Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memorial Day

+6
Deus X
zsomething
polecat
RealLindaL
2seaoat
Floridatexan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Memorial Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/27/2019, 9:30 am

Telstar

Telstar

Bump.

27Memorial Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/28/2019, 1:02 am

bigdog

Floridatexan wrote:
Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:The scary thing is, this is probably actually the best Trump is capable of doing.  He doesn't just have no class, he's mentally ill.

I get why he is what he is.   What I don't get is why anybody still supports him.

I used to think Dubya was the biggest national embarrassment America would ever elect, but damn if Republican voters didn't manage to outdo themselves in the screwup department.  And they're clinging to it.

Oh, please...    Trump is the best thing to happen to Democrats in years, every night it's some new travesty.

The Republic is gonna be fine. We survived Nixon, we survived Bush II and we'll survive this. As soon as he's gone, we'll turn on the dollar taps all over the world and we'll be everyone's best friend again.

Plus, we'll probably get a whole bunch of new anti-corruption and ethics laws out of it, the Clinton Crime Family will be reduced to irrelevance--assuming they throw a net over Hillary and fit her out with a ball-gag--and the Republican Party will be a disreputable mess for years.

All Hail President Trump!

Some didn't survive Nixon or Bush.  Those would be the ones we honored on Monday.  Others carry lifelong scars, loss of limbs, traumatic brain injury, and loss of self-esteem, leading at times to suicide.  And the POS in the White House couldn't even bring himself to honor them.  Eff Drumpf and eff the GOP.

Being totally honest, Vietnam was not begun by Nixon. He inherited the most unpopular war in our history when he took office and eventually, not quickly enough, he managed to crawl out of it. We essentially had to accept loss and pretend it was victory, which is a difficult thing for Americans to do. It's also what we are going to have to do in the Middle East if we ever want to leave that area. And yes, that is W's war, no doubt about that. But Obama did not make a serious effort to get us out either, so just about the only thing I can't see blaming on Drumpf is the loss of all the lives in that part of the world over the last couple of years. I still blame that on George W and even partly on Obama, because he had 8 years to do something about it and just got us more involved.
Damn, I hate defending Trump on any issue. He was a coward during Vietnam and got himself out of the war, but there were thousands and thousands of other young men that would have done the same if they could.
Okay, I am now making myself sick by defending the POS, so I have to stop.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum