Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

expect a huge market adjustment in the next two weeks.

+7
othershoe1030
EmeraldGhost
zsomething
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Deus X
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

2seaoat

The oil prices are tumbling, commodities in general are tumbling, and most important is the Chinese stock market is collapsing.

Deus X

Deus X

And bond yields are rising.

2seaoat

tick tock

Deus X

Deus X

Sharp falls wipe out Wall Street's 2018 gains

The Dow Jones Industrial Average sank 2.4% to 24,583.4 points, while the S&P 500 plunged 3.1% to 2,656.1 points.

The losses pushed the two indexes into negative territory for the year.

The Nasdaq also dropped more than 4.4% to 7,108.4 points amid concerns about weak corporate profits and global trade tensions.

It was the worst day since 2011 for the technology-focused index, which is now 10% lower than its September peak and in "correction" territory.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45971791

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:And bond yields are rising.

Which, unfortunately, is bad news for older, existing bond funds.  But this has long been expected.

2seaoat

more to come......

PkrBum

PkrBum

Dow close 10/19 25,379.45

Dow close 11/12 25,387.18

Deus X

Deus X

expect a huge market adjustment in the next two weeks. Eabuztn

zsomething

The timing's off but I wouldn't be surprised if the prognostication still came true a bit later. The market's getting really shaky, and even Trump is starting to back away from talking about the economy all the time. Notice how during the midterms he was dismissing it as "boring"? That's likely because he's been given some inside info and he's starting to downplay the economy because he doesn't want to look as incompetent when the Big Bad happens. Trends are all over the place. Hopefully it'll ride out but it ain't fun to watch at the moment.

And something's up with Trump himself. He's so bunkered down right now it's like Nixon end-game times. FOX News and Wikileaks aren't posting on Twitter and Drudge wiped his whole account. To paraphrase Primus, "That-there's pretty bizarre, Gus!"

2seaoat

200 down today......tick tock.

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/investing/stock-market-today-apple-stock-down/index.html

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Not making any predictions, but personally I'd like to see a 30% to 50% drop in traditional stocks. I'll buy back in when there's blood in the streets (metaphorically speaking, of course.)

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This administration's incompetencies and corruption are lined up like a big pattern of dominoes. To me it would be a prime example of Poetic Justice if the fall of the stock market would be one trigger to the beginning of the end of the reign of terror known as the Trump administration.

If the market falls, more indictments come out from the Mueller investigation and the report is given to Congress all within a few days...well, that wouldn't exactly improve 45's mood. Maybe it would embolden Congress to exert some oversight?

PkrBum

PkrBum

That's pathetic.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

othershoe1030 wrote: …. the beginning of the end of the reign of terror known as the Trump administration. ….
[/color]

"reign of terror"  Laughing Laughing  

Some of you left wingers crack me up as much as some of the right wingers.   I remember a few years ago when some on the evangelical right were trying to tell us Obama was supposed to actually be the anti-Christ.

Calm down there, 'leftshoe' , have yourself a toke or something (I recommend a nice indica dominant hybrid, maybe some Northern Lights or Bubba Kush  Very Happy ) ….…. America will survive Donald Trump.  I promise ya!  It's gonna be okay.

expect a huge market adjustment in the next two weeks. Chicken-little[/i]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

EmeraldGhost wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote: …. the beginning of the end of the reign of terror known as the Trump administration. ….
[/color]

"reign of terror"  Laughing Laughing  

Some of you left wingers crack me up as much as some of the right wingers.   I remember a few years ago when some on the evangelical right were trying to tell us Obama was supposed to actually be the anti-Christ.

Calm down there, 'leftshoe' , have yourself a toke or something (I recommend a nice indica dominant hybrid, maybe some Northern Lights or Bubba Kush  Very Happy ) ….…. America will survive Donald Trump.  I promise ya!  It's gonna be okay.

Okay, reign of terror was a bit over the top. How about: rein of stupidity, ignorance, propaganda, lying, speaking out of his azz, stand in for Putin, destroyer of institutions/agencies, filler of the swamp, emoluments king, quoter of Two Corinthians, third grade level playground name calling insulter in chief? I could go on.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

othershoe1030 wrote:Okay, reign of terror was a bit over the top. How about: rein of stupidity, ignorance, propaganda, lying, speaking out of his azz, stand in for Putin, destroyer of institutions/agencies, filler of the swamp, emoluments king, quoter of Two Corinthians, third grade level playground name calling insulter in chief? I could go on.
[/quote]

I think the word "reign" was almost as over-the-top as the word "terror."

If Trump were an absolute monarch we'd have a big tall ridiculous 50 bllion dollar border wall by now … with probably a couple of billion a year maintenance cost to boot.

expect a huge market adjustment in the next two weeks. Gt22_preview1

2seaoat

three hundred points down this morning.....tick tock.

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:three hundred points down this morning.....tick tock.

The dems took over the house. I think gridlock will encourage investors next year.

2seaoat

the democrats caused the dip......? Maybe, but my argument has been structural. There are certain trends which continue to indicate a depressed market and economy.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:the democrats caused the dip......?   Maybe, but my argument has been structural.  There are certain trends which continue to indicate a depressed market and economy.

A bi-partisan Federal spending party next year could pump things up so they can keep kicking the can down the road.

2seaoat

The entire market gain for 2018 just went up in smoke this morning......tick tock.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Maybe we should peg the interest rate at 0 and start dumping 40B a month into the system?

Oh... and blow a trillion dollars on muskrat mating habits, cash for clunkers, bank bonuses, and Solyndras.

What could go wrong?

2seaoat

five hundred points down as techs lead......tick tock

Telstar

Telstar

How appropriate that Russia's greatest American fan is bringing back the bear market in America.

expect a huge market adjustment in the next two weeks. Stock_10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum