Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh wow, Bill Maher.... gonna irk the liberals now

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Bill-Maher/104059392964580?source=whfrt&position=3&trqid=6196586576569800934

Defends arrest of clock maker boy who had clock that looked like IED.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You beat me to it.
Yesterday seaoat put up a thread with the title "Best Bill Mahr Ever"
But if seaoat is gonna be consistent with his belief that what happened to this kid was due to racism, then he's gonna have to call Bill Mahr a racist too.
Seaoat can't have his cake and eat it too. Not to mention, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
And if he needs me to come up with more cliches, by golly I can do it. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's my theory.  I understand it was one of the school "disciplinarians" who thought a clock was a bomb and called the swat team in.

I know these types from Pensacola High.  They usually double as PE coaches and then "teach" detention too.   The average schoolteacher is definitely no mensa,  but these types are the ones who are really dumb as rocks.

This cute little kid is obviously just a nerd,  a geek.  He's taking shit apart and tinkering with it like I did.  I can look at him and know he aint no threat to anybody.  But those PE teacher types think he's gonna behead em before he blows up the school.

Bill Mahr's fulla shit on this one.  But he's still show for show the funniest televsion host of all.  Especially after Stewart switched to wrastlin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bill Mahr is a political enigma.  Because he has two main messages.

1.  Them muslim terrorizers is gonna kill us all so let's go fuck with them.

and

2.  God and Jesus and Mohammed and all the rest is evil,  it's dangerous,  it causes war and conflict,  and last but not least,  it's just downright retarded to still believe that religious horseshit.  

The remarkable thing about it is,  one message is very "conservative",  and the other message is very "liberal".

I do the same thing,  seaoat.  Why do you call me a "fence-sitter" when you don't call him that.

Last edited by Bob on 9/20/2015, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

All guests agreed the boy deserved an apology. You do not apologize if you have done nothing wrong. Bill Mahr thinks all religion is dangerous. He thinks Muslim kids blow chit up. He is racist. The show was excellent, and Bob.....I have watched Bill Mahr for years......I have observed his positions........I have read your posts......you are no Bill Mahr.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My only defense to that seaoat, is two things.

1. You don't have to buy an HBO subscription to read my jokes.

2. I'm all you've got.

And it's that last one which is the most signficiant. Because the quality of my humor is on the same level of quality as just about everything else in American society these days.
If there was a real-life version of the movie Idiocracy, I'd be the comedian. lol

2seaoat

Bob,
You needed a guide dog for the cough drop......you are original and a pleasure to read.....do not change just because I give you chit.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually, seaoat, I'm in pretty good company. Because NO ONE is Bill Mahr but Bill Mahr.

When he delivers that "epilogue" (monologue at the end) on his show he calls
"New Rules", for me that's the single most funny thing on television.
It's a combination of the content and the delivery both. It's like when a musician is both one of the best performers and one of the best songwriters at the same time.
I realize he has a writing team. But I'm guessing he contributes a whole lot to the script of that monologue.
And when he hits the mark with his delivery, and it never misses a single syllable or a single facial expression, it's the pinnacle of television humor today.
Nothing can touch him on it. Stewart and Colbert take a back seat to it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It makes me realize that, when they said that same thing to Dan Quayle,  he shouldna stood there like a deer in the headlights.
He shoulda told Senator Bentson,  "no I'm not,  Senator,  and neither are you".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,

I think I can actually convince you that Mahr and me do have one thing in common. And it's kinda weird when you think about it.

I want you to think about watching Mahr. If you can get that in your mind, you'll see that he gives little chuckles as he delivers the punch lines.
It's like he's adding his own little laugh track to the jokes as he's telling them.

I do the same thing with that little "lol" thing when I'm writing.

I try my best to avoid it because I know it's tacky. But I just can't help myself so I keep doing it.
I think it's the same thing with Mahr. And I think it might be some indication of insecurity on the part of both of us.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

His name is Maher. I realize you spelled it right in the title.

I think Bob is right...some overreaction by a teacher or teachers. It is my understanding that they didn't evacuate the school and that the object in question was a digital clock that had been dismantled and reassembled inside a case...a nerdy kid who liked to repair things...and I say that affectionately, because I like nerdy kids...and even old geezers who still like to figure out how things work.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wow I can take the guts out of a flash light and put them in a cardboard tube I must be a geniuse...quick call MIT and the president.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Seaoat,

I think I can actually convince you that Mahr and me do have one thing in common.  And it's kinda weird when you think about it.

I want you to think about watching Mahr.  If you can get that in your mind,  you'll see that he gives little chuckles as he delivers the punch lines.  
It's like he's adding his own little laugh track to the jokes as he's telling them.

I do the same thing with that little "lol" thing when I'm writing.

I try my best to avoid it because I know it's tacky.  But I just can't help myself so I keep doing it.  
I think it's the same thing with Mahr.  And I think it might be some indication of insecurity on the part of both of us.  

I think his facial expressions are a device to connect him to the audience. He could completely deadpan it like some comedians have done, but instead he chooses to convey his take on the one-liner via facial expression just before he delivers it. Stewart and Colbert have a similar shtick, as do many stand-up comedians. I have great admiration for all of them, but I think Maher suffers from a common disease: Islamophobia.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Wow I can take the guts out of a flash light and put them in a cardboard tube I must be a geniuse...quick call MIT and the president.

I was like that kid. But in my case I was one of a duo of "siblings". My first cousin and me (both only children) were like brothers back then. Still are.
And the first thing we ever took apart was our grandfathers console tube radio. We had every piece of that son of a bitch scattered across his floor trying to figure out how it works.
We were just as confident that we could get it all put back together.
But when our parents got back (Papa was sleeping in the back the whole time), they beat our asses and told us to never do anything like that again.

Papa woke up, saw the radio in pieces, and laughed his ass off over it.
You see, Papa was a depression era mill superintendent. And his obsession was saving on to everything he could pick up because he knew he was gonna jury rig it do something sooner or later. And he took apart everything in sight.
Our own parents never understood that in him. But me and Cuz did. It skipped a generation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
I think his facial expressions are a device to connect him to the audience.  He could completely deadpan it like some comedians have done, but instead he chooses to convey his take on the one-liner via facial expression just before he delivers it
.  Stewart and Colbert have a similar shtick, as do many stand-up comedians.  I have great admiration for all of them, but I think Maher suffers from a common disease:  Islamophobia.

I agree 110% with every word you wrote that I've put in red.

But that's not the part I'm talking about.  I'm talking about that little chuckle of a laugh he does as he's speaking the lines.  Sometimes he'll give the little chuckle after almost every line of the joke. And sometimes he gives the little chuckle within the line he's speaking itself.
It's very distinctive.  Play back an episode again or watch one on youtube.
If you now look for what I'm referring to I think you'll see it.

by 2seaoat Today at 5:11 pm
All guests agreed the boy deserved an apology. You do not apologize if you have done nothing wrong. Bill Mahr thinks all religion is dangerous. He thinks Muslim kids blow chit up. He is racist. The show was excellent, and Bob.....I have watched Bill Mahr for years......I have observed his positions........I have read your posts......you are no Bill Mahr.
----
I have read your
Posts and you are clueless. What happens if it is a real bomb Seaoat and it goes unreported? And then the school blows up? Whose fault is
It then? Who gets sued? Ever heard of probes? Sometimes terrorists send probes to see how the defense of a base will react to study TTPs. If defense posture is lowered because someone is butthurt over search procedures, the base becomes a soft target to be exploited. The father of the child is a Muslim extremist activist. This could have very well been a probe to see the reaction of the school leadership and LEOs. We know in this very same area the mayor did away with the ad hoc sharia courts the Muslims were trying to use. This bodes bad to let this go away as a racist white person overreaction.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pacedog, how in the name of god did you and Bill Mahr ever end up on the same side?
That's like Jesus and Satan being on the same side.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  tex,  I'm writing it as Mahr because that's how it's pronounced.
Maher gets pronounced May Er and that bugs me.

It's like when they pronounce Mark Levin the way Fred Levin is pronounced which of course is not correct.  
So I spell Mark's name as LuhVIN.

And I spell Mobile as MoBeel. Not how it's spelled which every journalist in the country has pronounced incorrectly.

Bill and I have a clear cut, black and white perception of the "religion of peace." He is able to see, not from a first hand perspective, of how evil Islam can be. Like me, he sees moderates who outnumber the radicalized, doing nothing to fix the facts about Islam. Murder, tortur, female genetalia mutilatin, extortion of non believers, rape, honor killings, taxing monbelievers as dhimmi to live in Muslim area-all in the name of Allah makes for a very sick religion.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Boy this does away with Ann Coulter's quote for good.

The quote is that you have to be EITHER a liberal OR a conservative if you're IQ is higher than a toaster.  You can't be BOTH because in Ann's little mind that is just not allowed.

Looks like Bill Mahr,  Pacedog, and me,  all three,  have IQ's which are lower than a toaster.  
Whodathunkit.

How bout you, markle? Are you with Mahr and Pacedog on this? Is your IQ lower than a toaster too?

We have seen the Islamic pattern of previously moderate Muslims becoming devout and then aiding and abetting jihad

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Obamasucks wrote:We have seen the Islamic pattern of previously moderate Muslims becoming devout and then aiding and abetting jihad

Hey it's not easy to go it alone in Muslimland.....

Oh wow, Bill Maher.... gonna irk the liberals now ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.guim.co.uk%2Fsys-images%2FGuardian%2FAbout%2FGeneral%2F2010%2F7%2F12%2F1278889230969%2FAn-Iranian-woman-symbolic-006

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2013/10/107729/a-pakistani-mother-of-two-stoned-to-death-for-owning-a-mobile-phone-2/

Oh wow, Bill Maher.... gonna irk the liberals now ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moroccoworldnews.com%2Fwp-content%2Fthemes%2Fgoodnews45%2Fframework%2Fscripts%2Ftimthumb.php%3Fsrc%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.moroccoworldnews.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F10%2FPakistani-woman1

Sidi Ifni- Arifa Bibi, a young Pakistani mother of two, was stoned to death by a Pakistani tribal court for owning a cell phone. The mother died in the presence of her family members, who too threw stones at her.

For the simple reason that she possessed a mobile phone, the woman was killed and buried away from her home village,

Yep religion of peace.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum