Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen was hired by U.S. affiliate of Russian company

+4
Telstar
gatorfan
PkrBum
Floridatexan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-attorney-michael-cohen-was-hired-by-us-affiliate-of-russian-company/2018/05/08/12a218c8-52f6-11e8-abd8-265bd07a9859_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.da062c1c61c5

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/592706002

The payment from a company linked to Vicktor Vekselberg after the 2016 presidential election was first disclosed Tuesday by Michael Avenatti, a lawyer for Daniels.

The firm, Columbus Nova, confirmed the payment to Cohen but denied it was tied to Vekselberg. A statement from the company's attorney Richard Owens said the Columbus Nova was "owned and controlled" by Americans.

Two other firms, telecom giant AT&T and pharmaceutical company Novartis also acknowledged payments to Cohen, following Avenatti’s release of a seven-page dossier.

The payment from a company linked to Vicktor Vekselberg after the 2016 presidential election was first disclosed Tuesday by Michael Avenatti, a lawyer for Daniels.

The firm, Columbus Nova, confirmed the payment to Cohen but denied it was tied to Vekselberg. A statement from the company's attorney Richard Owens said the Columbus Nova was "owned and controlled" by Americans.

Two other firms, telecom giant AT&T and pharmaceutical company Novartis also acknowledged payments to Cohen, following Avenatti’s release of a seven-page dossier.

The Justice Department is considering a proposed merger between AT&T and Time Warner.

A spokesperson for Mueller's office declined to comment.

On Tuesday that may have become more clear after Avenatti released information outlining a number of accusations, which have not been verified by USA TODAY.

Among the findings was that Cohen took $500,000 from Columbus Nova, a self-described "US investment vehicle" for Vekselberg's Renova Group.

Avenatti said the payments came after the 2016 presidential election.

The company is owned by Andrew Intrater, an American who donated $250,000 to Trump's inaugural fund, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan organization that tracks political money.

CNN reported one of the questions Vekselberg was asked by federal agents was about hundreds of thousands of dollars his company's U.S. affiliate gave to Cohen.

Columbus Nova confirmed payments to Cohen but said reports that Vekselberg used the company as a "conduit for payments" were false.

Last edited by PkrBum on 5/9/2018, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

gatorfan

I mean it's not like the money grubbing lawyer for the hooker Stormy has an agenda or anything....

Telstar

Telstar

Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen was hired by U.S. affiliate of Russian company Trumpa13

Sal

Sal

Regardless of how we, the public, came to know this, it's obvious that Mueller knew all about it.

This is old news to the investigators and the guilty parties involved.

A reckoning is coming.

Telstar

Telstar

polecat

polecat

If you think the story that Michael Cohen got money from a Russian oligarch looks bad now, just wait until Rudy Giuliani explains it. - bookwormliberal

2seaoat

This smells of mob. The Russian crime families and the American mob operate similarly, and guess who is investigating this....folks who put the mob in jail. I think that Trump is nothing more than a common criminal who has operated either as a money launder for the American mob who he and his old man were clever and appeared clean, but this Russian thing.....it smells of the arrogance of Gotti......teflon Don is no more.

polecat

polecat

Yes Gatorfan that skank hooker that Reverend trump raw dogged while his 3rd wife was home with a newborn her lawyer acts just like trump doesn't he.

gatorfan

polecat wrote:Yes Gatorfan that skank hooker that Reverend trump raw dogged while his 3rd wife was home with a newborn her lawyer acts just like trump  doesn't he.

Perhaps he was just practicing so he could be like his hero Wild Bill Clinton and Monica "Cigar" (aka Blue Dress) Lewinski.

PkrBum

PkrBum

gatorfan wrote:
polecat wrote:Yes Gatorfan that skank hooker that Reverend trump raw dogged while his 3rd wife was home with a newborn her lawyer acts just like trump  doesn't he.

Perhaps he was just practicing so he could be like his hero Wild Bill Clinton and Monica "Cigar" (aka Blue Dress) Lewinski.

If it didn't matter then... it doesn't matter now. Their reputations preceded them. Is anyone surprised?

/end issue.

polecat

polecat

Is that what trump tells Melania when the subject comes up at the McDonald's drive thru, I was just practicing.
Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen was hired by U.S. affiliate of Russian company Screen21

polecat

polecat

Remember when Obama's rat lawyer had to hire his own legal team?

Oh, right, Obama never had to hire a lawyer.

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.thenation.com/article/why-did-chuck-schumer-hire-an-ex-goldman-sachs-lobbyist/

polecat

polecat

Wow! Chuck found a ex Goldman Sachs employee that wasn't in Trump's cabinet? AMAZING!

gatorfan

polecat wrote:Remember when Obama's rat lawyer had to hire his own legal team?

Judith Corley

polecat

polecat

gatorfan wrote:

Judith Corley

So who was her lawyer and who did that lawyer hire to be his lawyer and then he needed a lawyer so she hired a lawyer and th... lawyer #3 just quit so lawyer #2 had to backup and hire a new lawyer and then...

Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen was hired by U.S. affiliate of Russian company Dczjhk10

gatorfan

polecat wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Judith Corley

So who was her lawyer and who did that lawyer hire to be his lawyer and then he needed a lawyer so she hired a lawyer and th... lawyer #3 just quit so lawyer  #2 had to backup and hire a new lawyer and then...

You were wrong, can you deal with that simple fact? I didn't think so....

polecat

polecat

gatorfan wrote:
polecat wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Judith Corley

So who was her lawyer and who did that lawyer hire to be his lawyer and then he needed a lawyer so she hired a lawyer and th... lawyer #3 just quit so lawyer  #2 had to backup and hire a new lawyer and then...

Yes I was wrong he did have a lawyer who would have guessed?

Did the FBI ever raid her office, home, backyard shed & hotel room?
Was she known as a ''Fixer"
Any corporations ever say... Hiring Obama's lawyer was a big mistake like AT&T just did about Mikhail Cohen? 

Yep I was wrong. SORRY Basketball

polecat

polecat

Now that we know Trump and his ilk are guilty of everything they accused Hillary of doing, someone should really find out how many pizza parlors they own.

Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen was hired by U.S. affiliate of Russian company Img_2019

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:

However, she doesn’t expect her new role to overwhelm her with work.

“He doesn’t have a lot of personal legal issues, which is a good thing, I guess,” she says of Obama. “I hope it stays that way.”

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/meet_judith_corley_president_obamas_new_personal_lawyer/

Can you spot the difference here?

I didn't think so.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

However, she doesn’t expect her new role to overwhelm her with work.

“He doesn’t have a lot of personal legal issues, which is a good thing, I guess,” she says of Obama. “I hope it stays that way.”

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/meet_judith_corley_president_obamas_new_personal_lawyer/

Can you spot the difference here?

I didn't think so.

That's not the point and you know it, or should. The statement was BHO never hired a lawyer, he did. Case closed unless you want to get into schoolyard BS like someone else. Spin it.......

polecat

polecat

Schoolyard BS
I LOVE IT
I'm a big Ol liar.

Remember when trump said they had NOTHING to do with any Russians?
Can I get some of your trump love?
No?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What I see is that Michael Cohen shopped around for bribes. Am I missing something? I don't think so.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

How Michael Avenatti Got Michael Cohen's Emails - and Why That's a Big Problem for Cohen

By Judd Legum, ThinkProgress

12 May 18

"Over the past few days, Michael Avenatti, the attorney for Stormy Daniels, has been steadily releasing what appear to be private communications between Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s longtime attorney, and Keith Davidson, who represented Daniels when she inked a $130,000 hush-money agreement that was facilitated through a shell company set up by Cohen.

These emails are evidence of questionable, if not unethical, collusion between Cohen and Davidson, who are ostensibly representing opposing sides of the dispute.

One email, released by Avenatti on Twitter on Thursday, shows that Cohen was communicating with Davidson in the days after the FBI raided his home and office and seized his phones. This email suggests an ongoing collaboration between Davidson and Cohen, even though the two are not known to be involved in any current legal matter..."

https://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/50039-how-michael-avenatti-got-michael-cohens-emails-and-why-thats-a-big-problem-for-cohen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum