Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

City to trade garage service...............................

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

From The PNJ
ECUA Executive Director Steve Sorrell says before the property can be put on the open market test wells must be sunk and the groundwater tested.

For the property to be cleared for sale by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the groundwater must be free of contaminates for two, back-to-back three month periods.

Once that environmental hurdle is cleared, the property can be either sold to the highest bidder or traded to another governmental entity for something of equal value.

It’s no secret the City of Pensacola wants the property, and it’s no secret ECUA– at least the majority of its five member board– wants to swap the land for the city’s garbage service.

That deal, Sorrell says, would be a “win-win” for both, giving the city land to develop through its Communityh Redevelopment Agency, and incorporate a service (refused collection) the ECUA already has the infrastructure and equipment to handle.

It appears the City is going to have to make ECUA a deal it can’t refuse. (Translation. Give the garbage service away for nothing)Sorrell said he has had conversations with at least five investors who are interested in the land.

Current estimates of the dollar value of the 19 acres are in the $8 million range.

City officials have been coy publicly about whether the proposed land/garbage service swap is viable, but there’s little doubt behind the scens the city is anxious to acquire the land.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
← Pen Air going slow with downtown move

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 10/11/2012, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

DEP has no authority over whether the property can be sold. I can promise you that.

It sounds to me that the site has known contamination, is being cleaned up, and the lawyers are covering their client's asses (like they should) by insisting the site is clean. Any buyer of a contaminated site is required to exercise due diligence to ensure they are not buying a liability... yep, it is buyer beware.

Unsuspecting people buy HUGE liabilities every day and get stuck with a very expensive cleanup.

Buying a piece of commercial property? You had BETTER have it checked out thoroughly.

So, Georgie Boy, where is this golden chunk of land?

Good Point MR Eric. I wonder when they slip the Old Runans(sp) machine shop/boat yard onto the market. Talk about buyer beware................

Yomama wrote:DEP has no authority over whether the property can be sold. I can promise you that.

It sounds to me that the site has known contamination, is being cleaned up, and the lawyers are covering their client's asses (like they should) by insisting the site is clean. Any buyer of a contaminated site is required to exercise due diligence to ensure they are not buying a liability... yep, it is buyer beware.

Unsuspecting people buy HUGE liabilities every day and get stuck with a very expensive cleanup.

Buying a piece of commercial property? You had BETTER have it checked out thoroughly.

So, Georgie Boy, where is this golden chunk of land?

The magic land where the shoot plant used to be. Across from Studerville

hallmarkgrad wrote:Good Point MR Eric. I wonder when they slip the Old Runans(sp) machine shop/boat yard onto the market. Talk about buyer beware................

It would take a BIG dummy to buy that site. I have a friend that does cleanups and he bid way over a million dollars to do just one phase of that cleanup.

I was looking at that site while I was driving over the bridge the other day. What a pretty piece of property.

Maybe they can declare it a Brownfield (contaminated, but suitable for light industrial). I don't know the details about the contamination, but I'll bet you THAT site is another fiasco. Maybe it would be a good place for a football stadium???

Even a better place for a baseball stadium. you could see the water from upper seats, lots of parking and a area for small shops and souvenir shop. Oh Wait......I forgot............................[color:f94b=red].Sorrell said he has had conversations with at least five investors who are interested in the land.
I bet they are.. But no interest in the land right across the street. Get in line folks, we are getting to get screwed again......CRA is involved. What could go wrong........

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 10/11/2012, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

hallmarkgrad wrote:The magic land where the shoot plant used to be. Across from Studerville

Old Stinky, huh?

I have said in the past that they ought to build a huge parking deck with the top floor or two being entertainment complexes, restaurants, hotel and touristy stuff. That way, people don't have to hunt for a place to park when they come to the CMP and there will be things for people to go and spend money before and after events at the CMP.

It's going to need some fill dirt... lots of it.

Yomama wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:The magic land where the shoot plant used to be. Across from Studerville

Old Stinky, huh?

I have said in the past that they ought to build a huge parking deck with the top floor or two being entertainment complexes, restaurants, hotel and touristy stuff. That way, people don't have to hunt for a place to park when they come to the CMP and there will be things for people to go and spend money before and after events at the CMP.

It's going to need some fill dirt... lots of it.

Aint nothing happening at the CMP except the Blue Wahoos. Someone is getting 540,000 to promote and manage the CMp. Studer is laughing all the way to the bank. There is NO organized big management set up for the park. Just Studer Stadium. Thats it..............

We have listened to people like Mr Oats sell us a line of crap. Now he and the others are gone and we are stuck with someones scheme. No damn Multi use, just a under unitized ball park and a hell of debt...

2seaoat

We have listened to people like Mr Oats sell us a line of crap.

Nope the park has been a glorious success........and nobody on this forum will disagree......I guess some people continue the debate, and others simply give up........

2seaoat wrote:We have listened to people like Mr Oats sell us a line of crap.

Nope the park has been a glorious success........and nobody on this forum will disagree......I guess some people continue the debate, and others simply give up........

I'll disagree, they're in the red, it will only get worse and numbers will only go down, just like the other teams we had in P'cola..

2seaoat

I'll disagree, they're in the red, it will only get worse and numbers will only go down, just like the other teams we had in P'cola..

Their attendance will get bigger the next three years. They will be talking about an expansion of the stadium next year.......dead cinch certain. The tourists are scrambling for tickets and season tickets are still the hot number. Now five years from now.....maybe an attendance downturn, but my guess is that folks with families will have discovered what a great deal this is for the family dollar.

And now that Hallmark is gone, I can carte Blanche on my facts, but here goes......a simple $1 surcharge will leave a surplus over the next five years and when the bond payments go up.....raise it to $2.......absolute winner, and now watch the development on main street over the next four years.....absolute winner.

I really hope it does well but I won't be holding my breath..
My biggest problem with the ballpark is how is was done as a Bait-n-switch scam.. I don't believe in socialized sports..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum