Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/17/2018, 6:12 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I really like this guy.

2Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/17/2018, 8:00 pm

Deus X

Deus X

He's from El Paso, ain't he? Let's see what Kinky has to say about that:

3Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/17/2018, 10:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Who the hell cares what Kinky Friedman has to say?

4Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/18/2018, 12:54 am

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:

Since Friedman ran for Governor in '06 and has been a columnist and public figure in Texas for decades, there may be segments of the Texas voting public that are more familiar with him than with Beto O'Rourke.

Why should anyone care about the fact that YOU like Beto O'Rourke when you don't even say WHY you like him or what about him you like?

5Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/18/2018, 1:57 am

Telstar

Telstar

6Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/18/2018, 10:06 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Since Friedman ran for Governor in '06 and has been a columnist and public figure in Texas for decades, there may be segments of the Texas voting public that are more familiar with him than with Beto O'Rourke.

Why should anyone care about the fact that YOU like Beto O'Rourke when you don't even say WHY you like him or what about him you like?

Maybe because my entire family is from Texas going back 4 generations, I was born in south Texas, and "you can take the girl out of Texas, but..."

Maybe because Kinky was born in Chicago.

Maybe because he gave this interview to ROLLING STONE touting a Trump/Sanders ticket and calling both of them "honest". That should destroy any credibility he might have in the political arena.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/kinky-friedman-talks-music-texas-and-a-trump-sanders-ticket-20150922

As for Beto, he knows the wall is BS and doesn't hesitate to say so. He's also running a grassroots campaign...no PAC money (if you took the time to watch this video or the other one I posted recently), and he's taking on Cruz, the most hated person in the Senate. He strikes me as well spoken and level headed. I don't think anyone could call Kinky level headed.

7Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/18/2018, 11:35 am

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:
As for Beto, he knows the wall is BS and doesn't hesitate to say so.  He's also running a grassroots campaign...no PAC money (if you took the time to watch this video or the other one I posted recently), and he's taking on Cruz, the most hated person in the Senate.  He strikes me as well spoken and level headed.  I don't think anyone could call Kinky level headed.

You seem to struggle with recognizing irony.

And no, I didn't watch the videos you posted. Honestly, how arrogant can you be expecting other people to watch videos just because YOU posted them.

8Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/18/2018, 12:52 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
As for Beto, he knows the wall is BS and doesn't hesitate to say so.  He's also running a grassroots campaign...no PAC money (if you took the time to watch this video or the other one I posted recently), and he's taking on Cruz, the most hated person in the Senate.  He strikes me as well spoken and level headed.  I don't think anyone could call Kinky level headed.

You seem to struggle with recognizing irony.

And no, I didn't watch the videos you posted. Honestly, how arrogant can you be expecting other people to watch videos just because YOU posted them.

I don't care if you watch the videos or not. Stay ignorant.

9Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/18/2018, 1:53 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Thanks for posting the Rolling Stone article FT. It's so sad that some people get old and stupid.

10Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/18/2018, 2:26 pm

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:
I don't care if you watch the videos or not.  Stay ignorant.

I'm ignorant if I don't watch the videos YOU post, huh? Do you not realize how arrogant that is?

11Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/18/2018, 9:16 pm

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:You seem to struggle with recognizing irony.

Deus has used this response on me more than once. It's what he hides behind when he's bested and knows it.

12Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/19/2018, 5:48 am

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:

Deus has used this response on me more than once.  It's what he hides behind when he's bested and knows it.

I guess you didn't get it either. I'll try to dumb it down for the women in the future.

13Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/19/2018, 8:41 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Deus has used this response on me more than once.  It's what he hides behind when he's bested and knows it.

I guess you didn't get it either. I'll try to dumb it down for the women in the future.

Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg-UAcFg1EaZihrkQOjtX8shaSJGwpXnw_ms9SrFASkXuB3pPaRg

14Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/19/2018, 10:24 am

Deus X

Deus X

L.O.L.

15Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/20/2018, 5:50 am

2seaoat

Cruz is in trouble. I believe he is an evil man. I also have deep questions about his connections to some of these shady right wing organizations who are collecting data on facebook and sharing the same with the Russians. Those shady organizations were married to Cruz before Trump ever became a candidate. I watched Maher and his guest, and think without a doubt that Texans will identify what an insufferable wussy aszwipe Cruz is......and vote his arrogant asz out of Congress. I am sure there is a network somewhere who will hire him after November's election. Then maybe his daughter can become press secretary.....thankfully for America his offspring will have a brain because of favorable genetics which cannot be said regarding our current press secretary and her father......another former politician and political commentator whose patronage hiring of his daughter has Americans suffering each day as she speaks.

16Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 3/20/2018, 7:19 am

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Cruz is in trouble.  I believe he is an evil man.  I also have deep questions about his connections to some of these shady right wing organizations who are collecting data on facebook and sharing the same with the Russians.  Those shady organizations were married to Cruz before Trump ever became a candidate.  I watched Maher and his guest, and think without a doubt that Texans will identify what an insufferable wussy aszwipe Cruz is......and vote his arrogant asz out of Congress.  I am sure there is a network somewhere who will hire him after November's election.  Then maybe his daughter can become press secretary.....thankfully for America his offspring will have a brain because of favorable genetics which cannot be said regarding our current press secretary and her father......another former politician and political commentator whose patronage hiring of his daughter has Americans suffering each day as she speaks.

17Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 4/9/2018, 10:10 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Watch Out, Ted Cruz. Beto is Coming.

Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Merlin_136480527_578675f6-036b-4b85-b3f6-2164230ce3ab-jumbo

By Frank Bruni

Opinion Columnist

April 7, 2018
HOUSTON — "Count me among the swelling ranks of the infatuated. I, too, have been Beto-struck.

I have seen the alternative to Ted Cruz — Lord knows we need an alternative to Ted Cruz — and he’s a peppy, rangy, toothy progressive with ratios of folksiness to urbanity and irreverence to earnestness that might well have been cooked up in some political laboratory. Could that formula enable Representative Beto O’Rourke, a Texas Democrat, to wrest Cruz’s seat in the Senate from him in November?

By now you’ve probably heard of Beto — seemingly no one calls him by his surname — and that in and of itself is a marvel. When else has a long-shot Senate candidate with no prior celebrity drawn so much coverage? He has been the subject of lengthy profiles in The Times, The Washington Post, Politico, Rolling Stone and Vanity Fair, which bestowed upon him the mightiest political adjective of them all: “Kennedyesque.”

He even appeared last month on Bill Maher’s HBO show, generating headlines with his response to Maher’s characterization of Cruz.

“Don’t forget,” Maher said, “he’s a giant asshole.”

“That’s true,” Beto concurred.

It was a naughty swerve from his usual niceness, and over lunch in Houston on Thursday, he told me that he regretted it.

“I think I was just moving the conversation along,” Beto said. “Anyhow, I don’t think that Ted Cruz is an asshole.”

“You don’t?” I asked, incredulous.

“I certainly don’t think that publicly,” he answered.

Cruz is a rare and precious gift. He’s so loathed that any passable Democrat with a picayune chance of toppling him was bound to draw more attention and inspire more hope than the political dynamics warranted. While President Trump’s unpopularity endangers his party’s incumbents far and wide and Texas may indeed be getting bluer, the state has been very red for very long. The last time a Democrat won statewide office was 24 years ago.

But Beto is more than passable. Many of his campaign events are mobbed. People line up for selfies and then insist on hugs..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/07/opinion/sunday/ted-cruz-beto-orourke-texas.html?auth=login-email&login=email

18Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 4/9/2018, 1:47 pm

He's not terrible. He's against military adventurism, drug war, most gun control, and doesn't take pac money.

His DACA stance is weird because trump offered almost 3 times as many as the dems were wanting.

It's early tho... we'll see how far left he's forced to go.

19Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 4/9/2018, 2:15 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:He's not terrible. He's against military adventurism,  drug war, most gun control, and doesn't take pac money.

His DACA stance is weird because trump offered almost 3 times as many as the dems were wanting.

Trump offered the deal as a way to pass his malignant tax bill, and then he reneged.

20Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 4/9/2018, 2:27 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:He's not terrible. He's against military adventurism,  drug war, most gun control, and doesn't take pac money.

Trump offered the deal as a way to pass his malignant tax bill, and then he reneged.  

Yes... I've no doubt that you've read that among your sources. Rolling Eyes

21Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher Empty Re: Beto O'Rourke on Bill Maher 4/9/2018, 10:48 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Yes... I've no doubt that you've read that among your sources. Rolling Eyes

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-daca-shutdown-20180122-story.html

"President Trump stood in the East Room of the White House last February and haltingly addressed what he called "a very, very difficult subject for me" — the hundreds of thousands of immigrants known as Dreamers, who came to this country illegally as children.

"We're going to show great heart," he vowed, gesturing with both hands during a news conference. "You have these incredible kids, in many cases — not in all cases. In some of the cases they're having DACA and they're gang members and they're drug dealers too. But you have some absolutely incredible kids — I would say mostly — they were brought here in such a way — it's a very, very tough subject."

Nearly a year later, Trump is still finding it difficult to talk about how to handle about 700,000 immigrants who are set to lose protections from deportation. Last September he ordered an end to an Obama administration directive, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which allowed Dreamers to legally work, go to school or serve in the military after being vetted and paying a fee. But he also asked Congress to devise alternative protections by March.

His inconsistencies on what to do about the DACA beneficiaries since then have vexed both parties and helped fuel the first government shutdown in five years.

After the Senate agreed on Monday to reopen the government with a fourth stopgap spending measure — on the promise of a DACA vote soon — a broader immigration deal remains as elusive as ever, in large part because of Trump's lack of clarity. Democrats and Republicans agree that his support is essential — that only he has the clout with the Republican base to allay nativist sentiment and push an immigration compromise to passage in the Republican-controlled Congress.

The White House has laid out conditions, including funding for a southern border wall as well as an end to immigration preferences for family members and a visa lottery program. Trump, however, has treated those as a starting point in negotiations, sending differing signals about how far he is willing to compromise.

At times, including during a televised meeting with lawmakers this month, the president has indicated to lawmakers that he would cut a quick deal to resolve the issue, only to yank the prospect away moments or days later.

After that conciliatory 55-minute televised session on a Tuesday, the following Thursday, Jan. 11, Trump agreed to two senators' proposed bipartisan framework. Two hours later, he reneged at a larger meeting where Chief of Staff John F. Kelly had arranged to include five Republican lawmakers who opposed the plan..."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-daca-shutdown-20180122-story.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum