Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Leftist Conundrum

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Leftist Conundrum Empty A Leftist Conundrum 5/25/2018, 11:56 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://pjmedia.com/trending/transgender-files-50k-complaint-after-muslim-woman-refuses-to-wax-genitals/?utm_source=PJMTwitter&utm_medium=post

Earlier this month, a male-to-female transgender filed a $50,000 human rights complaint after a Muslim woman refused to perform a Brazilian wax on his genitals. The unnamed transgender person has repeatedly claimed that he called inquiring about a leg wax, but the owner of Mad Wax, the waxing studio based in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, insisted the request clearly indicated his interest in a genital wax.

"She never once asked for a leg wax [from] us," Mad Wax manager, president, and CEO Jason Carruthers told PJ Media. "She said, 'Women have penises and women have balls and if your staff is not comfortable then they can look for another job.' That is clearly referring to a brazilian wax, which involves the genitals."

Carruthers added that the transgender complainant "only mentioned 'leg wax' after the story got out. My guess is she was embarrassed to admit she wanted a Brazilian."

The female Muslim employee refused to provide the service, based on her religious convictions not to physically touch a man outside her family.

The anonymous transgender person filed a $50,000 complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario (HRTO) two weeks ago, seeking compensation for "immense harm to my dignity," CTV Windsor reported.

The complainant alleged that he called Mad Wax in March to ask about a leg wax. He explicitly asked whether "transgender women" were welcome for waxing services. An employee told him that the manager would follow up.

Carruthers called the transgender complainant, clarifying that his company does not provide waxing services to men. His "waxer," a Muslim woman, refuses to wax male parts on the basis of her religious convictions that it would violate Sharia (Islamic religious law) to do so. Carruthers also told the complainant that no other staff were available to perform the request.

In the complaint, the unnamed transgender person claimed to have "offered to educate the manager on his duty to accommodate" him.

Carruthers confirmed to CTV Windsor that he received the complaint. He also insisted that his shop does not take part in discrimination.

"All clients regardless of sex, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation are welcome," Carruthers said. "However, we also welcome staff members and respect their religious beliefs and feelings of safety and dignity in regards to the right not to perform waxing services on males or male genitals."

The Mad Wax CEO told the Windsor Star that a derogatory video about his business and threats from the complainant have created a destructive and inflammatory "media circus."

Judge Upholds Baker's Free Speech to Opt Out of Baking Same-Sex Wedding Cake
Carruthers said it was clear from his conversation with the transgender complainant that he sought a Brazilian wax, rather than leg waxing, as the complainant has insisted since.

2A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/26/2018, 5:21 pm

Vikingwoman

They shouldn't have hired anyone who had religious beliefs that excluded anyone.

3A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/26/2018, 6:22 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Vikingwoman wrote:They shouldn't have hired anyone who had religious beliefs that excluded anyone.

If they are a private sector business, they should be able to hire whoever they darn well please.

4A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/26/2018, 6:35 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:They shouldn't have hired anyone who had religious beliefs that excluded anyone.

If they are a private sector business, they should be able to hire whoever they darn well please.

To serve any and all clientele? Like the Baker?

5A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/26/2018, 9:49 pm

Vikingwoman

EmeraldGhost wrote:

Not so. If they are a private club they can but not a public business. This is America.

6A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/26/2018, 9:51 pm

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Yes like the Baker. It's illegal discrimination.

7A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/27/2018, 8:46 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

And I disagree that it should be illegal.   Government should not discriminate.   Private persons & private sector businesses should be able to do/not-do, business with whoever they please for whatever reasons they please.

A Jewish bakery should not be forced by government to bake a Nazi-themed cake for some skinheads to celebrate Hitler's birthday.

8A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/27/2018, 9:30 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Good luck forcing Muslim women to wax "female" balls. They can't even show their face in most Islamic countries.

9A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/27/2018, 2:18 pm

Vikingwoman

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

And I disagree that it should be illegal.    Government should not discriminate.   Private persons & private sector businesses should be able to do/not-do, business with whoever they please for whatever reasons they please.

A Jewish bakery should not be forced by government to bake a Nazi-themed cake for some skinheads to celebrate Hitler's birthday.

Govt. does not discriminate. If you have a public business you have to serve everybody. If you don't want to then you can have a private club. That's the beauty of living in America. We did away w/ views of people like you so all are treated equally. If you want to discriminate against people like blacks or gays or Jews get a private club or go live in a country that allows such nonsense.

10A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/27/2018, 4:18 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Vikingwoman wrote:

Govt. does not discriminate. If you have a public business you have to serve everybody.   If you don't want to then you can have a private club. That's the beauty of living in America. We did away w/ views of people like you so all are treated equally. If you want to discriminate against people like blacks or gays or Jews get a private club or go live in a country that allows such nonsense.

I know what the law is.   I was just saying I disagree.  We can still do that in this country can we not?  

You have no Constitutionally protected right wherein government can force me to bake you a cake ... or shave your balls.

You don't know how I arrive at my opinion on that ... you are just making an assumption.   Painting a picture of a stereotype ..... that's not even very original, because all the lines of the picture are already drawn in for you  and all you have to do is color them in ... without barely even having to think about it.

Who are "people like you" .... btw?     Are you calling me a racist, homophobe, anti-semite ..... what?   Say it straight out.   Simply because I believe a business owner should be able to reject dealing with anyone he/she does not want to deal with  .... for whatever reason?

I'm not a great fan of Austin Peterson .... but I kinda like what he said about:  "I believe in a world where gay married couples are free to protect their marijuana fields with fully automatic machine guns."  Laughing Laughing

11A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/27/2018, 7:17 pm

Vikingwoman

If you believe in discrimination then you are any or all of those things. And yes, they are constitutionally protected under the commerce clause.

12A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/27/2018, 7:34 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Vikingwoman wrote:If you believe in discrimination then you are any or all of those things. And yes, they are constitutionally protected under the commerce clause.

Didn't say I "believe in discrimination" .... but I do believe in the right of citizens (not government) to discriminate who they will and will not associate with ... and that includes the sale of goods and services.

The commerce clause has been severely abused if you ask me.  But I also recognize it ain't a perfect world nor do we have a perfect government.  You got your vote & I got mine.  I won't suggest you should leave the country because you disagree with me.

13A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/27/2018, 9:47 pm

Vikingwoman

You should leave the country if you don't believe in equality. That's who we are.

14A Leftist Conundrum Empty Re: A Leftist Conundrum 5/27/2018, 10:33 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum