Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mother's Day.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mother's Day. Empty Mother's Day. 5/13/2018, 10:11 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Happy Mother's Day!

2Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/13/2018, 10:36 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Happy Mother's Day.

It's a tough one this year... but I'm trying very hard to think of a good time every time I get a pang of grief.

I hope all of you mothers are in touch with your children today one way or another.

3Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/13/2018, 11:33 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have talked to mine and most of the grandchildren, so far. My wish was for them to stay home and enjoy their Mother 's Day with their families.

My Mother's Day event, with my family will be dinner at Global Grill. Had to cancel on Friday night because of a ball game. ⚾️ My life and I love it. My grandson, coached by my son, and his team had a great game. Well worth postponing dinner.

4Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/13/2018, 12:35 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

That sounds awesome..!!

5Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/13/2018, 5:53 pm

2seaoat

It will be three years this September since I lost my mother, and I have so many fond memories of the crazy times we faced after my father died when I was ten and she tried the best she could to raise two boys. Celebrate family. Your time together is short.

6Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/14/2018, 5:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:It will be three years this September since I lost my mother, and I have so many fond memories of the crazy times we faced after my father died when I was ten and she tried the best she could to raise two boys.  Celebrate family.  Your time together is short.

My mom died in 2000. When her birthday fell on her 100th birthday her birthday we had a huge celebration in her honor. Everyone made a dish that was her favorite. Dessert was her recipe for Peach Pie.

7Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/14/2018, 5:34 pm

RealLindaL

Joani, my mom died in 2000 (January) as well. But she really died nine years earlier when we lost her to Alzheimer's.
One of the lasting 'gifts' that devastating illness leaves behind is the sad result that memories of the loved one are forever clouded by the horrific recollection of its ruthless ravages. Even after all these years I have a hard time reaching beyond those terrible images to once more recall the sweet, sweet mother I loved with all my heart.

8Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/15/2018, 11:42 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:Joani, my mom died in 2000 (January) as well.  But she really died nine years earlier when we lost her to Alzheimer's.  
One of the lasting 'gifts' that devastating illness leaves behind is the sad that memories of the loved one are forever clouded by the horrific recollection of its ruthless ravages.  Even after all these years I have a hard time reaching beyond those terrible images to once more recall the sweet, sweet mother I loved with all my heart.

Devastating. My dad had Alzheimer's and also cancer of the lung. With the Alzheimer's he didn't know he had cancer, I didn't want him to know, he thought he had a cold. My heart is still broken.

9Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/15/2018, 12:43 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences... but in some small way it helps me. I don't want to think about doing CPR first when i think of her. It's still so shocking.

10Mother's Day. Empty Re: Mother's Day. 5/16/2018, 4:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences... but in some small way it helps me. I don't want to think about doing CPR first when i think of her. It's still so shocking.

I resuscitated my grandfather, my dad, and my 3 year old granddaughter...she is now 20. Thankfully each one was respiratory arrest and not cardiac.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum