississippi.   The fact that they had to fight for it and even bring the president in -- twice -- to help defend Mississippi against a black Democrat oughtta cause them a bit of concern, especially after close calls in Texas and Georgia, as well as that loss a while back in Alabama.  The GOP is weakening, and we sense it, and we're going to keep hammering at 'em, harder.  Republicans have few "strongholds" anymore, and the red states are growing more purple all the time.  Most of the younger people in Mississippi aren't picking up where their idiot parents left off.  Only problem is, most of those younger people leave for elsewhere instead of staying and fighting.  But, the older ones are dying out... usually of shit they could have avoided if they weren't so dumb they kept voting in people who'd screw up their healthcare.   It's a waiting game...

Looks like Florida has the same problem, z. I am completely appalled that I now have zero representation at the federal, state and local levels. Apparently, an "R" next to your name means you don't have to actually DO ANYTHING for the people...witness Scott's scandal-plagued tenure. I believe there was electronic fraud, but how to prove it is another matter.

28Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/28/2018, 11:34 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

zsomething wrote:
Anyway, Espy got a really good turnout -- I was surprised at how many were at the polling place when I went.  He outperformed in damn near every county -- he was 20 points ahead in some counties that Trump won -- and it looks like he peeled away a lot of the McDaniel voters.  

I'd like to see some evidence of your claim Espy peeled away McDaniel voters.

IMO, as I said previously, Espy got all the black vote and the few white liberals there are in Mississippi.  And being a black candidate he got a higher than normal black turnout than a white Democrat would have.   And he still couldn't win.  Truth is … he was never gonna win.

Espy lost because he's a Democrat.  Period.  And Democrats do not represent white socially conservative voters.  They insult them in fact, as you did in your post.  That "Cletus" you're talking about … he's got a job he works hard at, a wife, kids, a family, elderly parents and relatives, etc …. all of which he's concerned about .... and he'd probably stop to help a black gay man broke down by the side of the road. He hunts, fishes, goes to church (not as often as his wife would like him to) and most of importantly of all pertinent to this discussion ….  he votes!   How do Dems think  they're gonna win people like him over to the Democrat Party when prominent Democrats, their sycophants in the media, and liberal activists continually insult them in terms of their guns, bibles, education, intelligence, culture, history, and fair-mindedness?  Not gonna win any popularity contests that way.     How do you think Hillary lost the Midwest?

So how come is it South Carolina can manage to elect a black Senator and Mississippi can't? Oh … wait … that's because Tim Scott is a Republican. (SC's got a gay senator too!]

29Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/28/2018, 11:36 am

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:So you saw a movie and think you know aalllll about the area and the people who live there, huh?

Actually, no. I know about the movie but have never seen it.

I volunteered for training at Western College for Women that summer but didn't make the cut. I was "too hot-headed" they said. Imagine that!

I followed events pretty closely after that.

What were you doing, working for the Sovereignty Commission?

30Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/28/2018, 11:39 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote:
 I am completely appalled that I now have zero representation at the federal, state and local levels.  

Republicans in Seattle feel the same way. Laughing

31Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/28/2018, 11:52 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Deus X wrote:
What were you doing, working for the Sovereignty Commission?

Nah, …. that was my Uncle Cletus Laughing

I was still living in Michigan at the time. We moved South after the 67 riots in Detroit.

32Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/28/2018, 12:21 pm

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:
I was still living in Michigan at the time.  We moved South after the 67 riots in Detroit.

I can't blame ya. Yo' mama was pretty traumatized after her run-in with the Guardsmen at the Algiers Motel.

zsomething

EmeraldGhost wrote:

I'd like to see some evidence of your claim Espy peeled away McDaniel voters.

Well, Espy did get a higher percentage in some counties in the run-off than Cindy and McDaniel got combined, so either he was peeling away McDaniel voters, or there was just a bigger turn-out.  I do know I have some very confused McDaniel supporter followers on Twitter because they liked my slams on Cindy... so, she definitely didn't get the support of all of 'em.

IMO, as I said previously, Espy got all the black vote and the few white liberals there are in Mississippi.  And being a black candidate he got a higher than normal black turnout than a white Democrat would have.   And he still couldn't win.  Truth is … he was never gonna win.

Espy lost because he's a Democrat.  Period.

Yeah, most likely.  Never claimed it would be otherwise. And it is more 'cuz he was a Democrat than any race thing.  That's the south... at this point in time.  But, it's changing.

And Democrats do not represent white socially conservative voters.

Or so they've been trained to believe... like a bunch of dogs.

They insult them in fact, as you did in your post.

I insult conservatives in general.  Why?  Because they're fucking stupid.  You can deny that if you want, but they goddamn are.   They deserve insulting.   Sorry, but I have to live with these idiots and put up with them all day long; they owe me at least a laugh out of 'em.  

I just got left a conversation with one who interrupted a business conversation to jabber at us for fifteen minutes about the Playstation they're still buying their kid even though he's failing in school.  Then she literally bragged on how stupid she is, like that's a source of pride.  "Y'all, ah'm so dumb!"   Jesus.  If I have to put up with 'em, help 'em all day, and listen to their mind-numbing idiocy when I'm from the same place and background and bothered to read a goddamn book once in a while so I'll have something to talk about besides what temperature it is, damn if I'm not gonna make fun of 'em.

That "Cletus" you're talking about … he's got a job he works hard at, a wife, kids, a family, elderly parents and relatives, etc …. all of which he's concerned about ....

And yet not concerned enough to actually research the issues and see who'd give them the best education and health care... which is why he has to keep being concerned about 'em.  They make their own plights and then wonder why all the bad stuff happens to 'em.  These fucks vote against their own interests all the goddamn time.  Agressively!  They're slaves to their church, which has fooled them into staying stupid so they can keep being controlled.  I have no patience for that shit, especially because the rest of us have to suffer along with them for their bad, uninformed decisions.  I've got a job, elderly parents, etc. of my own, so Cleetus better get off the Baptist-church tit and quit voting against us all getting better health care, etc.    It's 20-goddamn-18 already, Cleetus's ass is 'bout out of slack.

and he'd probably stop to help a black gay man broke down by the side of the road.

Or he'd swerve and try to clip him as he drove by while he yelled "Nigger!"  I've seen a hell of a lot more real-life examples of that than I have the fantasy scenario you've presented, so fucking spare me.  I live in this state, I was raised in this state, you can't tell me jack-F.-shit about the people in this state.   Most of these folks are voting to ensure gay folks and black folks have as few rights as possible, so I'm supposed to forget all that 'cuz maybe once in a while they'd help 'em fix a flat?  Shit, dude, you ask a lot more mileage from a nice daydream scenario than it's due.

And even if he is "nice" in general, he's still dragging the state down with stupid, superstition-based voting patterns that work against him, and me.   I'm tired of being held hostage to these fools.  I don't much care if the dude in the boat with me is kind to puppies if he thinks, "Hey, know what's the best thing to do fer boat?   Drill holes in the bottom of 'em!  Gleep gleep!"  I'm still gonna try to take the drill away from him.  I mean, shit, dude, what am I supposed to put up with just because maybe somebody would be kind to somebody if they were broke down on the road?   Especially when, all too often, they wouldn't, anyway.

He hunts, fishes, goes to church (not as often as his wife would like him to) and most of importantly of all pertinent to this discussion ….  he votes!

And he votes stupidly, which is why my state remains last in all the good things and first in all the bad ones.   Sorry, but he ain't no damn hero.  He's not entitled to fuck everything up for everybody else just because he can't let go of "Jesus" or whatever.  After a while, idiots become a burden, and you get to say so... "politically correct" or not.

How do Dems think  they're gonna win people like him over to the Democrat Party when prominent Democrats, their sycophants in the media, and liberal activists continually insult them in terms of their guns, bibles, education, intelligence, culture, history, and fair-mindedness?  Not gonna win any popularity contests that way.     How do you think Hillary lost the Midwest?

If I thought stupid people would stop being stupid if they weren't called stupid, then maybe I'd stop.  But I'm kind as hell to these dumbfucks all day long at work, and you know what it gets me?   It gets me MORE DUMBFUCKS.   Because I'm the "helpful guy."    

I have people here who've never bothered to learn how to run a fax machine or whatever, because, "Hey, Z's nice, he'll help me."   So I have to stop what I'm doing five times a day because Lurlene-Sue-McDumbfuck needs me to help her fax something again.   And what's my reward?   Getting to do that again, and again, and again... AND she's gonna go vote so my state keeps getting the worst of everything.

(Know what she's usually faxing?  Stuff to keep her husband's medication affordable.   When she votes against single-payer, etc., because she's told that "socialized medicine is BAY-YUD!")

Exactly how much sympathy am I required to have for these folks, man?   Lemme know, 'cuz I'm worn out with 'em.  How much allowance for fucking-stupid am I supposed to flow 'em before I've got your permission to say, "Yeah, you know what?  They're fucking stupid."  

After a while you figure out you can't win them over, because they're already solidly brainwashed.  What you have to do, instead, is find enough smart people to outnumber them while you wait for them to die out from their own bad decisions.  You point out how dumb they are so the next generation will say, "Yeah, I'm not gonna make the same mistakes they did."  

So how come is it South Carolina can manage to elect a black Senator and Mississippi can't?   Oh … wait … that's because Tim Scott is a Republican.  (SC's got a gay senator too!]

I didn't say much about Espy being black.  That's not what I'm blaming his loss on, so you can spare me all the identity-politics shit that you're bringing up.   But while we're on it, the Republican party ought to be sweating a little that a black Democrat got the race as close as it was in this state.   And that Cindy Hyde-Smith made the state look bad nationally again with her "lynching" joke.   She's helping to create the face that the GOP's going to have to wear.   Think they should be happy about that?  Think Mississippi really did the party any big favors by electing that idiot and making their voters look like a bunch of bigots?   I know they don't want to lose a senate seat, even for two years, but it wouldn't have been a bad strategy to cut that snaggletoothed clod loose and let her drift on her own.  Instead they've got to claim her now.   Makes our state look bad, and the Republican party in general look bad.   But, I guess it's still a "win," so what the fuck.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

zsomething wrote:I insult conservatives in general.  Why?  Because they're fucking stupid.  …..

You missed my point Z.  My point was that they vote.  And so long as Democrat leaders, activists, media personalities insult and talk down to them, they're not gonna vote Democrat.   They watch teevee … you think they don't know how a huge percentage of adherents of the Democrat Party feel about Southern whites?  Just look at the posts of liberals on here who paint all Southern whites with a broad brush.  Perfect example.

It's just not good strategory  Laughing    And Demos have been making the same mistake with whites in the Midwest.  (plenty of Cletus's in the Midwest …. all over the country, in fact)  

So, while it may feel good to insult Cletus and his kin …. just enjoy that feeling as Republicans keep winning elections in Mississippi and Democrats keep losing.

(I'd respond to some other items in your last post … but no time.  gotta go.  Maybe I'll revisit it later)

Telstar

Telstar

So he's a glibturd from Michigan, just like the pill popper tennis queen is, hmmm.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
zsomething wrote:I insult conservatives in general.  Why?  Because they're fucking stupid.  …..

You missed my point Z.  My point was that they vote.  And so long as Democrat leaders, activists, media personalities insult and talk down to them, they're not gonna vote Democrat.   They watch teevee … you think they don't know how a huge percentage of adherents of the Democrat Party feel about Southern whites?  Just look at the posts of liberals on here who paint all Southern whites with a broad brush.  Perfect example.

It's just not good strategory  Laughing    And Demos have been making the same mistake with whites in the Midwest.  (plenty of Cletus's in the Midwest …. all over the country, in fact)  

So, while it may feel good to insult Cletus and his kin …. just enjoy that feeling as Republicans keep winning elections in Mississippi and Democrats keep losing.

(I'd respond to some other items in your last post … but no time.  gotta go.  Maybe I'll revisit it later)

The only Southern whites that are Republicans are brainwashed.

Telstar

Telstar

Yeah the south is going to do it again and God willing the south is going have it done to them again for good. Hopefully this time Masa' will be put in the cold, cold ground for good. Twisted Evil

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

zsomething wrote:  Exactly how much sympathy am I required to have for these folks, man?   Lemme know, 'cuz I'm worn out with 'em.  How much allowance for fucking-stupid am I supposed to flow 'em before I've got your permission to say, "Yeah, you know what?  They're fucking stupid."  

Sometimes we have to "manage" certain people in our lives.   Handle people the right way and you can have them eating out of your hand and jumping through hoops for you. That's what I've learned in 58 years of life.  You can even subtly change their hearts and minds without them even knowing you're doing it if you want to make a little personal Machiavellian project out of it  ….. takes a little time sometimes.  

Being "stupid" doesn't necessarily make someone a "bad person" …. not anymore than being a "stable genius" makes them a good one.  Laughing   But I have found it makes people either more easily influenced or more stubborn, depending upon the approach.

btw - my only point about "race" in that Mississippi campaign is that Espy benefitted from higher than normal turnout black bloc voting - if he'd been a white democrat he'd have been steamrolled.  Espy's really not that bad of a guy as politicians go, IMO.   I prob would have voted for him myself were I a resident.   Mississippi is and will remain a Republican state for some time to come, IMO   (at least until they legalize recreational pot!   Laughing )

39Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/29/2018, 10:44 am

zsomething

I'll combine the two posts into one for ease of replyin'. Smile

EmeraldGhost wrote:You missed my point Z. My point was that they vote. And so long as Democrat leaders, activists, media personalities insult and talk down to them, they're not gonna vote Democrat.

There's a big difference between blue-collar Southern whites and Republicans. Nobody's mocking hard-working white guys who hunt and fish. The vast majority of the white Democrats I know here fit that description. What I'm mocking are conservatives... and I'm not mocking them for working hard or hunting and fishing, I'm mocking them for being blindly obedient to their church/political party (and at this point those two things are so intertangled they're really just one thing) and voting against their own interests... and then blaming Democrats for their plight.

They're not gonna vote Democrat anyway. They've been so brainwashed by Rush Limbaugh and FOX News and the political shit from their church that they think Democrats are "the devil" and they're never going to cross off, regardless of how much sense it would make for them to do so. You're never gonna win them over just by not talking "nice" to them. They're fucking gone. So you might as well point out that they're idiots, so the people who are undecided see how these idiots are viewed.

They watch teevee … you think they don't know how a huge percentage of adherents of the Democrat Party feel about Southern whites? Just look at the posts of liberals on here who paint all Southern whites with a broad brush. Perfect example.

Again, it's not all Southern whites. It's Southern conservatives. There are still a hell of a lot of Southern whites who aren't conservatives and aren't buying that bullshit. I'm a Southern white, I watch TV, and I know how a lot of "liberal elites" feel about my state... and yeah, they do use a broad brush. I'm currently cussing the hell out of a few lefties on another site who are trying to claim everybody in Mississippi is a bigot because the state elected Cindy Hyde-Smith... even though I voted for Espy they -- for some reason known only to people who get a buzz out of the "shaming culture" a lot of hippies like to indulge in -- think I have to "own it" that Mississippi elected a bigot.

Now, those lefties are dumb and off the mark... but, just because some of them like to play that game, that doesn't make me go vote Republican instead. Why? Because I'm not stupid. I don't go, "Oh no, them don't like me, so me go vote against my interests to spite them!" Instead, I say "Okay, that guy's an asshole, but I still see which party's doing a better job, and that's who I vote for." That's what grown-ups do. It's, unfortunately, not what Southern conservatives do. And not saying they're stupid for doing it isn't going to change 'em at all.

It's just not good strategory Laughing And Demos have been making the same mistake with whites in the Midwest. (plenty of Cletus's in the Midwest …. all over the country, in fact)

Honestly, it makes no difference. I can be as nice to these folks as you'd ever want. In fact, I am, most of the day. It makes no difference. They've been trained to vote the way they want, and they're slaves to their church.

Like I've said here before, the conservatives at work pretty much can't stand each other, and they're always trying to buddy up with the more liberal people, because we're not as paranoid, we're funnier, and more relaxed. And we don't really wanna put up with them (they're boring as hell and take away from conversations rather than bring to them) but we're not mean-natured so we try to endure them a little so they can be happy. But none of that makes any difference. They're tribal and they're gonna stick with their tribe.

I know, damn well, that if some kind of serious strife took off, those people would side with the other conservatives who they don't even like, and murder us "liberals" (or moderates -- basically anything that's not far-right around here gets considered "liberal") who were friendlier and helped them. That's just how it is. Hell, a few of 'em have admitted as much to me. So... what, exactly, am I gonna gain by not calling these stupid people stupid people?

Sometimes we have to "manage" certain people in our lives.   Handle people the right way and you can have them eating out of your hand and jumping through hoops for you. That's what I've learned in 58 years of life.  You can even subtly change their hearts and minds without them even knowing you're doing it if you want to make a little personal Machiavellian project out of it  ….. takes a little time sometimes.  

It only works to a degree. Honestly, mostly what being nice to them gets me is... more chances to have to do more shit for them. There are givers and takers. Conservatives tend to be takers. And they're always looking for givers, because that's who they get stuff from. Most of the time if I do a good deed for one of these folks, all that's getting me is marked as the go-to guy the next time they want a good deed. And if I should need help with something down the road, they're always going to have an excuse for not doing it. The Democrats around here help each other out. The conservatives mostly just get help and then make excuses.

I still help them out anyway, because it's my nature. I'm one of those saps who returns three or four other people's shopping carts to the corral when I'm taking back my own, just so the guy who works at the grocery store won't have to do all the work. So, when Karen-the-conservative-asshole needs some heavy stuff brought in from her car at work, I still go carry it in for her, even though I know damn well it's gonna earn me nothing and she'll still be a bitchy asshole the next time she's got a problem. I don't do it for her, really, I do it for me... just to know I'm not like her.

I get to say she's an asshole. I'm owed at least that much. Smile

Being "stupid" doesn't necessarily make someone a "bad person" ….

Of course not. But the people I'm talking about aren't just stupid... they're mean-hearted. They're dumb and they think it's hilarious to tear-gas toddlers on the border because they've got nothing and that, somehow, is threatening to them. They think joking about throwing "lefties" out of helicopters is high comedy and that people like Pinochet are a genius. It's beyond just not seeing that single-payer health care could be a good thing for them... it's "well I don't want it if them darkies'll benefit from it!" And those people I see no reason to be nice about.

If people are just dumb but could un-dumb themselves, that's fine, I'd help 'em. But all too often down South, for conservatives, stupidity and meanness tend to go hand in hand.

not anymore than being a "stable genius" makes them a good one.  Laughing   But I have found it makes people either more easily influenced or more stubborn, depending upon the approach.

Could be. The ones who can be reached, I'll try to reach. Most of 'em, though, are lost causes that you just have to work around, because like the song says, they ain't never gonna change. They'll stay wrong just to spite ya.

btw - my only point about "race" in that Mississippi campaign is that Espy benefitted from higher than normal turnout black bloc voting - if he'd been a white democrat he'd have been steamrolled.

Ah, I don't know. Black people turn out pretty well to vote for white Democrats, too. When somebody had to suffer and struggle just to get the right to vote, they value it more. Most of the times when I vote, most of the people in line are black. Espy's race probably helped some, sure, but it's more the party than the color, I think.

Espy's really not that bad of a guy as politicians go, IMO.   I prob would have voted for him myself were I a resident.   Mississippi is and will remain a Republican state for some time to come, IMO   (at least until they legalize recreational pot!   Laughing )

Yeah, we'll be stuck being red for a while... but we get deeper purple every year. And those of us who see the bad results we've gotten from conservative policies are never gonna stop hammering at it.

40Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff 11/29/2018, 12:53 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Classic narcissism...why am I not surprised?

Calling zsomething re MS runoff - Page 2 Trump_narcissism

Telstar

Telstar

"Yeah, we'll be stuck being red for a while... but we get deeper purple every year. And those of us who see the bad results we've gotten from conservative policies are never gonna stop hammering at it."

Good for you Z. Many black families I grew up with would often have paintings of MLK, JFK and RFK on their walls. Never met one with Nixon, Reagan and Bush on their walls but come to think of it I never met a white family with Nixon, Reagan and Bush on their walls but then again I'm not in Mississippi. I remember an old coot that was still bitching about LBJ giving away too much a couple of years ago. He ran an offshoot forum in Mississippi, like this one. He kicked the bucket about 5 years ago and the forum went dark. They were always so shocked that a libtard would rip them a new asshole. They be like, but we thought you libtards care about people and I'd be not people like you crosseyed, ass raping, hillbilly. They can dish it out but just can't take it.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

zsomething wrote:

Yeah, we'll be stuck being red for a while... but we get deeper purple every year.    

Purple, huh? You mean like Colorado? Expecting an influx of liberal refugees from California and the Pacific NW anytime soon?

Well …. lemme know when ya'll legalize recreational marijuana. I'm headed to Texas which I assure you has a better chance of become a "purple State" sooner than Mississippi! Laughing

On the other hand …. maybe you're right. I remember when they legalized gambling in Mississippi. Took two or three efforts over the course of maybe 10 or more years and the churches all railed against it from the pulpit every time. But they finally did it when enough business people smelled the money!

I do recall Mississippi was one of the first States to decriminalize possession of less than one ounce of pot back in the 70's. And they do have the government marijuana farm …. where is that? Somewhere around Hattiesburg, I think?

zsomething

EmeraldGhost wrote:

Purple, huh?  You mean like Colorado?  Expecting an influx of liberal refugees from California and the Pacific NW anytime soon?

Well, we do have a few people from California here at work... Smile But, no, Mississippi's going more purple as the stupid old conservatives die off. The younger generation is not nearly as conservative as their parents, because they see what mistakes their parents made. The thing that's slowing it down, though, is those younger people keep moving out of the state. If they'd stick around we'd be blue in 20 years.

Well …. lemme know when ya'll legalize recreational marijuana.   I'm headed to Texas which I assure you has a better chance of become a "purple State" sooner than Mississippi!  Laughing

Oh, without a doubt, Texas is on the verge of going blue already. That state's turning bluer and bluer ever year. It's not going to be too long. And when that happens, Republicans are done nationally. Especially if Florida goes, which is also in progress.

On the other hand …. maybe you're right.  I remember when they legalized gambling in Mississippi.  Took two or three efforts over the course of maybe 10 or more years and the churches all railed against it from the pulpit every time.  But they finally did it when enough business people smelled the money!

I do recall Mississippi was one of the first States to decriminalize possession of less than one ounce of pot back in the 70's. And they do have the government marijuana farm …. where is that?  Somewhere around Hattiesburg, I think?

I have no idea what's going on weed-wise. Got some friends who smoke it, but I don't. Don't even drink. It's a straightedge thing. But, yeah, it could be a political factor, if it happens. Or, more likely, when. Pot becoming legal is pretty much a done deal, it's just that people are dragging their feet about realizing it.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

zsomething wrote:  It's a straightedge thing.  ....

Had look that one up!  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

My daughter and her fiancé don't smoke, drink, or use drugs.  But they're into all this really dark metal with lots of growling of lyrics.  Preferably in some Nordic language.    I don't get it myself …. she's not like her old man at that age.    Cool    I did go see some black/death/dark/something? metal band in Austin with her last year.   (sounded a lot like Black Sabbath to me though!)

I'll have to ask her about the "straightedge thing" … she'll probably know, she keeps up with all the music and subcultures.  We discuss it a lot - she helps her old man keep current.  Laughing

polecat

polecat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum