Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damn Jeff Sessions just resigned

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bigdog

At Trump's request, of course.
So now T.Rump will appoint someone who will try and end Mueller's investigation.

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:At Trump's request, of course.
So now T.Rump will appoint someone who will try and end Mueller's investigation.

As much as I hate Sessions, he stood up to bone spur and didn't mock his own family the way Ron DeSantis and Rafael Cruz did while waiting on the republican line to yank mushroom's crank.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:At Trump's request, of course.

At one point it was said that would be political suicide, but now he probably feels he can get away with anything at all. You're probably right. And what can anyone DO about it?

zsomething

Apparently the new guy, Whitaker, will replace Rosenstein as well. And Whitaker's already on record as saying he thinks the Mueller probe has "gone too far." That means he should immediately recuse himself... but, since this is now a crime-family and not a government anymore, I don't see that happening. Sessions is an asshole but he was the last person in that cabal that had a shred of integrity... and my god but Trump loathed him for that. This new guy's going to be total made-his-bones mob.

Gotta think Mueller was prepared for this, though. Trump plays chess with a tennis racquet, he's not all that hard to out-think. Just go "what would a really stupid shameless criminal do?" and that's usually the answer.

I'm wondering if anybody'll look at this Wednesday-night-masscare as a Constitutional crisis... or if the frog'll just keep boiling. We've really been in a Constitutional crisis for a year or so already, but the creeping incrementalism of it keeps people shrugging off the next notch.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Apparently the new guy, Whitaker,  will replace Rosenstein as well.   And Whitaker's already on record as saying he thinks the Mueller probe has "gone too far."   That means he should immediately recuse himself... but, since this is now a crime-family and not a government anymore, I don't see that happening.   Sessions is an asshole but he was the last person in that cabal that had a shred of integrity... and my god but Trump loathed him for that.   This new guy's going to be total made-his-bones mob.

Gotta think Mueller was prepared for this, though.  Trump plays chess with a tennis racquet, he's not all that hard to out-think.  Just go "what would a really stupid shameless criminal do?" and that's usually the answer.

I'm wondering if anybody'll look at this Wednesday-night-masscare as a Constitutional crisis... or if the frog'll just keep boiling.   We've really been in a Constitutional crisis for a year or so already, but the creeping incrementalism of it keeps people shrugging off the next notch.

45 is killing U.S. slowly with his sins and the republicans must pay for them.

bigdog

Mitt Romney is making noises like he might try to keep the Mueller investigation safe when he gets into the Senate.
Watching MSNBC tonight, the assumption is that the new AG will either fire Mueller or defund his investigation completely. Lawrence O'Donnell said that if that happens, or if there is an effort to destroy the evidence Mueller has collected, the House in January can still call Mueller to testify in person as to his findings in a public hearing and there's nothing that Trump or anyone else can do about it.

He's right. The shit will hit the fan now that the Dems control the house, and nothing T.Rump can do can stop it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum